Posted by Abhijeet M. 12 months ago

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi (GT-P3110) receiving Android 4.2.2 update in UK

samsung_galaxy_tab_2_7-0-540x421

Following the official Android 4.2.2 update rollout for the 3G variant of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung has now released the update for the Wi-Fi variant of the 7-inch tablet, starting with the United Kingdom. The build number is P3110XXDMH1, and the update will be available both over-the-air (OTA) and via Samsung’s Kies PC suite software, though since it’s a staged rollout, it might be a day or two before you see it on your tablet.

Android 4.2.2 brings a number of small but useful changes, such as a dedicated customizable notifications panel in the status bar, lockscreen widgets, multiple user accounts, better accessibility, Daydreams screensaver mode, and also new widgets and launcher from the Galaxy S4. Expect to see improvements in performance and battery life as well.

Firmware information:

• Model: GT-P3110
  • Country: United Kingdom
  • Version: Android 4.2.2
  • Changelist: 1249439
  • Build date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 08:08:27 +0000
  • Product Code: BTU
  • PDA: P3110XXDMH1
  • CSC: P3110OXADMH1
  • MODEM: P3110XXDMH1

The Android 4.2.2 update firmware for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3110) is also available in our firmware section, and you can use the firmware for manually updating to Android 4.2.2 in case you can’t officially update through the OTA or Kies (for example, if you’re rooted, running a custom ROM, or in a country where the update is not yet available, though you might have to wipe data to make the device boot up in that case).

34 comments on “Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi (GT-P3110) receiving Android 4.2.2 update in UK

1. dreadlord52 12 months ago said:

It’s a shame for Galaxy S III and Note II users. We have to wait Android 4.3 for months. But Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 receive newest TouchWiz from S4 now.

2. fer_champions 12 months ago said:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeen will receveive this update o android 4.3 on galaxy s3 & note 2¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ Samsung many delays and delays……………..

3. abdullah21 12 months ago said:

I can consider this tab 2 a child compared to note 10.1 what are you doing samsung????

4. Cutta-veer 12 months ago said:

samsung is very good company and all angry users have some patience

5. jauhar1 12 months ago said:

Where is an update for Galaxy Note 2????

6. healingspree 12 months ago said:

we cant wait man :( bcoz we paid alot for dis fone :/

7. morristonm31 12 months ago said:

How do we enable the Mutiple User Accounts?

8. bashar aldaher 12 months ago said:

what about galaxy note 1 when will it have 4.2.2

9. Mettafox 12 months ago said:

Exactly, we pay a lot for one device, and the updates are very bad.
    Samsung is rolling out the Android 4.2.2 almost 1 year after the official release from Google.

So, what the deal?
    Samsung is great, but have a really bad upgrade policies.

• Thehardtruth 12 months ago said:

Name me another company that is currently using android that is able to keep up with the lastest updates? Ask the HTC fans boys how they felt when HTC stopped producing updates for the HTC one S after a few months. Considering Samsung has a much larger portfolio of devices compared to all their rivals they are doing a damn good job. Go get a huawei or a HTC and see how horrible their update policy really is.

• Mettafox 12 months ago said:

Yes, I named Samsung, but all current manufacturers do the same. The worse of all others is definitly Sony.
        But, one thing, HTC told that HTC One S would not receive new updates, but a few weeks ago, they released the 4.2.2.

But I ask, why the hell that manufacturers don’t give the same support as Google?
        The updates have enormous delays, for example, the Samsung is rolling out the Android 4.2.2 for almost all devices almost one year after the oficial release.

HTC, LG, etc etc, do the same, but why?

• Thehardtruth 12 months ago said:

Problem is every manufacture wants to differentiate from their rivals in terms of hardware and software which one of the reason why there is so much fragmentation. Since they are all using android they have to use their own skins (HTC sense and Touchwiz) to stand out along with their own features. Having a carrier phone (e.g verizon) means you are at the mercy of the carrier since they usually tinker the official software before giving it to you. However you are right there is no real excuse for them all to take over a year to deliver a update. I do believe that sometimes manufacturers do delay updates in order to pressure people to buy their lastest phones. Glad i finally moving away from samsung onto a nexus. Pure android experience. However i do think out of all the Android vendors samsung is the best and well supported by 3rd party developers.

