Posted by Abhijeet M. 12 months ago

Another Galaxy S4 gets damaged when charging, owner unhurt

burnt-s4-6

Here we go again. The Galaxy S4 has been involved in a new accident, this time in Pakistan where the USB port on the device was found burnt while it was on charging, the second time this has happened in the last month. The owner of the device was unhurt, and while the USB port was damaged, the USB cable remained intact other than getting a couple of burn marks at its tip.

While this isn’t as severe as someone’s entire house burning down because of Samsung’s latest flagship, it’s still a sign that the manufacturer needs to improve its quality control and match it with the amount of devices they’ve managed to sell (so does their arch-rival Apple, given the numerous cases of iPhones causing damage recently). According to the owner of the phone, the handset was newly bought, and therefore most likely running on the stock Samsung battery instead of a third-party one, which indicates an issue in the charging hardware on the Galaxy S4.

burnt-s4-5

The owner has already approached Samsung about the matter, but apparently was met with resistance when it came to getting the burned handset exchanged for a new one. We’ll be keeping an ear to the ground to see what the outcome is, and would advise you to tread caution when handling your Galaxy S4.

Take a look at some more images of the damaged Galaxy S4.

burnt-s4-4 burnt-s4-3 burnt-s4-2 burnt-s4-6

Thanks, Azhar Abbas! ‏

Source

14 comments on “Another Galaxy S4 gets damaged when charging, owner unhurt

1. mercedsamg 12 months ago said:

Here we go again not another case of a none certified Samsung battery or charger.. I have a s4 and never had any issues like this and I do leave it on charge 12-15hours a day.. If you don’t use Samsung certified chargers or batterys this is what happens.. In Pakistan it is full of Samsung rips that look like Samsung official but they are none Samsung official.. also was they running official Samsung firmware on there s4?

• lasic.2000 12 months ago said:

Every Samsung burned phone was running official firmware… I have S2 with Ressurection Rmix 4.0.6 and I have no probems :P

2. hafeez_95 12 months ago said:

Samsung just want to sale only s4 , and that’s why is happening

3. sweetbangash87 12 months ago said:

Well in Pakistan u can face such problems coz of voltage fluctuation.M using Galaxy S4 with original better & charger n i don have any issue so for…phone is running smooth so is charging…..use original battery plus charger in stay Safe….loving my S4 much much better then IPhone5

4. theonlymac 12 months ago said:

Does anyone hhave any follow ups on the previous stories regarding the issue? I’ve found the acual story but it has not been edited with any updates

5. tekmik 12 months ago said:

Couple of weeks ago, I woke up to find a display on my SG4 saying something like charging of phone has been stopped due to tempreature exceeding safe use…or something like that , I was just awake, ….anyway phone was REALLY hot, and still only a quarter of the battery charged the exact same way it was from plugging it in before i went to sleep.
    Keeping an eye on it but seems to have been fine since but pretty dodgy episode to be honest and quiet troubling – Charge it in a bucket of sand each night ;)

6. velti 12 months ago said:

Бля… ребята у вас что то с резеткой не в порядке.
    Купите себе трансформатор …что бы енЭргию фильтровал.
    Дауны

7. mstyle 12 months ago said:

OhHh…PLEASE! AGAIN?! ХАахахАХ… Even if this happened to me I would have bought a new one. This is bullsh*ts! Please stop with these funny stories…Please! This is the best phone on the market! :D :D :D

8. mstyle 12 months ago said:

Oh come on…Sammobile…why you post such news? Is not there more interesting news about Samsung than this crap?

9. anilprusty 12 months ago said:

I don’t think it’s burnt by charging the phone. it much more like intentionally done.

10. gtone339 12 months ago said:

Use a power surge next time?

11. jlieu 12 months ago said:

Actually my Galaxy S4 I9500 also burned, but I just throw it away. Samsung should probably perform a quality check for their product, I found too much bugs, hardware and software. The device warm up anytime when you use it, charging also warm up which leads to devices failure just like mine, BURNED. SAMSUNG, You should probably STOP Producing such product, don’t waste natural resources.

12. mstyle 12 months ago said:

I have all the generations from Galaxy S1,S2…S4. I’ve never had a problems with them! ;) Please read your User Manuals to know how to work with your phones…aAHAHa… Thank you! :D :D :D

13. dimmuborgir1984 12 months ago said:

hola amigos de sammobile a mi galaxy s4 se te trizo la pantalla de abajo a la altura de la tecla de volumen y lo lleve al servicio tecnico y me dijeron que era raro porque el celular no tiene signos de haber sido golpeado o apretado lo malo es que el celular tiene nueve dias de compra y es liberado y nadie se quiere hacer cargo ni el servicio tecnico de arreglarlo la casa comercial donde lo compre tampoco y samsung menos porque me dicen que lo tiene que arreglar el servicio tecnico si o si por la garantia