Posted by FaryaabS 7 months ago

S4-Android4.3

As you guys may know, Samsung takes some time to update its devices to the latest version of Android but always delivers the most stable and bug free build after a ton of R&D. It’s rumoured that Samsung will be releasing the Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S4 sometime in October/November but we didn’t wanted you guys to wait that long, so we obtained a test firmware for all you Samsung fans out there.

Also, since HTC released Android 4.3 for the Developer Edition One, we just had to give some Android 4.3 love to the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) users. We would like to thank our insider because without our insider’s help we would not have been able to provide you folks with this firmware.
20131001_003227
We have been testing this Android 4.3 test firmware since a few days now and can say that it’s really stable and the performance has received a significant boost, it’s much faster and lag free than Android 4.2.2. Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet are present in this test firmware, Samsung Knox works like a charm but Samsung Wallet can’t be downloaded from Samsung servers at the moment. Also, there is a new Reading Mode which optimises the screen for reading, but only a few specific applications are able to use this feature, and there is a new improved keyboard as well. Most of the changes are under the hood, except a few minor UI changes here and there. Now the most interesting part, this firmware has improved colour reproduction of the display quite a bit and the text looks even sharper than before.

Keep in mind that Android 4.3 update is still under heavy development and Samsung may add more features before rolling out the official update itself.

Model: GT-I9505
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 1715731
Build date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:48:24 +0000
Product Code: OXA
PDA: I9505XXUEMI8
CSC: I9505OXAEMI8
MODEM: I9505XXUEMI8
Download: I9505XXUEMI8_I9505OXAEMI8_I9505XXUEMI8_OXA.zip

NOTE
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
- We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.

INSTRUCTIONS
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

VIDEO

SCREENSHOTS

If you would like to get in touch with us, use the Contact Us page.

164 comments on “Exclusive: I9505XXUEMI8 – Leaked Android 4.3 test firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

1. sisqo bogdan 7 months ago said:

Nice. Thx Sammobile. Work fine .

2. sad_but_cool1 7 months ago said:

great work sammobile team !
    good job/review/changelog/screenshoots/info !
    we wait for test/leake N7100 4.3x firmware.
    thanks

3. reddotnick 7 months ago said:

What about the gt-i9500?!

4. roeldeckers 7 months ago said:

the 4.2.2 firmware has kernel version 3.4.5
    the 4.3 firmware however still runs on 3.4.0
    But i’m sure that this has it’s reasons. Perhaps it isn’t stable yet with newer kernel version

5. Cyclops1055 7 months ago said:

Can I install this on the Samsung S4 I337M version? I know that the 4.3 Google edition can be installed on it.

So will this version work?

Thanks

6. omarhuacuz 7 months ago said:

7. sad_but_cool1 7 months ago said:

NOOOOOOO
    you can not install on I337M …
    be carefull !!

8. sad_but_cool1 7 months ago said:

At least,you will 100% loose WIFI , and maybe GSM/WCDMA connection,
    If you flashed i9005 firm into I337M.
    it is just a test firm with knox, you don’t know what security incloded,maybe knox will lock bootloader or somthing similer.

9. adiislam 7 months ago said:

Download link not working! Pls check the download link

10. emieltes 7 months ago said:

Wasn’t android 4.3 supposed to bring open gl es 3.0 support to the adreno 320? When I try to run the opengl es 3.0 benchmark in antutu it says ‘your device does not support open gl 3.0′. This is kinda weird because I’m also getting much higher antutu scores(28500-29500).
    I hope they bring opengl es 3.0 in the final 4.3 update.

11. cameracartwright 7 months ago said:

I’m a little confused as I’m currently using xxudmh8 so ky bootloaders jow locked so how can I flash this?

12. kokteong91 7 months ago said:

can android 4.3 support on GT-i9500 samsung galaxy S4 malaysia version yet ?

13. deodexed 7 months ago said:

i9500 also exits… guys please ask our beloved insiders… to provide the i9500 firmware..

