Samsung start Galaxy S III Jelly Bean updates in Korea

Last week we reported about the upcoming Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S III in Korea.
Today it is October 9 and Samsung just started to update the Korean Galaxy S III devices to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
You can update your Korean Galaxy S III device by using Samsung KIES or OTA.
The following Galaxy S III devices are able to update: SHW-M440S, SHV-E210S, SHV-E210K and SHV-210L.
Since this is the first Korean update the global release of Android 4.1.1 for the Galaxy S III must be really close now.
Samsung tested the first Jelly Bean update in Poland. But decided to push back the Jelly Bean update and to fix some major problems.

What will Samsung change in this update…

1.Platform upgrade Android 4.0 ICS -> Android 4.1 JB
- Improved performance when moves home screen to application, application to home screen
- Improved usability for some application

2.Add preload application
- Add Help application

3.New & Improved function
- Add Easy mode, Interception mode
- Improved Camera ability : add Pause function when you record video and ect
- Add Smart Rotation
- Upgrade Pop up Play : Can control its size and add pause function
- Improved usability for some application & function

source

Firmware news 25

SamuelRyberg
2 years 10 months ago

Yeah, it is not proper reporting. If they state, as a fact:

“You can update your Korean Galaxy S III device by using Samsung KIES or OTA.
The following Galaxy S III devices are able to update: SHW-M440S, SHV-E210S, SHV-E210K and SHV-210L.”

I should be able to, correct? Well, I live in South Korea, and have a stock SHV-E210S. Still no update via KIES or OTA, and we are a week past-due. Not a single person has even posted a dump or anything so I assume it hasn’t dropped ANYWHERE in SK on any LTE device.

umeshrajput2305
2 years 10 months ago

When Means When When When is the update coming to India Why it’s taking so much time

aeonlive
2 years 10 months ago

This article says that Jelly is available for the Galaxy 3 in Korea. Actually, its only available for the 3G version. The LTE version has not been updated yet.

Last week, the LTE version got updated to VoLTE, so they are probably working on a Jelly that will accommodate this feature.

mk1980
2 years 10 months ago

all problems mentioned to JB polish is true, it`s sometimes also laggy in menus and contacts, it`s confusing but I feel manytimes like using Galaxy S Plus not S3 , S plus has been my old phone. I am shure Samsung will fix all things up , they wanted to be first and problems with software is the price. We`re too pushing to them. I`m confused why this update in Slovakia not in Poland and Czech republic has been offered with Poland together when with small testing they should seen themselves is not still finished, we`re not testing laboratories but users, I don`t care if JB came out perfect in January , but I expect perfect updated JB for S3 which will improve and add new functions. Samsung thanks for understanding and solving this mess with S3 Central Europe Jelly Bean release.

ting04
2 years 10 months ago

@adesirello: get the hell off those Steroids and settle down! What the hell is wrong with some of you people? The XDLIB ROM is running perfectly for several users, but still has issues for others. Why the need to insult?? I strongly think that some of you are far better off with iPhones…

adesirello
2 years 10 months ago

Polish JB it’s really almost perfect? WTF!!!
IS NOT PERFECT!
noob!

dyvyak
2 years 10 months ago

I was using Polish JB and it’s really almost perfect, but stil there are lags in menu, contacts and several others bugs. Guys just wait a little bit more to get your JB stable and perfect. I had to return to ICS after two weeks of using Polish JB.

jortlaban
2 years 10 months ago

@descargaasaco… if you would have read my post, you would have seen that I said the issues are unnoticable to most…
One of the biggest issues is that the phone won’t load properly (or even drain) when plugged in the official Samsung Dock… if you don’t own or use the dock, there is no issue for you, but that doesn’t mean the issue isn’t there.

So I think you should actually read what people say and think about them before you start telling them to STFU!

WilliamHAV
2 years 10 months ago

I have the South African version and have upgraded to the Polish JB version with no noticeable issues (it works quite well). Had a few issues with voice on Google now but sorted that out quickly. I then upgraded my tab 2 10.1 to the beta version (German) and it works better than ever, no more lags and shutter. Noticed on the Tab version that there is an icon under settings for Google cloud.

MeGaBeSuNTa
2 years 10 months ago

All Day i hear people complaining about Samsung Firmware Policies updates and i really dont get it.
Have you ever had and HTC. Did you know that they release the inicial firmware that comes with the phone and then they make and update and you never ever heard about an update cause they simply doesnt exist.
Im Using the Polish firmware in a Portuguese phone and i didnt noticed any bug, its pretty perfect but if is going to be even better then i will wait paciently for it.

gen77
2 years 10 months ago

if there is problem, why still launch JB in their own country: Korea?

ting04
2 years 10 months ago

@descargaasaco: Damn dude, take a chill pill!!! He said the polish ROM is “Pretty perfect” meaning close to it! I am using it and notice no problems. I also think that people should learn to be more patient. The only official word from Samsung regarding JB Update for the S3 was “October”, so they are right on time so far. No other Manufacturer is doing it quicker. If some people are so hard up on immediate updates, then by all means move to a Nexus, but for god’s sake STOP WHINING!!!!!

RonaldM
2 years 10 months ago

Sorry to hear they used Poland as a guinea pig, but it will make our version almost perfect :-)
I would like to hear from Korean users when they received the update via KIES.

descargaasaco

jortlaban stfu.
You say the polish rom is perfect and then you recognize it has some big issues.
You should clear your mind first before calling other kids.

ligu
2 years 10 months ago

I can’t wait to have the official firmware, but I will rather wait if that mean I will get a better one.

gearry1982
2 years 10 months ago

The Galaxy s3 will be my last Samsung phone…If Samsung cant update in a timely way…Im going to the Nexus brand

jortlaban
2 years 10 months ago

PLEASE… to all you impatient people (read: KIDS) out there… just wait… Samsung wants a stable release. Or would you rather have a phone that has unstable software, but you can still say you have JB??? if you do, just download the Polish ROM or any of de XXDLI ROMS from this site.
The Polish ROM is pretty perfect, so just take that one.
It has some big issues, but most people won’t even notice them.

DannyD
5152

SHV-E210S

5152

Just checked – no updates (((

sam10102539
2 years 10 months ago

Other Devices Update IS VERY SILENT.

sam10102539
2 years 10 months ago

@DannyD –> When JB For GalaxyS2 Come Out ???

tobely2000

any idea what about the new gallery app such note 2

thunderace
2 years 10 months ago

Nexus doesn’t have SD card slot…

androidGOOGLE
2 years 10 months ago

If Note 2 has JB, why haven’t Samsung “flagship” phone have JB already in all markets? Next year I will probably get Nexus branded phone. After owning S1, S2 and now S3 it is time to get Nexus.