Rumor: Samsung may re-introduce the microSD card slot with the Galaxy S7

Samsung received a lot of backlash from long-term fans over its decision to remove the microSD card slot in the company’s high-end smartphones released this year. Now, there’s a rumor claiming that Samsung might be mending its ways with its upcoming high-end smartphone.

According to the folks over at HDBlog.it, Samsung will release two devices, the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge, early next year. It is rumored that the Galaxy S7 will feature a 5.2-inch flat display and the Galaxy S7 edge will feature a 5.7-inch curved edge display. However, it seems that the S7 display will be curved on the top and the bottom.

More importantly, the blog states that Samsung might bring back the microSD card slot with these smartphones. This is similar to what we mentioned about the possibility of a microSD card slot in the Galaxy S7 in our exclusive story. If you are one of those who opposed the removal of microSD slot and a removable battery, would you be interested in the Galaxy S7 if this turns out to be true?

Via

Phones 39

nattyboy
7 months 29 days ago

OH… now Samsung has woken up to the reality by bringing back the sd card slot. they only spoilt the last flagships by removing sd card.

can even forego the non removable battery but for sd card, no way.

above all, Samsung is still my best phone, though was planning to switch now that they have decided to remove sd card like apple… but thank God for them they have realized their mistakes.

alastairgreen_Nexus
7 months 23 days ago

But SD-Card is slow and sometimes unreliable, even on Class 10 when i’ve stored some files and apps on my 32 GB SD-Card it suddenly corrupts itself after two years even though i did not make any modifications on the SD-Card, so Samsung should introduce a new technology that is fast and reliable henceforth it should be named as Removable UFS

alastairgreen_Nexus
7 months 19 days ago

I’mean it’s 32 GB

dj palmis
7 months 23 days ago

If you buy chip sd card this is what happens to You.
I have ABSOLUTELY no problem on performance or reliability.
I know people who use 5 years old, 8GB, SD cards in their brand new Note 4.
So, not Samsung fault if people are so stupid.
I always buy Samsung PRO microSD.
Anyway: We will see if with new CEO Samsung will stop to follow the cracy Apple style..

And BTW: I can NOT forego not-remouvable battery!
Embedded battery = Planned obsolescence!!!
Please OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

alastairgreen_Nexus
7 months 19 days ago

I also don’t care about removable batteries as long as i can enjoy rooting, XDA and removable storage and that’s why i don’t care if my Galaxy S6 edge+,Nexus 5, 6 and 6P did not have an SD Card Slot while my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, S5, Note 2,3 and 4 did have one

dj palmis
7 months 19 days ago

I don’t care if You like to buy a thing that will be unusefull when battery life will be about 2 hours.
I am FREE to change my battery..

alastairgreen_Nexus
7 months 17 days ago

But Greenify and Root is excellent, even though i will wait for my warranty to expire, before i will root my Samsung devices

alastairgreen_Nexus
7 months 19 days ago

No, it’s a SanDisk Class 10 64 GB it cost me AU$69.00 and the corruption occurred when i restarted my S5(SM-G900F) and the phone said”Damaged SD Card, SD Card is damaged. Try reformatting it” and that’s why i’ve suggested a new removable technology like Removable UFS

dj palmis
7 months 19 days ago

I had problems with Sandisk micro sd card about 10 years ago.. now I repeat, i suggest to use samsung cards.
Btw.. 69AU$? WAS IT MADE BY GOLD?
oh, come’on!

alastairgreen_Nexus
7 months 17 days ago

No, but it’s ripping me off but it’s true

alastairgreen_Nexus
7 months 15 days ago

As most of electronics and gatdgets here in Australia are overpriced

Issyman
7 months 29 days ago

SD Card yes! Removable battery not really a problem for me. Had no problems with my Note 4, so don’t know. Would like to Sammy bring back them though.

alastairgreen_Nexus
7 months 29 days ago

Samsung should set a new trend by creating a new removable storage that is faster than SD Card and its the Removable UFS as i want to see a new trend from Samsung just like they introduced 3 GB RAM on the Note 3 and 4 GB RAM on the Note 5

dj palmis
7 months 29 days ago

I don’t GaF about SD Card. I WANT REMOVABLE BATTERY!
I don’t want to change phone because of battery poor performance after six months.