14. deodexed 7 months ago said:

15. dbenyakar 7 months ago said:

who can we ask for the i9500 4.3 firmware?

16. ench18 7 months ago said:

When you mean “Open Europe” can this be flashed on to a XEF France firmware i9505?

17. ench18 7 months ago said:

oops i meant on a France I9505XXUBMGA i9505

18. Twanntastic 7 months ago said:

Please be carefull!! If you flash this firmware you will start from scratch. all your data will be lost.

but its running like a charme :)

• ench18 7 months ago said:

Thank you for the reply. i have my data backed up on kies. Hope this leak brings good things to our i9505′s. :)

19. hebobo 7 months ago said:

Flashed this yesterday….Im amazed, its a new phone… run so smoth, the butter in my fridge is stuttering besides it..

Yes you will loose all data, but a backup in kies 2.6 and a recover in kies3 will do the trick.

Thanks Sammobile, i am truly greatfull. :)

• ench18 7 months ago said:

Can’t a regular backup from Kies do the trick? sorry for being a noob. not really keen on these rooting kinda stuf. I just like stock firmwares. ;)

20. bigthugs0 7 months ago said:

damnnnnn, why all things are for i9505 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. kokteong91 7 months ago said:

i wish there got a 4.3 android firmware for samsung S4 GT-i9500

22. jfsantac 7 months ago said:

Very nice firmware but there is a big issue because WIFI seems out of order.
    Something to do ?
    Thanks from a french sammobile fan.

23. fer_champions 7 months ago said:

I expect that Samsung launches soon this version at the same time on our galaxy s3!! i’m tired of waiting…………

24. ynot68 7 months ago said:

I have added all 4 files as instructed but it keeps failing when pressing start any ideas

25. breza015 7 months ago said:

If I flash this firmware over 4.2.2 MH6 with locked bootloader and Knox, is it possible to go back later to 4.2 (in case I don’t like something or if drains battery more)?

26. ench18 7 months ago said:

I more thing… Do i add all of these in one go using Odin (PDA)? Or do i have to flash these one by one?

AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP

BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL

CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP

CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC

27. dimotj 7 months ago said:

no leaked version for s3:(

28. Punisher85 7 months ago said:

if anybody install this soft please go to download mode and do it foto for use to see the knox counter is change to 0×1
    thanks

P.s I ask this because i see in this rom new bootloader and in movie knox app

29. hijstlk 7 months ago said:

Hi Sammobile guys,

Can you please have a look at changelist to see whether it has anything fix related to Talkback and Webview?
    thanks

30. mrbhavani 7 months ago said:

KNOX not working.. “Your device is not authorized to enter Samsung KNOX mode” … My Firmware version is Official..Please helpppppppp

31. joshi101 7 months ago said:

Is battery life improved?

32. espaniol77 7 months ago said:

nie dziala sklep google wywala blad serwera albo ze mina czas albo jeszcze inny blad. RPC:S-5:AEC.0 i nie da rady nic pobrac ani zaktualizowac.czekam na jakas stailniejsza wersje.

33. willjatene 7 months ago said:

works fine, I didnt need to do wipe/factory reset

34. marcosbob 7 months ago said:

I don’t know what happened but I can restore previews firmware after installing this one. Anybody had the same problem? Is there a diferent method to it?

35. chiragnarasimha 7 months ago said:

All those who are wondering if you will be able to go back to the 4.2.2 firmware, well, i believe you can. I would recommend downloading the 4.2.2 firmware of your region from this website before proceeding to install the 4.3 test firmware. You should be able to go back to the 4.2.2 by simply flashing the 4.2.2 firmware of your region with odin.

BTW, HTC is apparently not planning to release the 4.3 update for the one x. This is really sad considering the fact that it was their last years flagship phone. BAD HTC. At least Samsung has promised to update Galaxy S3, so all of you stop complaining!!!!!

