Exclusive: SamMobile confirms Gear Manager for iOS, plus new Cross Ballpoint C-Pen stylus

With the Gear S2, Samsung opened up its smartwatch platform to all Android smartphones, and we have been hearing ever since that the Korean giant could also bring support for its smartwatches to iOS. Well, we now have confirmation that Samsung is working on a Gear Manager app for iOS, something we have learned from one of our insiders.

There’s not much to say on the matter; Gear Manager for iOS means iPhone owners will be able to use one of the most beautiful smartwatches in the market. It remains to be seen when iOS support will officially arrive, though Samsung will no doubt be trying to hurry up development as much as it can, since the Apple Watch will not be waiting around and courting a lot of iPhone owners over the months to come.

We have also learned that Samsung is working on a new Cross Ballpoint C-Pen stylus (Pen-2016 Universal Pen (BT C Pen) – EJ-UW700.) This isn’t a product that’s very well-known – it’s basically a stylus that works with all touchscreen devices, and also doubles up as a regular ballpoint pen for, you know, writing on paper. The new C-Pen seems to have Bluetooth support according to its codename, and it could launch with the second-generation Galaxy Tab E that we exclusively reported about.

General 9

JakobMRL
9 months 2 days ago

I’m still waiting for the gear s2 to be compatible with iOS devices. Has samsung yet confirmed that there will be a gear manager app for iOS?

wavycroc
9 months 28 days ago

this is why i have been on the fence with buying the gear s2, not only does it lack a speaker, but TIZEN is crippled

kronicle
9 months 27 days ago

Tizen is crippled? ahahaha…. You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about and I’ll bet you haven’t even ever….. used it! Tizen is owned by Linux Foundation…. not Samsung and it’s the most Open Standards compliant OS ever!

No speaker on standard Gear S2, but to get the Cellular Data enabled version (which is the only big name Smartwatch you can buy that has it and is sold by carriers on contract even) does indeed have a speaker. AND…. since when can’t you just use a BlueTooth headset/earphone with it???? What you’d rather make calls and listen to music on a your Apple watch to show off it’s cheap speaker???? lol…..

Get real….. you won’t ever buy a Gear S2 because it’s too good for you! haha….. :D

nkolsen
9 months 28 days ago

Who cares. There still no apps, and there never will be. I love the tizen system, I love the looks of the gear s2. But no support from devs is a no go from be. Thank God I got AW on my Gear 2.

9 months 28 days ago

What kind of apps do you miss?

nkolsen
9 months 28 days ago

Facebook, instagram, proper google maps integration. And I can now see that developers in my country have just now realised that there are wearables. So their attention priority will be Apple watch -> android wear -> Probably not tizen……And then there’s samsung way of doing things. Locking all their stuff to their own services. I like s health, but it only syncs with useless stuff. I want it to sync endomondo, myfitnesspal etc….I want the entire package of health data, but I can’t get it unless I only use health. I’m sorry, but the sales numbers of the apple watch shows that you need apps and lots of them if you wanna succeed.

Wilksie
9 months 28 days ago

Well I had the Gear 1 and now the S2.

I think it needs a few more useful apps. WhatsApp that is native as well as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Apps that deliver rich notifications are the way forward. S Voice needs improvement too as I can’t even set a reminder on the watch so find myself picking up my phone and using Google Now as a task isn’t supported.

As Facebook have native Tizen apps for most of the above then hopefully they could make them available.

I think the shift to iOS will be anotified amazingly good thing. It will help the creation of apps for the Gear S2 so we’ll get more useful apps coming.