T-Mobile just started updating the Galaxy S5 to Android 5.1.1

T-Mobile might just be on the way to becoming the favorite carrier for those rocking a Samsung flagship. The carrier was the first to update the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge to Android 5.1.1, and it has now started rolling out the latest version of Android for the Galaxy S5. That’s right – Galaxy S5 users on T-Mobile just scored Android 5.1.1 before most Galaxy S6 and S6 edge owners around the world.

We’re not sure what changes are included in the update, but you can expect to see performance improvements, support for RAW and lower ISO values if you’re using a third-party camera app that makes use of Lollipop’s camera API, and a slew of bug fixes. The update should be rolling out over the air later today and over the coming days, and you can also download the full firmware from our firmware section or update through Samsung Kies.

Have you received the Android 5.1.1 update on your Galaxy S5? Let us know in the comments!

Firmware Details:

Please let Android 5.1.1 for S5 SM-G900F

bharatsingh
10 months 6 days ago

yes we want a new s6 firmware tochwiz on s5 all variants

derkyflick
10 months 18 days ago

its getting harder for us to stay loyal to touchwiz if they keep treating us like apple does ios. this is soo boring. Am almost tired of my S5. Step it up sam. We deserve tha cleaned up touchwiz UI too

lukaskt
10 months 18 days ago

The best comment of all Times, Im totally agree.

riceandbeans
10 months 23 days ago

This Update is not good. The phone is noticeably much more laggy . Apps take too long to open and often times they force close. this even after reflashing with odin and a factory reset. Often times when the phone rings the screen is unresponsive and I am unable to answer it.This new firmware version also can’t be rooted as of yet. lastly MHL is broken on this one. Previously all that I had to do for mhl was to plug the phone into the mhl adaptor which is plugged into a monitor or a tv. now to get mhl working I have to un plug the monitor or tv before I attach the phone otherwise I get constant reboots. also if I attach a charger to the mhl adaptor it must be a 300 mah charger . any thing over that will also cause the boot loops.

Pradeep Kumara
10 months 25 days ago

when s5 duos will get android 5.1.1????????????

lopezr86
11 months 3 days ago

Hey everyone,
5.0 for my T-Mobile S5 was working well for me except for the wifi-calling. Now on 5.1, my phone is very hot, battery draining extremely fast and STILL no wifi-calling fixed. IF SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT CAN I DO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks!

iranabst
11 months 3 days ago

Hey guys ,
when 5.1.1 will be available for G900H ?

Blackwolf9
11 months 3 days ago

I’ve got an S5(SM-G900I) After i updated it to lollipop my S5 got worst then ever it can B!!! Battery draining camers not working … and still no any updates…. when will this S#!T be fixed…

behar
11 months 3 days ago

Yesterday I installed 5.1.1 . And I have a problem to install kids mode, “Alert
Currently unable to download
Plese try again later”
Does anyone else have this problem?
Plese hellp!!!

lukaskt
11 months 3 days ago

5.1.1 No themes support, no guess mode? Damn it Samsung

alexcalzadac
11 months 4 days ago

You can remove s finder and quick connect?

john___007
11 months 4 days ago

IT´S A SHAME, HOW A S5, RECEIVE A UPDATE BEFORE NOTE 4??? TSC… DON’T MATTER THAT THE UPDATE COME OF THE T-MOBILE… IT´S A SHAME, A BIG, AWESOME, UNBELIEVABLE SHAME SAMSUNG, I’AM VERY, VERY MUCH DISAPPOINTED WITH THAT, IT´S MY THIRTH GALAXY NOTE, AND MAYBE THE LAST……..

THAT SHAME!

ibal28
11 months 4 days ago

Any improvement in the battery life? heating problem still remains?

ADub212
11 months 4 days ago

I’ve had the update for a little under 12 hours and as of right now, it seems to me that the overheating issue has been resolved. I haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary since and my device was turning into the core of a small star at the slightest provocation, so I’m taking this as a win.

The battery issues, on the other hand, I’m not so sure about. Perhaps I’m remembering my pre-Lollipop S5 through Rose-tinted glasses, but I unplugged my phone from the charger at 6:20 AM. It is now 8:00 AM and I am down to 89% battery life after fairly standard use. I know before 5.0 decided to come and destroy my little phone world I could have my phone on me from 9:00-6:00 PM with the blutooth and wifi on and not need to charge it until I got home. I’m not saying that the phone wasn’t almost dead by the end of that span, but I’m saying I COULD do it if I forgot my charger.

