Exclusive: I9505XXUEMI8 – Leaked Android 4.3 test firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

As you guys may know, Samsung takes some time to update its devices to the latest version of Android but always delivers the most stable and bug free build after a ton of R&D. It’s rumoured that Samsung will be releasing the Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S4 sometime in October/November but we didn’t wanted you guys to wait that long, so we obtained a test firmware for all you Samsung fans out there.

Also, since HTC released Android 4.3 for the Developer Edition One, we just had to give some Android 4.3 love to the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) users. We would like to thank our insider because without our insider’s help we would not have been able to provide you folks with this firmware.
We have been testing this Android 4.3 test firmware since a few days now and can say that it’s really stable and the performance has received a significant boost, it’s much faster and lag free than Android 4.2.2. Samsung Knox and Samsung Wallet are present in this test firmware, Samsung Knox works like a charm but Samsung Wallet can’t be downloaded from Samsung servers at the moment. Also, there is a new Reading Mode which optimises the screen for reading, but only a few specific applications are able to use this feature, and there is a new improved keyboard as well. Most of the changes are under the hood, except a few minor UI changes here and there. Now the most interesting part, this firmware has improved colour reproduction of the display quite a bit and the text looks even sharper than before.

Keep in mind that Android 4.3 update is still under heavy development and Samsung may add more features before rolling out the official update itself.

Model: GT-I9505
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 1715731
Build date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:48:24 +0000
Product Code: OXA
Download: I9505XXUEMI8_I9505OXAEMI8_I9505XXUEMI8_OXA.zip

- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
- We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.

- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAEMI8_1715731_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

If you would like to get in touch with us, use the Contact Us page.

Firmware news 163

1 year 6 months ago

I have problem my device s4 19505 I have put 4.3 firmware it cannot play any sound what can I do pleased reply

1 year 9 months ago

Please Anybody replay me that, is this firmware work on China/Master-copy/Mirror Fake S4? And how can i sure that S4 I9505 Is Original Samsung Product?

1 year 10 months ago

is it possible for me to update in Cambodia?

1 year 11 months ago

the the canadian variant exist sammobile please support this variant and release the leak of the 4.3 firmware please sammobile please

1 year 11 months ago

I own octacore s4 and 5 seconds to open contacts? not happening to me. I chose octa vs the lte quadcore variant because, hspa+ in octa is enough for me… who needs 40mbps of speed in their mobile phone?

1 year 11 months ago

I have recently installed the test 4.3 jelly bean firmwire posted in Sam-mobile in my s4 i9505. Now the official firmwire has released.
1. Did I get the official update via ota or kies?
2. If not the how do I get the official update?

When I installed the test firmwire all my data has lost. So now if I use the official update of 4.3 will my data be lost again??

1 year 11 months ago

Hello, I have big problem. I can’t flash this ROM (or any other official). When ODIN flashing a “modem part”, flashing process fails everytime. I really don’t know what can I do now. I tried searching on Google, Xda-developers and here for last 5 hours and no solution. Can please anyone help me? Thank you very much.

1 year 11 months ago

Today I got my home back from the service center, they have replaced the battery which was the source to all the bootloops, and not the phone was not able to reboot.

1 year 11 months ago

I flashed this firmware and i’ve had a couple a problems

1)After flashing my device stopped booting at the pretty logo saying “Samsung” (a battery pull took care off that).

2)I whas unable to login to my Google account because i have 2layer authentication enabled and this firmware removed all my apps including the google authenticator app (i whas able to recover my account) .

3)Samsung Wallet says “cannot download now please try again later” every time i open that app what’s up with that ?.

4)Is it normal that a firmware removes all of your apps and why is there no warning about that !!!!!!!!! ?

1 year 11 months ago

Hello friends from all over,

My I9505 was network locked to a single carrier here in the Philippines (Globe). Wanted to switch to another carrier as they offer better LTE services. Did just that earlier today by paying a cellphone technician in the mall to network unlock my device.

When I got home, I researched the changed modem number on my phone, and found out that from the I9505DXUBMG5 Philippines version I originally had, I now have the I9505XXUAMDM Germany version.

It got pretty laggy but a Factory Reset took care of that. Other than that, I wanted to know if this change is okay? Will I have problems updating my firmware or whatnot considering I’m in one country, while my phone is “running” on another?

Kind regards,
A Noob in Learning

1 year 11 months ago

yes it will run ok but i believe the pda will not match in future samsung updates and will push “Your device has been modified. Software updates are not available” to your device everytime you check for updates.

So it’s either you revert your S4 to the original country firmware to get the official updates from KIES and Device “Update” Section.

download the firmware here in SamMobile everytime they release updates if you want to retain the unlocked status of your phone.

this is based on my experience when i accidentally installed different country firmware on my i9500.

1 year 11 months ago

Found buggy, lock screen shortcuts are not in the options…
Will report more for bug…
If anyone have solutions, kindly reply.

1 year 11 months ago

Didn’t work on I will wait fot the official one

1 year 11 months ago

Galaxy Gear works better with this ROM. Incoming calls now goes to phone as default. Weather works. And apps can be installed from gearmanager. Messages, email etc.. still doesnt work.

