Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi (GT-P3110) receiving Android 4.2.2 update in UK

Following the official Android 4.2.2 update rollout for the 3G variant of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung has now released the update for the Wi-Fi variant of the 7-inch tablet, starting with the United Kingdom. The build number is P3110XXDMH1, and the update will be available both over-the-air (OTA) and via Samsung’s Kies PC suite software, though since it’s a staged rollout, it might be a day or two before you see it on your tablet.

Android 4.2.2 brings a number of small but useful changes, such as a dedicated customizable notifications panel in the status bar, lockscreen widgets, multiple user accounts, better accessibility, Daydreams screensaver mode, and also new widgets and launcher from the Galaxy S4. Expect to see improvements in performance and battery life as well.

Firmware information:

• Model: GT-P3110
  • Country: United Kingdom
  • Version: Android 4.2.2
  • Changelist: 1249439
  • Build date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 08:08:27 +0000
  • Product Code: BTU
  • PDA: P3110XXDMH1
  • CSC: P3110OXADMH1
  • MODEM: P3110XXDMH1

The Android 4.2.2 update firmware for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3110) is also available in our firmware section, and you can use the firmware for manually updating to Android 4.2.2 in case you can’t officially update through the OTA or Kies (for example, if you’re rooted, running a custom ROM, or in a country where the update is not yet available, though you might have to wipe data to make the device boot up in that case).

Firmware news 38

1 year 1 month ago

mm Stil no sign of any upgrades beyond 4.1.2 for the P3100 in the Netherlands.. Samsung seems not to like Dutch Customers at all, because we never get updates.. not for tablets, not for phones , not for TV’s…

1 year 2 months ago

Well i got a kind of a problem, i updated system using odin 3.07 and after it loaded all apps and things, i just unlocked my device that had 3g option, now i do not have phone app and i cant call anyone, plese help !

1 year 2 months ago

en internet ya hay actualizaciones del android 4.1.2 GT-P3110 en android 4.4 que tal es y como funciona, ya lo an probado, por favor cuéntenme si si funciona o no por favor, gracias por toda su colaboración.

1 year 9 months ago

What about update 4.2.2 galaxy tab 2 p3110 for Russia?

2 years 1 month ago

so no multi user???

i got tired of searching!!!!

2 years 2 months ago

Used this update 2 and both time its frozen on samsung screen. cannot get into wipe device and it says i have loaded 2 custom ROMS! WTH!!!

2 years 2 months ago

I download the update from firmware section and copied to the micro sd to run. I did all the process but when the tab reboots I get the same version of Android, the 4.1.1. What will be happening?

2 years 2 months ago

holly craps….when is the turn for gs3 and gnote2….??????

2 years 2 months ago

Received 4.4.2 last week – My P3113 is now significantly slower/laggy and there is no sign of multiple user accounts. “Expect to see improvements in performance”? Quite the opposite in my experience.

2 years 2 months ago

Can we expect an 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Tab 7.7 p6800?
it’s more premium that galaxy tab 2, and it’s beauty can be compared to all the modern tablets as it has a beautiful AMOLED screen

2 years 3 months ago

For the P3113 (Infrared version) owners. I have the P3113 and tried to flash this P3110 ROM thru ODIN on the P3113, at the end of the flashing i got the “FAILED” warning, the image got copied entirely but i got this warning, so i reset the terminal and when the system boot up i got the message that “android is upodating system 0/113″ and it updated everything and at the end i got 4.2.2 official on P3113.

In case you want to flash this rom to your P3113. And i dindt lost the smart remote funcionality.

2 years 3 months ago

Please anyone help me !!! … will this update be available for Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 P3113 ???

2 years 3 months ago

i want to ask Samsung when will you release the jelly bean update for Galaxy tab 2 P3100 in Egypt? , as we are waiting and waiting ….

2 years 3 months ago

Updates to 4.2.2 on Saturday and can’t get my apple email to work on incoming emails. I have tried every imap setting possible, and spoken to the sumsung service centre. The email works perfectly on a third party app and works ok on my tab 2 10, which still has the old build on it.

This is a software issue at samsung where can I get help? I also wonder if it’s samsung trying to stop apple.

2 years 3 months ago

Not sure if anyone noticed but with this release, samsung lets move your apps to the ex sd card, dont remember seeing thiscavailable on 4.1.2

2 years 3 months ago

I was waiting long for this update. Finally it arrived but the expectations were bigger. This one has very ugly notification center, and is slower even when installed clean. I’m going to use stock 4.1.2 forever on my p3110, it is just more “snappy” than 4.2.2.

2 years 3 months ago

That’s cool, but where is ” multiple users” option? I searched all the options many times. There is no ” users” in my GT-P3110.

2 years 3 months ago

Does this Firmware support the Arabic Language?

2 years 3 months ago

I have the galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3113 with android 4.1.1 when it came 4.2 to Venezuela and I’m still waiting for the 4.1.2

2 years 3 months ago

Yeah! It’s works well with Odin V3.07… MANY THANKS to the SamMobile Team!

2 years 3 months ago

I have the same question as another member – I have the 4.2.2 update – all well and good. But I cannot obviously see the option to add another User account (for my kid). It is not obvious in settings (per vanilla android). Does Samsung support it in this release ? where is the setting located ? Do they class this the same way as a phone even tho this is the wifi only model ??? Anyone found it ?

2 years 3 months ago

I have the same problem. I can’t see this option anywhere. I’ve tried to reflash new software twice without effect.

2 years 3 months ago

Exactly, we pay a lot for one device, and the updates are very bad.
Samsung is rolling out the Android 4.2.2 almost 1 year after the official release from Google.

So, what the deal?
Samsung is great, but have a really bad upgrade policies.

2 years 3 months ago

Name me another company that is currently using android that is able to keep up with the lastest updates? Ask the HTC fans boys how they felt when HTC stopped producing updates for the HTC one S after a few months. Considering Samsung has a much larger portfolio of devices compared to all their rivals they are doing a damn good job. Go get a huawei or a HTC and see how horrible their update policy really is.

2 years 3 months ago

Yes, I named Samsung, but all current manufacturers do the same. The worse of all others is definitly Sony.
But, one thing, HTC told that HTC One S would not receive new updates, but a few weeks ago, they released the 4.2.2.

But I ask, why the hell that manufacturers don’t give the same support as Google?
The updates have enormous delays, for example, the Samsung is rolling out the Android 4.2.2 for almost all devices almost one year after the oficial release.

HTC, LG, etc etc, do the same, but why?

2 years 3 months ago

Problem is every manufacture wants to differentiate from their rivals in terms of hardware and software which one of the reason why there is so much fragmentation. Since they are all using android they have to use their own skins (HTC sense and Touchwiz) to stand out along with their own features. Having a carrier phone (e.g verizon) means you are at the mercy of the carrier since they usually tinker the official software before giving it to you. However you are right there is no real excuse for them all to take over a year to deliver a update. I do believe that sometimes manufacturers do delay updates in order to pressure people to buy their lastest phones. Glad i finally moving away from samsung onto a nexus. Pure android experience. However i do think out of all the Android vendors samsung is the best and well supported by 3rd party developers.

husein arif
10 months 1 day ago

yes ido

bashar aldaher

what about galaxy note 1 when will it have 4.2.2

2 years 3 months ago

How do we enable the Mutiple User Accounts?

2 years 3 months ago

we cant wait man :( bcoz we paid alot for dis fone :/