36. aboutmarkanthony 7 months ago said:

NO. you can’t revert back to 4.2.2. I already tested it. although running smoothly, YOU CAN’T GO BACK. ERROR and FAIL if reverted flash to lower FW. ;) I’m searching for workaround regarding this problem. :(

• samregencia 7 months ago said:

Hi, I’m wondering if this will work for my Philippines I9505 (Globe carrier). Will it work?

• pepooh696 7 months ago said:

yeah me too i’m having this problem also..wheww maybe wifi and gps still on bug.

• chiragnarasimha 7 months ago said:

Have you tried wiping the device after downgrading??????

I used to have an S2 and from my s2 experience I an telling you this. I did install the leaked 4.1.2 update for s2 and when I downgraded, it began to crash. So I rebooted the device to the stock recovery (vol up + home button + power key) and in the default recovery, I wiped the device. After turning it on, boom, everything seemed to work as if I had just bought the device. Worth a try.

And BTW, I an not installing this leaked version because or is changing the modem of the phone

• Sjokoprins 7 months ago said:

Did you flash back to 4.2.2 with odin 3.0.9? Because you would need an older version of odin to flash to 4.2.2

• Sam Chan 7 months ago said:

I am able to revert to 4.2.2. All you need to do is to flash the 4.2.2 firmware using Odin (both 3.0.7 or 3.0.9 works). The phone will not boot into system after flashing. You will need to remove the battery to off the phone. Thereafter, put back the battery and go the recovery mode by holding the “Home+Power+Vol Up” buttons at the same time. In recovery mode, select and apply wipe/factory reset and then reboot to system.

37. samregencia 7 months ago said:

Hi, does anyone know if this will work for my Philippines I9505 (Globe carrier)?

38. pepooh696 7 months ago said:

how can I revert back to 4.2.2?..it fails on Odin when I flash 4.2.2..hmmmmm i guess wifi and gps got error on this leaked firmware, if i turn of wifi or gps and check on battery stat after awhile its still in a blue color it means active right?

39. aboutmarkanthony 7 months ago said:

hey guys. mga pre. trapped tayo sa 4.3 as of now. no work around to revert it back to 4.2.2. hmm. and 0×1 ang KNOX WARRANTY ko meaning VOID. hassle. hahaha. pero working naman. (SORRY FOR USING FILIPINO LANGUAGE)

STILL WAITING IF MA REVERT BA ANG 0×1 na KNOX WARRANTY.

40. gogolak 7 months ago said:

I reverted it back to 4.2.2 without any problem…
    what i did:
    opened odin3 v 3.04
    added i9505 xxudmh5 to pda( this is germany version DBT..by the way i am from romania)
    pressed start.
    after like 5 mins odin said PASS
    before the phone booted up i entered recover mode by pressing vol up+power+home
    wiped data/factory settings and also cache
    after that phone booted up and TADAAAA everything working perfect. Sry for my english

• aboutmarkanthony 7 months ago said:

But the bootloader never downgraded. pls check the bootloader if you have violated the KNOX warranty sir.

KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0×0 = STILL ON WARRANTY
      KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0×1 = VIOLATED.

thanks

• pepooh696 7 months ago said:

where did you get the XXUDMH5?in sammobile theres only XXUDMH6 for germany

• gogolak 7 months ago said:

It is open germany DBT wich is xxudmh5.

• gogolak 7 months ago said:

But anyway… there shouldn.t be any problem if u flash any other open firmware..

• pepooh696 7 months ago said:

i tried to flash philippines firmware 4.2 it failed..

• KittyPaw 7 months ago said:

Mga kabayan,

I9505 ko nka lock sa Globe, modem: I9505DXUBMG5 (Philippines)

Tas nung pina network unlock ko sa mall, I found out nlang sa bahay na Germany na: I9505XXUAMDM

Ok lang ba ito?

• aboutmarkanthony 7 months ago said:

And you can only downgrade to same KNOX-BASE FIRMWARE. but normal and unloacked FW will be a failure. :(

• gogolak 7 months ago said:

Well i didn.t tryed out knox when i had 4.3 installed. Didn.t even download it.