1 year 11 months ago

While I don’t recommend installing such firmware onto your Galaxy S4 or Galaxy Note 2, they are available. Those who wish to flash either build should do so with caution and back up their handsets beforehand.
If you want to recover the data in your Android phone, just go to http://android-recovery.net/.

liz connely
1 year 11 months ago

hi can someone plz tell me if i can install this on my s4.
i have rooted my device and im running a stock 4.3 google edition android version at the moment. but i want to go back to samsung touchviz rom desperately cause atm the baterry life is terrible.

i have rooted my device.
can i still install this version .

1 year 11 months ago

If you want warranty It is a good ideea to see triangle away . It will reset your binary counter back to 0 to get the warranty back .

1 year 11 months ago

yes u can install any stock roms(even this 4.3 one) but u will lose all ur data and also u will lose ur root acces.

1 year 11 months ago

Will it work on the Galaxy S4 M919???

1 year 11 months ago

Battery life sucks here… Any suggestions?

1 year 11 months ago

I wonder if this version will get updates via OTA or not, cause it’s just a test firmware?

Any hints for that`?

Hi Guys,

Has somebody any tip for my problem. I’ve a Hungarian GT-9505 simlock free device with XEH firmware. I updated this OXA firmware to my device and then my product code of my device had changed GT2I9505ZWADTB from GT2I9505ZWAXEH. So my product code had changed. After update when my device had booted into recovery I saw that “Multi CSC applied – DBT” or something.

Will my device’s product code change to XEH when I’ll flash the XEH Official 4.3 firmware? Of course when it will be out.

1 year 11 months ago

Hi to all . I mentioned in an earlier post my experience with 4.3 . Today i downgraded to 4.2.2 (udmh6) using odin 3.07 and It worked perfect , even the knox counter is still 0×0 . I just followed the instructions , flashed and the reset from recovery menu . I think That a new version of odin is required to make this downgrade possible .

1 year 11 months ago

Can you please elaborate a bit. I have been trying to downgrade by oddins and kies but no success.

1 year 11 months ago

Sure ! I downloaded the last firmware for my country , i did a factory reset while the phone was still 4.3 , downloaded odin 3.07 , put the phone in Download mode , installed the new firmware , did another Factory reset and evrything worked perfect . Maybe you should try to uninstall kies and Download the drivers from the internet , because kies might get in the way of odin and make It Crash .

1 year 11 months ago

Now i got another problem, while a downgrade is succesfull, my sg4 randomly restart upon open apps, and at every restart it will end in a boot loop, the only thing that makes it boot normally is connect a charget to it and it will boot without any problem. The battery is never below 50% but why kind of error is this? I can’t google the answere

1 year 11 months ago

I have this problem too. Very anoying

1 year 11 months ago

Guys. Power off ur device. Enter recovery by holding power+home+volume up buttons. Wipe data/factory settings wipe cache and the reboot ur phone

1 year 11 months ago

Gogolak I’ve done all what you mentioned above, I’ve also restore the firmware in Kies twice, I’ve tried restore firmware >empty cache>reset phone, that doesn’t help the restart and bootloop. So I tried reset empty everything and then restore. That doesn’t work either, today I’ve send it to service, because it keep reboot on almost every app, and the reboot ends in a bootloop, only by connecting to a charger then it will start normally

1 year 11 months ago

Its not that easy. I have tried that lot of times but its not working

1 year 11 months ago

To downgrade using KIES you have to do following.

and follow instructions, that KIES is showing. You will find all the necessary information to enter, they are located in a Label under the battery ( you’ll have to remove the battery.)

2. Turn the phone off
3. Put in it download mode ( Volume down+home+power key > press volume up)

That’s the procedure, I hope it’s explained so it’s understandable.

1 year 11 months ago

My galaxy s4, is running android 4.3 really smooth, however it has random crashes and ends in bootloot, I know for sure that some apps will crash the device and force it into a bootloop.
But there’s one weird thing, that is i can get it out of the bootloop by putting it into a charge and boot, that when the battery is 90% full.
I’ve tried to downgrade it but it has not been succesfull so far, I can turn the device on but the WIFI can’t be use, it won’t turn on, any advice ? I’m using the Nordic version rom.
If any1 know where to download bootloader/rom/Kernel/css for nordic galaxy s4, please post a link.

1 year 11 months ago

Turn off ur phone. Enter recovery mode by holding home+power+volume up buttons. Wipe data/factory settings wipe cache and then reboot. If wifi still not working try to reflash the 4.3 rom

1 year 11 months ago

I’ve found a solution to downgrade, instead of downloading stock rom around the web, I used KIES to downgrade and it worked liked a charm, everything is running like b4 i installed 4.3, but unfortunally flashing 4.3 rom does give me KNOX 0×1.

1 year 11 months ago

What procedure, please? Where can I find this option in KIES?

1 year 11 months ago

i have install the 4.3 firmware yesterday, everything works perfect. BUT there is no difference from 4.2.2 . so people keep 4.2 it is excatly the same . it is not faster, it doesnt have better colours bullshits.

Sam Chan
1 year 11 months ago

Right, nothing fantastic on the 4.3 and the WiFi connection is very unstable.

Sam Chan
1 year 11 months ago

Only setback is that you will not be able to root the phone after installing this leaked version of 4.3 as the security software blocks SuperSU from running. Therefore, you will not be able to use all rooted software.

1 year 11 months ago

I was able to root after the 4.3 upgrade but it does tick the Knox warranty counter to 0×1.

Sam Chan
1 year 11 months ago

I also find a way to root but not all rooted software works. Anyway, i have fall back to 4.2.2 using Wanamlite ROM.