Galaxy Note 3 receiving update that fixes third-party accessory compatibility

The Android 4.4 KitKat brought some useful features to the already feature-packed software on the Galaxy Note 3, but it also introduced an issue that disabled compatibility with third-party accessories. Samsung acknowledged this issue and said it would release an update to fix it, and that update has finally begun rolling out, with Poland being the first country to get it. The update also fixes the issue of apps not being able to write to the external storage on KitKat, and is currently available for the quad-core variant (SM-N9005) of the Galaxy Note 3.

It’s good to Samsung acting so fast on fixing a rather glaring issue that should never have existed in the first place, though hopefully it will be as quick at actually making the update available in more regions (and for the Exynos model.) The update’s currently available in Russia and Poland with build number N9005XXUENB3, and you can head over to the Settings » General » About device » Software update menu to do a manual check if you’re too impatient about waiting for the update’s notification to pop up on its own.

Update: The SD card writing issue, as it turns out, isn’t related to Samsung’s version of KitKat, but is caused by changes made in Android 4.4 by Google. Developers must update their apps to make them capable of writing to the external storage again, so if you use an app that isn’t able to access the microSD card on KitKat, you might want to ask the developer to update that particular app.

Thanks, Ken!

Firmware news 18

iqbal100
1 year 1 month ago

Bad website search not work

letouriste
1 year 6 months ago

There was no change ?????

I am currently developing a professional application in android with managing a large SGDB on an external card, and I can not test it with my galaxy note 3. Should I switch to another brand of smartphone? My application will be dedicated to a specific smartphone, SAMSUNG see if I made on ​​a Galaxy Note 3 or another smartphone!

Je développe actuellement une application professionnelle sous android avec gestion d’une grosse base de données sur une carte externe, et je ne peux plus tester avec mon galaxy note 3. Dois je passer sur une autre marque de smartphone ? Mon application sera dédié sur un smartphone spécifique, à SAMSUNG de voir si je le fait sur un galaxy note 3 ou sur un autre smartphone !

letouriste

Poland Build date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 05:20:27 +0000

Where is the New firmware ?

aragonamanda
1 year 6 months ago

I wonder why giant company like Samsung do not roll out the note 3 update in all regions at the same time..
Is it server issues …or what…

letouriste
1 year 6 months ago

SAMSUNG thank you to think developers.
I will remain in android.

chevin0423
1 year 6 months ago

Hi Just wanna ask when is the KITKAT roll out for galaxy note 3 here in philippines.

kyien
1 year 6 months ago

If you know how to use Odin, you can update your Note 3 to 4.4.2 using the Poland stock ROM.. it works just fine for me plus the latest update does not format my phone so no apps were compromised.. I’m from Philippines too.

aksoy1980
1 year 6 months ago

This is the lates news from sammobile.com
Unfortunately the issue of apps not being able to write to the external storage STILL present.I do not UNDERSTAND Why Samsung does not fix the issues and why they inform customers to telling the issue was fixed ,,,untrue,,,

Paps Duke
1 year 6 months ago

Well…i thought they denied this fact ?

AquilaSol
1 year 6 months ago

Great, maybe NOW everyone will get 4.4, since it’s only available so far for Eastern Europe, Asia and ironically, The Netherlands.

maiko67
1 year 6 months ago

C’est pour quand la mise a jour pour le GN3 4.4.2 en france XEF……

angeloos

already updated Poland firmware but still i can’t use VPN

yousef alraee
1 year 6 months ago

When middle east receive update note 3 sm -900 mid version everyday I chick for that

aka29
1 year 5 months ago

I know how to fix it for rooted users
/system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
add permission media_rw for ACCSES_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
Thats is all…

panthimanshu
1 year 6 months ago

When will SM-N900 (India) will receive this update.

sumjad

Assalamu alaikkum yousef
I think this week note 3 mideast will update

yousef alraee
1 year 6 months ago

Wa alikoom alsslam. Thanx for replay of my comment .I’ll check it
Thanks again