• aboutmarkanthony 7 months ago said:

KNOX is pre-installed in the latest stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 (Leaked)

• LFModesto 7 months ago said:

Thanks ! it also worked for me.

i just have to add, that my stuck in SAMSUNG for about 6 min, then i shut it off, wiped data/factory settings and also cache and then restarted ok.

41. gogolak 7 months ago said:

I know. But u have to download some aditional MB(like 100+) and then u can start using it

• aboutmarkanthony 7 months ago said:

yes, but if you KNOX WARRANTY IS VOID. then you can’t.

Check your bootloader, pressing POWER+VOL UP+HOME then UP (DOWNLOADING MODE)

0×0 = WARRANTY is INTACT
      0×1 = VOID!!!! :(

• samregencia 7 months ago said:

I do what youve said. Theres no Knox in there. Only i see is official, official, 0×30. San ang knox jan wala nmn nakalagay?

42. pepooh696 7 months ago said:

NO Luck for my S4 I cannot downgrade to 4.2 I use different kinds of firmware regions still no luck I use Odin 3.04..

43. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Then try to do whataboutmarkanthony says. Go to download mode and check what he says

44. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Did u try to wipe everything before flashing?

45. marcosbob 7 months ago said:

That was very irresponsible from their part leave out the fact that you can’t go back to most stock firmwares. I’ve been doing this for a long time and never had such issue, although I’ve never had to use warranty before, this is troubling.

46. osamah01 7 months ago said:

i lost sound …
    i cant dial or answer the call

any one can help ?!?!?!

• stuartfrew 7 months ago said:

wipe and reinstall it should all work ive been running it all day and it has went absolute fine no issues at all screen resolution seems to be better , speed is nice too :) over all seems to be improved

47. sampiandres 7 months ago said:

Can I install this firmware in my I9500??? If I do, I brick it??? Thanks.

• alainkh 7 months ago said:

Dont do it because you will brick your i9500.
      I9500 and i9505 are completly different so you shall wait samsung to release a version for our i9500

48. brucemartens 7 months ago said:

Will my S4 i9505 fully work with the Samsung Galaxy Gear after I do this update?

49. stuartfrew 7 months ago said:

right ive installed this , was too rude not to give it a try and i will say since installing it is really really good seems to so far run very very smooth i have had no issues what so ever so if you do lose sound wifi etc then id say wipe system then reboot to download mode and reinstall , as for the thoughts on going back to 2.2 seems to work as long as you use odin 3 3.07 anything less aka 3,04 it will fail so 3.07. unsure if this manover would then bust your knox warranty and set it at 0×1 mine is on 0×1 sadly since i updated my device officialy and it failed screwed my phone up so i reinstalled the firmware i had been on before the update and i notice it has pushed me to the 0×1 absolute gutted as id like to have had knox set up on my device so if anyone knows how to resolve this then pplease elt me know however i am aware there is no current work around and i have contacted samsung for this as i am fuming that because of a failed software update that was official i suffer now hence why i have tried the 4.3 firmware either way my device wont have the protection that was promised :(

50. amandeepsaini11 7 months ago said:

Can someone post the change full change logs including camera function and hmp etc….?

51. dodoments 7 months ago said:

I SOLD MY N7000(GALAXY NOTE 1)(USED TO THINK THE WORST PHONE) TO BUY I9500 (OCTA SHIT THE WORST STUPIDPHONE EVER TO GET FOOLED AGAIN! NO LEAKS.. NO SOURCE CODES FOR AOSP ROMS… NO UPDATES..FUCKING LAGGY … WASTE OF MONEY… CONTACTS NEEDS 5 SECONDS TO LAUNCH ON OCTA CORE PROC!! ONLY FOOLS PEOPLE WITH UNUSEFULL GESTURES AND IDIOT HEAD MOVEMENTS TO CONTROLL NOTHING IMPORTANT ON MOBILE, MEMORY LEAK, BAD BATTERY ) SAMSUNG YOU REALLY DISAPPOINT ME! I WILL NEVER AND NEVER GET FOOLED BUY A RETARD PHONE AGAIN AND WASTE MY MONEY FOR NOTHING! I’M GONNA SELL THIS SHIT AND BUY A BETTER PHONE FROM A COMPANY THAT DOESNT RELY ON FRAUD AND THAT CARES ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS AND GIVES UPDATES MUCH FASTER THAN THIS SHITTY RETARDED COMPANY.