VIRGIN KLM
8 months 3 hours ago

We heard the same for S6, we heard the same for Note 5… When will that rumor mill stop? There’s definitely a Samsung executive creating those rumors mixing them up with some real info so they build up excitement and gain pre-orders, until the last moment that they will go like “oh, oops, my bad, you know, there’s no sd card”. That’ idiotic.

enco300
8 months 14 hours ago

I have 35 phones on my account. I am content just buying Note 4′s on eBay until we at lest get the SD card slot back. I used to buy all new Samsung phones every year. I stopped buying Samsung phones when the S6 came out. I will try an S7 if it has the sd slot and good battery life but I would replace all 35 phones if there was a new Note with SD slot, Removable Battery, and somewhat water proof. If I wanted an iPhone I would buy one. I want the SD slot, Removable Battery, and somewhat waterproof.

melvarius
8 months 14 hours ago

so it’s nearly a year since the s5 got lollipop. Yeah nice one. a year later still on 5.0, granted in some cases there have been several updates and 5.1.1 is slowly arriving but jeeze could ya be any slower?
I would not upgrade to the s6. nice as it is, the lack of sd storage and a removable battery, coupled with the crap support for the s5, just turned me off of getting any new samsung devices.

It’ll take more than the return of the sd card slot to bring me back to the s7.

i’d rather visit a bordello, there i can have a similar ‘Samsung’ experience at a fraction of the price and still have a smile on my face afterwards.

tpkrastev
8 months 16 hours ago

Yes SD slot and a removable battery!

Leonitis
8 months 16 hours ago

I would buy the S7,if it’s with micro sd and removable battery, or i will just keep my S5 for a bit longer,i was waiting for the Note 5,but 2015 was a bad year for Samsung imo,not long now till we start to get more rumors, even with the pinch of salt and i like my S5 total memory of 75 Gb (16 + 64),we’ll just have to wait until February to see what they bring, I am hoping for similar features as my S5,that’s my two cents for today………
÷) ;=)

cigiel
8 months 17 hours ago

Water and dust resistance are another important things. My current device S5 possess it and I will newer buy new phone which can be damaged by drop off water.

TomMiken
8 months 18 hours ago

Removable battery is much less important for me than an SD slot! Finally I won’t need to pay the premium for a 64GB model.
An enhanced S6 with a better camera, better CPU and an SD slot = S7…That would be a perfect phone for me to return from my affair with LG.

TheTAMAS
8 months 21 hours ago

I’d eagerly await Note 6.. :-D

rodrigodetoni
8 months 21 hours ago

It’s so easy to do it.. just like Moto Style.. is possible to include dual chip.. come on Sammy..

ThaiM
8 months 22 hours ago

Currently looking to buy a used Note 4 or will get the LG V10 if it ever makes it to Canada. It’ll be a few years yet before I buy a newly released Samsung “flagship”. Too much disappointment in waiting for the Note 5 for so long only to see it was a downgrade.

gilahacker
8 months 22 hours ago

Too late. Since Samsung ditched removable batteries and MicroSD card slots there was no benefit to staying with their phones and I got a Nexus instead. I’m done with Samsung for now.

Dmitry P
8 months 23 hours ago

Unless the battery is removable I’m not interested.

ae79
8 months 1 day ago

I like Samsung and especially their screen. I and many others will continue to buy Samsung’s mobile phone if they LISTEN carefully to what buyers WANT. We still want SD cards and replaceable battery. We also want better update the OS. I like Strong to use NEW technologies in their handsets.

Cymon
8 months 1 day ago

I also didn’t get the S6 because of the lack of a SD slot. It was because of the piss poor support and lack of updates for my S5 I decided to buy a Nexus 6P. I do like Samsung Phones and actually don’t mind Touchwiz! Samsung should just focus on releasing and supporting a couple of flagship phones each year.

xhustler
8 months 1 day ago

I know the article should be taken with a pinch of salt but ..

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

masterross
8 months 1 day ago

Really Sammy?
Why is that?
Is it because you ruin your hard work with this joke – Note 5?
Or maybe because you lost about 40% of current Note users?

ijazali
8 months 1 day ago

They should start their devices with 64GB and avoid 32GB, I mean im ok with 32GB but 64 GB start will be great, also besides headphones and chargers they shuould include some extra accessories in the box, if they are demanding such high price

Djean
8 months 1 day ago

I didn’t buy the S6 just because it didn’t have the micro sd slot, and because my S5 was still young, but I’m on the line to get the S7 if it the rumors turns out to be true, after all two years is already a good time to get a new phone, right? If the rumors turns out to be false, so, this time I might start checking other possibilities in the market.

ph00ny
8 months 1 day ago

You can partially blame google for this. Year after years of push towards cloud storage over external storage then the Marshmallow rolled out with an actual real support for external sd card

colliderz
8 months 1 day ago

They better or this phone will be avoided by thousands of Android users.

utontissimo