Another Galaxy S4 gets damaged when charging, owner unhurt
Here we go again. The Galaxy S4 has been involved in a new accident, this time in Pakistan where the USB port on the device was found burnt while it was on charging, the second time this has happened in the last month. The owner of the device was unhurt, and while the USB port was damaged, the USB cable remained intact other than getting a couple of burn marks at its tip.
While this isn’t as severe as someone’s entire house burning down because of Samsung’s latest flagship, it’s still a sign that the manufacturer needs to improve its quality control and match it with the amount of devices they’ve managed to sell (so does their arch-rival Apple, given the numerous cases of iPhones causing damage recently). According to the owner of the phone, the handset was newly bought, and therefore most likely running on the stock Samsung battery instead of a third-party one, which indicates an issue in the charging hardware on the Galaxy S4.
The owner has already approached Samsung about the matter, but apparently was met with resistance when it came to getting the burned handset exchanged for a new one. We’ll be keeping an ear to the ground to see what the outcome is, and would advise you to tread caution when handling your Galaxy S4.
Take a look at some more images of the damaged Galaxy S4.
Thanks, Azhar Abbas!