• chiragnarasimha 7 months ago said:

Wow buddy. Calm down.You should have done your research. I know the octa variant sucks but the snapdragon one is kick ass.Which other company smartphone are you going to buy anyways??

HTC! For the record, there are reports suggesting that the company might not update the one x which is there last year flagship!!!

Sony? Probably for there waterproof feature. The rest of the phone is pretty much boring.

Nokia? Hahaha don’t even think about it. Windows platform had way to less app in it’s app store.

Apple? They release the same phone every year by increasing some minor things which I don’t even care about. New feature in iPhone 5s is fingerprint scanner and once you unlock the phone it’s again the same shit.

Do you know what I mean

• jsarahina 7 months ago said:

I own octacore s4 and 5 seconds to open contacts? not happening to me. I chose octa vs the lte quadcore variant because, hspa+ in octa is enough for me… who needs 40mbps of speed in their mobile phone?

52. florox 7 months ago said:

everything work better and faster, except the fact that shotcuts from lockscreen is missing

53. Brares79 7 months ago said:

Hi guys . So , i installed the firmware last night and it’s almost perfect . The performance increase is very visible in games (gta vice city runs almost perfectly on max settings), but also through the touchwiz . I noticed a small lag(not really lag , but imperfection) when i pull the notification bar . Till now , i had only one crash when i was watching a video recorder with the phone (screen turned green e i needed to take out the baterry) , but anyway it’s great . Respect for the insider :).

54. pestrickler1980 7 months ago said:

Hello I already downloaded the firmware from hotfile many times and when i unzip it there is an error. Do you have another page where to download the 4.3 for galaxy s4? Thank you and best regards

• jsarahina 7 months ago said:

if there’s an error everytime you unzip the file, your downloaded file is incomplete or unfinished. try again.

55. sisqo bogdan 7 months ago said:

After 3 days on test, my sgs4 i9505 it’s ok. This frw is good. I dont have crash or lags.

56. chiragnarasimha 7 months ago said:

All those experiencing problems after downgrading try this.

Have you tried wiping the device after downgrading??????

57. zorankc 7 months ago said:

Hallo, is necessary to flash in Odin BL,CP and CSC or can only flash AP. tnx for answer

58. chiragnarasimha 7 months ago said:

Incase the above method failed, then i am sad to tell you that there is a long process that is probably going take more than an hour to complete the downgrade process.

First of all, remember that when you upgraded to 4.3, you also upgraded stuff like BL(bootloader), AP(formerly known as pda which can be downloaded from this site), CP (modem of the phone) and finally CSC. So, the trick is to download the BL of 4.2.2, AP(PDA) of your region, CP of your region or your carrier, and the CSC of your region. Trust me, finding these stuff can be hard depending on the popularity of your region and the popularity of your carrier.

Hopefully, you were able to download all the above mentioned stuff. Now go ahead and flash these things with odin. Also note that wiping the device with the stock recovery ( vol up + home Key + Power button) might be necessary. While flashing with odin, DO NOT CHECK ANYTHING APART FROM AUTO REBOOT AND F. RESET TIME.

OR THE EASIEST IS PROBABLY TO WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL RELEASE AND THEN FLASH IT WITH ODIN. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL RELEASE WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE IN THIS WEBSITE ANYWAYS

• chiragnarasimha 7 months ago said:

Had to repost all these details because the website hid my comments that had links in them.