10. Rump1estiltskin 12 months ago said:

I have the same question as another member – I have the 4.2.2 update – all well and good. But I cannot obviously see the option to add another User account (for my kid). It is not obvious in settings (per vanilla android). Does Samsung support it in this release ? where is the setting located ? Do they class this the same way as a phone even tho this is the wifi only model ??? Anyone found it ?

• pablozz81 12 months ago said:

I have the same problem. I can’t see this option anywhere. I’ve tried to reflash new software twice without effect.

11. Delta_One 12 months ago said:

Yeah! It’s works well with Odin V3.07… MANY THANKS to the SamMobile Team!

12. juanrafael2008 12 months ago said:

I have the galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3113 with android 4.1.1 when it came 4.2 to Venezuela and I’m still waiting for the 4.1.2

13. DaZERORk 12 months ago said:

Does this Firmware support the Arabic Language?

14. pablozz81 12 months ago said:

That’s cool, but where is ” multiple users” option? I searched all the options many times. There is no ” users” in my GT-P3110.

15. klflv 12 months ago said:

I was waiting long for this update. Finally it arrived but the expectations were bigger. This one has very ugly notification center, and is slower even when installed clean. I’m going to use stock 4.1.2 forever on my p3110, it is just more “snappy” than 4.2.2.

16. slickerthenmost 12 months ago said:

Not sure if anyone noticed but with this release, samsung lets move your apps to the ex sd card, dont remember seeing thiscavailable on 4.1.2

17. kevinmorgan 12 months ago said:

Updates to 4.2.2 on Saturday and can’t get my apple me.com email to work on incoming emails. I have tried every imap setting possible, and spoken to the sumsung service centre. The email works perfectly on a third party app and works ok on my tab 2 10, which still has the old build on it.

This is a software issue at samsung where can I get help? I also wonder if it’s samsung trying to stop apple.

18. amr_lion73 12 months ago said:

i want to ask Samsung when will you release the jelly bean update for Galaxy tab 2 P3100 in Egypt? , as we are waiting and waiting ….

19. Star22Android 12 months ago said:

Please anyone help me !!! … will this update be available for Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 P3113 ???

20. lowan64 12 months ago said:

For the P3113 (Infrared version) owners. I have the P3113 and tried to flash this P3110 ROM thru ODIN on the P3113, at the end of the flashing i got the “FAILED” warning, the image got copied entirely but i got this warning, so i reset the terminal and when the system boot up i got the message that “android is upodating system 0/113″ and it updated everything and at the end i got 4.2.2 official on P3113.

In case you want to flash this rom to your P3113. And i dindt lost the smart remote funcionality.

21. bassem.mohsen 12 months ago said:

Can we expect an 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Tab 7.7 p6800?
    it’s more premium that galaxy tab 2, and it’s beauty can be compared to all the modern tablets as it has a beautiful AMOLED screen

22. madfrog2 12 months ago said:

Received 4.4.2 last week – My P3113 is now significantly slower/laggy and there is no sign of multiple user accounts. “Expect to see improvements in performance”? Quite the opposite in my experience.

23. vijaymhr 12 months ago said:

holly craps….when is the turn for gs3 and gnote2….??????

24. jecasanovag 12 months ago said:

I download the update from firmware section and copied to the micro sd to run. I did all the process but when the tab reboots I get the same version of Android, the 4.1.1. What will be happening?

25. ClaytonP1981 12 months ago said:

Used this update 2 and both time its frozen on samsung screen. cannot get into wipe device and it says i have loaded 2 custom ROMS! WTH!!!
    Help??

26. liceus 12 months ago said:

so no multi user???

i got tired of searching!!!!

27. ku862007 12 months ago said:

What about update 4.2.2 galaxy tab 2 p3110 for Russia?