Posted by Abhijeet M. 11 months ago

First Tizen phone (Z9005) appears in hands-on video

tizen-redwood-9

The Z9005, a high-end Tizen phone that shares specs with the Galaxy S3, has been in the news quite often, and now we can take a look at a hands-on video of the device, showcasing Tizen, Samsung’s mobile operating system that the company hopes will one day power everything from mobile to banks, cars, televisions, and more.

At first glance, Tizen looks pretty similar to TouchWiz, but the icons, which seem inspired from the circular icons in Nokia’s now cancelled MeeGo (not surprising, since Intel came together with Samsung to create Tizen after Nokia got out of the MeeGo project), look much better than they do on Samsung’s Android devices. The menu layouts and options are all similar to the ones found on Galaxy devices, and pretty similar to Android itself, which should help keep Samsung’s current consumers pretty comfortable with the new OS should they ever buy a Tizen device.

The hands-on video is quite long at over 9 minutes, so go ahead and hit the play button below to watch it in full. Anyone here interested in Tizen?

Via

15 comments on “First Tizen phone (Z9005) appears in hands-on video

1. Libyan Guy 11 months ago said:

it doesnt look like new OS at all !!! its an android high copy !

• negrobembon 11 months ago said:

agreed, looks like a cheap android knock-off, i thought they would bring something original

• zakk87 11 months ago said:

but is real super fast. samsung wrote this OS from beginning so no dalvik and lags. I wish it will be a Android apps compatible.

• themaxchang 11 months ago said:

LOL. How can it be a cheap android knock-off if it was Samsung who brought this look to Android? LOL.

• ryarrell 11 months ago said:

Tizen is coming along nicely. I’d give it a shot if I had a chance. Great to see the development of this growing.

2. alexis.huaman 11 months ago said:

It’s a copy from Android, well, this is the end of samsung, that’s too bad, I will have to change my S4 to Android 4.4 as soon as S4 GE can get it.

3. MertAydin 11 months ago said:

It looks like a launcher not an OS

4. wilfreb 11 months ago said:

Its not a copy of android, it doesnt looks like android at all.

I looks very similar to touchwiz wich is property of Samsung.

• Abhijeet M. 11 months ago said:

The menu options, like Data Usage, Developer Options and the way they are laid out similar to Android is what made me mention it looks like Android as well, though yeah, it takes mostly after TouchWiz. In fact, it’ll be too bad if Samsung puts the stupid tabbed interface in settings on Tizen as well, that is totally inconvenient in things like settings, dialer etc.

5. ceesars 11 months ago said:

Android + Meego = Tizen ):

6. johnyjackson 11 months ago said:

It’s 2.2 not 3.0

7. Vinzo72 11 months ago said:

Tizen looks crapspectator. I hope GS5 will have android os not tizen os no way. I love the way Google and Android combined on phone. If GS5 will have tizen os on it. I will never be Samsung user anymore. Will switch phone to moto X or nexus 5. Sorry Samsung, I hope you will make phone two different os on GS5 so users can make a choices. I know Google limited edition for GS4 but I think they will be no longer use android.. Don’t… Think about it, you will not lose long time users.

8. zzsomebody 11 months ago said:

Please Samsung, no more Bubble Gum, if you deviate too far from the path you will lose many users. Better yet, why not offer users the ability to choose which way They/We want to go??? Or the ability to choose Android or Tizen. Likely that is too clever or may cost a little bit of money so forgive me.

9. vbx 11 months ago said:

Man, you android fanatics are far worse than the apple fan boys. Sorry but Android just plain sucks. Just look at how Android runs on tablets. I mean you would need a 10000 Ghz quad core processor with 500GB of ram running on Android to run as smooth as iOS6 running on a 1.2 dual core processor and 500mb of ram.

That’s how much Android sucks. Apps? Is that the most important thing on a phone? lol Yeah, let’s download an app so that we can get stupid pop-up ads all day.

10. johnyjackson 11 months ago said:

Android lovers don’t have to worry about that. Because sammy will never give up android until google punch sammy. And Sammy should consider people who fear google for security. Tizen is good option for them.
    I am iphone user now and will buy tizen phone.