• aboutmarkanthony 7 months ago said:

Do you have complete separate 4.2.2 BL,AP,CP, and CSC of your region? so that we can test it. All old version has only 1 file of .tar.md5 if you can compare it with this MI8 leaked version using 7zip viewer, you can see a very similar files, but the problem is on how to separate all the files from older firmware to compose as BL,AP,CP, and CS to be use in downgrading process.

It’s so complicated. :(

• chiragnarasimha 7 months ago said:

dude the old version that you can download from this website is suitable for the PA of Odin. you have to separately download the other files that i have mentioned in my comment. these files are not included in the PA even if after extracting it. so it is a long process.

59. aboutmarkanthony 7 months ago said:

Good day,

did anyone notice wifi stat on battery? seems like it is always ON! [BLUE COLORED LINE], even if the toggle is set to OFF. anyone?

60. Bogdanosu21 7 months ago said:

Please update and the GT-I 9500. It’s not fair. GT-I 9505 gets the update and the GT-I 9500 not. Please hurry up with the update for GT-I 9500.

61. Dean 7 months ago said:

I have noticed that sometimes my phone slows a little more than usual with this leak, plus new text messages do not show which contact has sent them. I just see ‘new message received’. I know this is a leak, just wondering if anyone is having the same issues? Cannot wait for the final release :) thanks sammobile!

62. mpepe30 7 months ago said:

Only problem is that the email client will not open attached files documents, images. Any other OK.

63. taggen 7 months ago said:

Work awsome its only that Kies 3 has no chance to upgrade its says the kerneln its wrong, but the auto update inside of the phone looks like its works.

64. maverick5 7 months ago said:

ive been trying this as a daily driver for a few days and im impressed , my battery lasts longer than before so for me i`ll stick to this :)

65. Psychopathh 7 months ago said:

Used this for for about 5 days days and overall it’s it’s a very very smooth leak.
    But I have have very noticeable shorter battery life. Used to able to have around 5hrs of on screen time watching YouTube on wifi now I can only get about 3hrs

66. davab 7 months ago said:

Can anyone confirm whether 4.3 solves the Bluetooth problem? When using headset during a call everything fine until about 8 mins into call and then seems to drop the Bluetooth connection and transfers the call back to the phone. I then have to:
    1) touch the headset ‘button’ in the ‘in call menu’ as though I want to transfer the call myself back to the phone
    2) touch again to transfer back to headset

Everything ok then for another 8 mins when you have to do 1 and 2 again

67. LFModesto 7 months ago said:

just want to thanks gogolak for the information, because as many others i was having problem to revert to 4.2.2

quote gogolak :
    I reverted it back to 4.2.2 without any problem…
    what i did:

nox warranty void: 0×0
      csb-config-lsb: 0×30
      write protection: Enable

68. skateroker 7 months ago said:

funciona para el galaxy 4 sgh-i337m o filtraran una para esa vercion a 4.3

69. Sam Chan 7 months ago said:

Only setback is that you will not be able to root the phone after installing this leaked version of 4.3 as the security software blocks SuperSU from running. Therefore, you will not be able to use all rooted software.

70. vrousias 7 months ago said:

i have install the 4.3 firmware yesterday, everything works perfect. BUT there is no difference from 4.2.2 . so people keep 4.2 it is excatly the same . it is not faster, it doesnt have better colours bullshits.

71. Aznbull 7 months ago said:

My galaxy s4, is running android 4.3 really smooth, however it has random crashes and ends in bootloot, I know for sure that some apps will crash the device and force it into a bootloop.
    But there’s one weird thing, that is i can get it out of the bootloop by putting it into a charge and boot, that when the battery is 90% full.
    I’ve tried to downgrade it but it has not been succesfull so far, I can turn the device on but the WIFI can’t be use, it won’t turn on, any advice ? I’m using the Nordic version rom.
    If any1 know where to download bootloader/rom/Kernel/css for nordic galaxy s4, please post a link.

• Aznbull 7 months ago said:

I’ve found a solution to downgrade, instead of downloading stock rom around the web, I used KIES to downgrade and it worked liked a charm, everything is running like b4 i installed 4.3, but unfortunally flashing 4.3 rom does give me KNOX 0×1.

