Posted by Faryaab S. 2 years ago

Samsung releases Jelly Bean Kernel source code for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000

fruity jelly beans

Just last week, Samsung started to roll out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 and now have even released its kernel source code (This was quick!).

The Jelly bean kernel source will allow ROM developers to improve their custom ROMs for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000.

You can download the source codes here at opensource.samsung.com GT-N7000 (Galaxy Note)

28 comments on “Samsung releases Jelly Bean Kernel source code for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000

1. igor.brasildroid 2 years ago said:

They make the same as Galaxy SII, to me this is a direct message and that means “No More Official Upgrades” for us.

=(

• veeramanink 2 years ago said:

yes. you are true
      My S2 also just die with JB 4.1.2 :(

• ivkos 2 years ago said:

They are just obliged by the GPL to release the source code for their kernels. They’ve released the source code for GB and ICS kernels, and as you know they weren’t the last upgrades.

Anyway, even though JB might be the last upgrade, I don’t really care as there’s always CyanogenMod. :)

• Andrey052 2 years ago said:

4.1.2 was released after releasing of sources in my country. And I hope there will be a version of 4.1.2 with minor fixes at least as well… There are impefections in 4.1.2 which I’d like to be fixed. The same was with 4.0.4.

2. ikundan 2 years ago said:

source code can mean, tht its the final upgrade tht samsung made to this device.. :P

3. krish_67 2 years ago said:

What does kernel source code means………..,kindly reply,thanks in advance :-)

4. martindale 2 years ago said:

So how about actually releasing the Jelly Bean update already? Like, in a few more countries, now, please?

5. yogadgetboy 2 years ago said:

Yes I agree with you Andrey052, there have always been a number of minor issues. And some have been fixed along the way.

My problems have been failing to sync Samsung account after upgrading to the first version of ICS, this was fixed in an upgrade afterwards.

The biggest problem along the way has been applications that have been moved to the external SD card (all up I have close to 300 apps on my phone). This has always been buggy with applications sometimes greyed out and you would have to reboot to get them back (sometimes multiple reboots).
    In the last version of ICS 4.0.4, it fixed must of the problems on the phone except one, the greyed out problem was fixed, but they introduced a new one. If I put any applications that were moved to the external SD card in a folder, they would be removed from the folder after a reboot (very annoying).

I am pleased to say that Jelly Bean fixes all these problems, I have had in the past, finally no greyed out applications. I have found one minor bug it has introduced and that is on the low battery notification when it drops down to 15%, it stills displays visually but there is no longer an audible warning notification. One crash which caused a reboot.

Still testing but overall very pleased with this release.

• martindale 2 years ago said:

@yogadgetboy
      which country did you upgrade in? Was it standard (Kies/OTA)?
      And has teh copy/paste bug been fixed in Jelly Bean?

• yogadgetboy 2 years ago said:

Hi martindale
        Mine is the international version of the Note and the update came from Germany. I used Kies as always, have never used OTA.
        I don’t know how you can control where the updates come from, but mine always seem to come from Germany as the are a couple of German apps included.
        I don’t know about the copy/paste bug it has always worked for me. If you give me some exact details on how you are using it, I will test it out.

• kumarraj78 2 years ago said:

Hi,

How does it matter if i install it from other region or country. i want to update my device. please guide.

Regards,

Rajesh
          India

• DonC 2 years ago said:

Hello yogadgetboy,

I have a question about: How did you find access to the `extsd’.
      I have given-up trying to get access … don’t know what App to use ….

Any help will be appreciated ..

t.i.a.,
      Don Carlson

• yogadgetboy 2 years ago said:

Hello Don Carson,
        I just use the in-built functionality of Android, if you go into Settings>Applications, you can sort the apps in Name or Size order with the menu key.
        You can then select the application and select the option to “Move to SD card” this will move it to the extSD card if you have one. You can also swipe to the “On SD card” selection and do it from there,.
        I have found 2 exceptions, some new applications automatically install to the extSD and there are a few that are not moveable. Mostly older apps or system applications. Chrome is one example, this cannot be move to extSD (and it is large). No problems with Opera or Firefox, from memory Opera Beta automatically installs to extSD.
        One more thing, it is not a good idea to move apps that you setup with widgets on your home screens, it will cause various issues.
        cheers,

6. arash-me 2 years ago said:

update is too slow for regions !! Stingy samsung! your major update for note was 2 times its second time and toooooooooooooo slow!we buy a note 2 and next year there is no update and samsung is selling note3 then note4 and no update for note 3!

7. marquenis 2 years ago said:

esto hijo de puta hacen lo que quieren samsung engañadores mentiroso habladores no me compro un note ni un telefono de estos ladrones jamas en mi vidad

8. donfezoo 2 years ago said:

anyone plz help what is the meaning and what is the use of kernel source code ????
    kindly reply

9. mcy2163 2 years ago said:

may be a stupid question but i have a UK galaxy note, can i use the Germany firmware to update? know how to do it just unsure as UK model

10. dextur 2 years ago said:

wonder if multi window is included with this source code?

• yogadgetboy 2 years ago said:

Yes, multi window is in this build. Most of the new stuff is there.
      It does not have air view. (Pen hovering over applications to give you preview information).
      Page Buddy does not have the S Pen option when removed and S Pen keeper (would be due to hardware detection).
      Quick Command is missing.
      Have not been able to get Pen switch to work (in S Note), all the other stuffs seems fine.
      Quick Glance is not implemented.

But still a great update, all the other improvements are worth it.

11. phil8715 2 years ago said:

How about actually releasing 4.1.2 officially? I know Samsung arn’t big on releasing updates, their policy is if you want the latest firmware then buy a new device.

12. ather966 2 years ago said:

I am new here and moreover very little knowledge about firmware, can I ask a sincere question that I live in Saudi Arabia (KSA) and until now Jelly Bean (4.1.2) and ICS (4.0.4)is neither available via KIES nor OTA, but UAE and other regions is already released, can I download UAE version JB 4.1.2 and upgrade my note GT-N7000 Baseband version N7000XXLPT. and will have all latest features like NoteII or anything is missing, Please Please can somebody give me their comments.

13. ronsamsungnote 2 years ago said:

Hello guys,

I also have a Samsung note i bought in Switzerland, and until now I still dont have any notifications for updates? I there something wrong with my phone? I bought it just last year and currently I am in France.
    Would really appreciate if you can help me out with this and will be happy to have the Jelly Bean update.

Ron

• yogadgetboy 2 years ago said:

Hi Ron,
      I really don’t know how you can control where the updates come from, it appears to be something to do with the original phone and where it came from. If you have the International version you will have a better chance of getting the update quickly.

Samsung are already talking about restricting this (sometime in the future) to the country you reside in, this will not impress me one little bit, as I would probably be the last to get them.

If the phone was purchased through a Network provider , then you will have to wait for that provider to release the update for your phone.
      How are you trying to update your phone, through Kies or OTA? I got my update through Kies, nothing was showing up through OTA.
      cheers,

14. xiongxiaoli 2 years ago said:

My phone is facing serious screen flicker problem after updated to android 4.1.2 version. > < !!
    Someone can help me how to fix it??

15. sevde 2 years ago said:

When will France get jelly bean update for n7000?? I bought it from France but there is no jelly bean update. :(

16. manish suri 2 years ago said:

HOW TO UPDATE MY INDIA VARTION

17. piterchk62 2 years ago said:

Hello Hello, Samsung ‘s first Android 4.4 for note 1 Made Ready?