It’s only an hour and a half into the day and I’m already down 10%. I don’t think it has the same length of battery life. But on the other hand, my phone is now two months older, so you be the judge.

I’m glad they attempted to do something, but I’m disappointed that another 700 MB of my phone’s storage don’t appear to have come with much to show for it.

alexcalzadac
11 months 4 days ago

you can remove s finder and quick connect?

ADub212
11 months 4 days ago

I forgot to mention, but in that same span of time, before 5.1, my phone would be down to about 80% battery, so there’s definitely a significant improvement on the battery life, I just don’t know if it’s back up to what it was.

webergti
11 months 4 days ago

No no S6 Laauncher no new fwatures but one and phone dialer has guide lines now no theme support or raw camerra app stay the same along with the rest of the apps.

Beginning June 22, the Samsung Galaxy S 5 will have a software update to Android version 5.1.1/ Baseband G900TUVU1FOF6 via Wi-Fi, Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch for PC. This update provides new features.
New features
Anti-theft
Improvements
Various bug fixes and device improvements

iHuszak
11 months 4 days ago

Would it be a problem if I install the update via Odin in my G900F? Is a problem installing 5.1.1 G900T for my G900F? Please help me!

webergti
11 months 4 days ago

I dont think you can do this officially due to some features the T-Mobile USA has the international Ver dont like gogo,wifi-calling,Volte and others but they share the same internals but you can try if it does not boot in like 20 minutes or you can get service or data after you set you apn you can flash it back to you country csc firmware but do it under you own risk and let me know if it works also before you flash 5.1 1 T-MO Firmware do a factory reset and if you have to flash back to what ever you have now do a factory reset before you flash back

Andry22
11 months 4 days ago

Where the f**k is the update for the S5 Mini?

azzzgr
11 months 4 days ago

1. Is there guest mode included in the update.
2. Raw camera support.
3. Themes.
4. Ui changes.
Pls let us know

flatronics
11 months 4 days ago

My poor Note 4…. tsk tsk.

jrich2410

So I just finished my upgrade to 5.1.1 on my Galaxy S5 and here’s the skinny:

1. Quick dialer button in the Phone App?
“Yes, you now can swipe right on a contact to call, or swipe left to send a text message. Also, the layout of the dialer on the phone app is now include gridlines and doesn’t have the rounded buttons that were used in the 5.0 release”

2. Screen grid settings?
“Grid settings are pretty much the same. no changes that I can see. ”

3. Themes?
“I don’t see any new themes other than the ones that came when i originally bough my phone. Seems like most.”

Overall, I would say the update if more for performance and functionality than for looks. I’m loving the new swipe feature and will definitely start putting that to use. I will say i’m not sure what other changes they made to this release, but i’m sure i’ll find something.

azzzgr
11 months 4 days ago

1. Is there guest mode included in the update.
2. Raw camera support.
3. Themes.
4. Ui changes.
Pls let us know

sommesepino
11 months 4 days ago

nothing about new API 2 camera? could you try app as camera fv 5 or manual camera please? thanks

mangala88
11 months 4 days ago

im waiting downloading ,,,and when install i say whats new

kataliiin

tell us what’s new :D

omegajb
11 months 5 days ago

Man I could have used this info yesterday! My S5 was draining the battery very quickly and I finally got around to doing a hard reset/restore.
This might have saved me a lot of time.

kipele
11 months 5 days ago

And it seems a common problem bcoz many people complaining about this and no any help from developer!! Now my phone get hot as if it is a rice cooker

kipele
11 months 5 days ago

Any one can help me!! I have updated my s5 in 5.0 rollipop now proximty sensor not function and my phone keep on freezing!! … i real need help.. before update my phone was very good withough any problem

linogiove
11 months 5 days ago

Lollipop Samsung Note 3 Neo Duos N7502 !!
Samsung is the time to be a professional company! By just satisfaction to all owners of this smartphone which like me giving you (economically) the opportunity to develop professionally !!!!!!!!!.

linogiove
11 months 5 days ago

Lollipop Samsung Note 3 Neo Duos N7502 !!
Samsung is the time to take the company seriously and to give just satisfaction to all users like me that I cost the opportunity to grow professionally !!!!!!!!!.