• gogolak 7 months ago said:

Turn off ur phone. Enter recovery mode by holding home+power+volume up buttons. Wipe data/factory settings wipe cache and then reboot. If wifi still not working try to reflash the 4.3 rom

72. Aznbull 7 months ago said:

To downgrade using KIES you have to do following.
    1. Open Kies >TOOLS > FIRMWARE UPGRADE AND INITIALIZE.

and follow instructions, that KIES is showing. You will find all the necessary information to enter, they are located in a Label under the battery ( you’ll have to remove the battery.)

2. Turn the phone off
    3. Put in it download mode ( Volume down+home+power key > press volume up)

That’s the procedure, I hope it’s explained so it’s understandable.

73. Aznbull 7 months ago said:

Now i got another problem, while a downgrade is succesfull, my sg4 randomly restart upon open apps, and at every restart it will end in a boot loop, the only thing that makes it boot normally is connect a charget to it and it will boot without any problem. The battery is never below 50% but why kind of error is this? I can’t google the answere

• jcars 7 months ago said:

I have this problem too. Very anoying

• gogolak 7 months ago said:

Guys. Power off ur device. Enter recovery by holding power+home+volume up buttons. Wipe data/factory settings wipe cache and the reboot ur phone

• jcars 7 months ago said:

Its not that easy. I have tried that lot of times but its not working

• Aznbull 7 months ago said:

Gogolak I’ve done all what you mentioned above, I’ve also restore the firmware in Kies twice, I’ve tried restore firmware >empty cache>reset phone, that doesn’t help the restart and bootloop. So I tried reset empty everything and then restore. That doesn’t work either, today I’ve send it to service, because it keep reboot on almost every app, and the reboot ends in a bootloop, only by connecting to a charger then it will start normally

74. Brares79 7 months ago said:

Hi to all . I mentioned in an earlier post my experience with 4.3 . Today i downgraded to 4.2.2 (udmh6) using odin 3.07 and It worked perfect , even the knox counter is still 0×0 . I just followed the instructions , flashed and the reset from recovery menu . I think That a new version of odin is required to make this downgrade possible .

• faysalimtiaz 7 months ago said:

Can you please elaborate a bit. I have been trying to downgrade by oddins and kies but no success.

• Brares79 7 months ago said:

Sure ! I downloaded the last firmware for my country , i did a factory reset while the phone was still 4.3 , downloaded odin 3.07 , put the phone in Download mode , installed the new firmware , did another Factory reset and evrything worked perfect . Maybe you should try to uninstall kies and Download the drivers from the internet , because kies might get in the way of odin and make It Crash .

75. beroka 7 months ago said:

Hi Guys,

Has somebody any tip for my problem. I’ve a Hungarian GT-9505 simlock free device with XEH firmware. I updated this OXA firmware to my device and then my product code of my device had changed GT2I9505ZWADTB from GT2I9505ZWAXEH. So my product code had changed. After update when my device had booted into recovery I saw that “Multi CSC applied – DBT” or something.

Will my device’s product code change to XEH when I’ll flash the XEH Official 4.3 firmware? Of course when it will be out.

Thanks,
    L

76. w7nt3rmut3 7 months ago said:

I wonder if this version will get updates via OTA or not, cause it’s just a test firmware?

Any hints for that`?

77. swa100 7 months ago said:

Battery life sucks here… Any suggestions?

78. IsG1475 7 months ago said:

Will it work on the Galaxy S4 M919???

79. liz connely 7 months ago said:

hi can someone plz tell me if i can install this on my s4.
    i have rooted my device and im running a stock 4.3 google edition android version at the moment. but i want to go back to samsung touchviz rom desperately cause atm the baterry life is terrible.

i have rooted my device.
    can i still install this version .
    thanks

• gogolak 7 months ago said:

yes u can install any stock roms(even this 4.3 one) but u will lose all ur data and also u will lose ur root acces.

• Brares79 7 months ago said:

If you want warranty It is a good ideea to see triangle away . It will reset your binary counter back to 0 to get the warranty back .

80. sunnygreen 7 months ago said:

While I don’t recommend installing such firmware onto your Galaxy S4 or Galaxy Note 2, they are available. Those who wish to flash either build should do so with caution and back up their handsets beforehand.
    If you want to recover the data in your Android phone, just go to http://android-recovery.net/.

81. darkwader 7 months ago said:

Galaxy Gear works better with this ROM. Incoming calls now goes to phone as default. Weather works. And apps can be installed from gearmanager. Messages, email etc.. still doesnt work.

82. dazza73 7 months ago said:

Didn’t work on I will wait fot the official one

83. yinghanhan 7 months ago said:

Found buggy, lock screen shortcuts are not in the options…
    Will report more for bug…
    If anyone have solutions, kindly reply.
    Thanks.

84. KittyPaw 7 months ago said:

Hello friends from all over,

My I9505 was network locked to a single carrier here in the Philippines (Globe). Wanted to switch to another carrier as they offer better LTE services. Did just that earlier today by paying a cellphone technician in the mall to network unlock my device.

When I got home, I researched the changed modem number on my phone, and found out that from the I9505DXUBMG5 Philippines version I originally had, I now have the I9505XXUAMDM Germany version.

It got pretty laggy but a Factory Reset took care of that. Other than that, I wanted to know if this change is okay? Will I have problems updating my firmware or whatnot considering I’m in one country, while my phone is “running” on another?

TIA!

Kind regards,
    A Noob in Learning

• jsarahina 7 months ago said:

yes it will run ok but i believe the pda will not match in future samsung updates and will push “Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available” to your device everytime you check for updates.

So it’s either you revert your S4 to the original country firmware to get the official updates from KIES and Device “Update” Section.

or

download the firmware here in SamMobile everytime they release updates if you want to retain the unlocked status of your phone.

this is based on my experience when i accidentally installed different country firmware on my i9500.

85. androidloverbe 7 months ago said:

Hi,

I flashed this firmware and i’ve had a couple a problems

1)After flashing my device stopped booting at the pretty logo saying “Samsung” (a battery pull took care off that).

2)I whas unable to login to my Google account because i have 2layer authentication enabled and this firmware removed all my apps including the google authenticator app (i whas able to recover my account) .

3)Samsung Wallet says “cannot download now please try again later” every time i open that app what’s up with that ?.

4)Is it normal that a firmware removes all of your apps and why is there no warning about that !!!!!!!!! ?

Cheers

86. Aznbull 7 months ago said:

Today I got my home back from the service center, they have replaced the battery which was the source to all the bootloops, and not the phone was not able to reboot.

87. jerrry 7 months ago said:

Hello, I have big problem. I can’t flash this ROM (or any other official). When ODIN flashing a “modem part”, flashing process fails everytime. I really don’t know what can I do now. I tried searching on Google, Xda-developers and here for last 5 hours and no solution. Can please anyone help me? Thank you very much.

88. priyom1506 7 months ago said:

Hi,
    I have recently installed the test 4.3 jelly bean firmwire posted in Sam-mobile in my s4 i9505. Now the official firmwire has released.
    1. Did I get the official update via ota or kies?
    2. If not the how do I get the official update?

When I installed the test firmwire all my data has lost. So now if I use the official update of 4.3 will my data be lost again??

89. edyalf25 7 months ago said:

the the canadian variant exist sammobile please support this variant and release the leak of the 4.3 firmware please sammobile please

90. puthirin 7 months ago said:

is it possible for me to update in Cambodia?

91. rezacadet 7 months ago said:

Please Anybody replay me that, is this firmware work on China/Master-copy/Mirror Fake S4? And how can i sure that S4 I9505 Is Original Samsung Product?

92. sharmake23 7 months ago said:

I have problem my device s4 19505 I have put 4.3 firmware it cannot play any sound what can I do pleased reply