Galaxy S6 Active could feature microSD card slot

There’s no denying that the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge have put Samsung back in the limelight again, with many former critics pronouncing the Android OEM’s success in the smartphone market once more. At the same time, however, there are some long-time Samsung faithful who are disappointed with the new devices: both sacrifice cherished features for a sexy body and frame in an effort to appease hardware-hungry consumers and tech enthusiasts.

We’ve gotten our hands on some new evidence that seems to indicate Samsung still cares about its old-school customers who’ve never abandoned the company (even in its “plastic is fantastic” days). Reddit member garshol met with a Samsung representative earlier this week to find out about what to expect from the Galaxy S6 Active. Garshol states he was told by the rep that the Galaxy S6 Active will feature specs that are “similar to the S6” but “no fingerprint reader and pulse reader.” As for the differences, we could see a “less good camera, may come with OIS,” “buttons on the front,” and, surprisingly, an “SD card reader.”

Interestingly enough, the discussion also mentions why Samsung decided to drop the water resistance, removable battery, and microSD card slot in the first place. Those details are worth reading at the link below.

Via | Source

Phones 9

umut31
1 year 2 months ago

Bir daha tövbe hiçbir samsung ürünü almiyacagim

umut31
1 year 2 months ago

saMsung zamsung Türkiye note4 n910cg ya neden lolipop vermiyorsun birde 64BİT CPU yu neden aktif etmiyorsun Allah seni bildiği gibi yapsın haram olsun verdiğimiz paralar bir daha hiçbir samsung ürünü alıcam yazıklar olsun sana ayıp çok ayıp 64bit cpu yu aktif et

kronicle
1 year 3 months ago

This is nothing but some wild speculation. Since Active will be and enhanced model of the same internals….. like it alwasy is. It’s simply not worth it to re-engineer the hardware, just to add something that’s dead. Granted there will be other models with out more expensive UFS 2.0 memory, but by including slow insecure SD slots, you cripple the efficiency of their 3 x faster memory drives!

They will most definitely not include swappable batteries. Because they might as well go back to plastic designed S6 with those features on Active!

Which might be the case here if they gauge that buyers aren’t going for a metal Active. But I’m inclined to believe Mega could still be plastic. Although that would be contrary to Lee Kun-hee’s original demand last year before heart problems to, “Throw Everything Out…. Except your Wife and Children” Project Zero!!!

j2001m
1 year 3 months ago

On a small note all phones with sd card readers in them have very slow w and r speeds, and I mean without the sd card in the phone
I.e. On all tests before the s6 the iPhone 6 is 1st and then you got 1+1 all with cheap memory and then a big gap and then you get the note 4, no joke, on. As all note the s6 is 2.7x faster than the iphones and way more then the note 4, the sd card reader damages the bandwidth of the memory controler for r and w speeds before you enter the sd card, then that crap up your phone even more

j2001m
1 year 3 months ago

It will. Or have ufs if it’s got sd card, I tell you that right now and when they say not as good cam they mean will not have the 1.9 lens that all, it will have a better cam then the s5

gabrielmarcinha1220
1 year 3 months ago

9515L lollipop ?

Djean
1 year 3 months ago

What I meant was, my S5 is water resistant, the camera is good, it has the fingerprint sensor. The S6 won’t have a fingerprint sensor, the camera won’t be as good, the design is not that great, so, I believe it wouldn’t be that much of an upgrade for me. But that’s just my feeling

Chyckyn
1 year 3 months ago

Your KEYWORD is SEEMS. You don’t, the S5 Active has the exact specs of the S5 snapdragon variant with the exception of the fingerprint sensor/ home button, it’s not like what they did in specs for the S4 Active. Having owned both I can say I prefer my cammo green ACTIVE

Djean
1 year 3 months ago

It seems that I already have the S5 with better specifications.
This active one seems like a worst than S5, so, I’ll keep mine.
And when Samsung decides to have sd card in a flagship, I’ll be glad to buy it, but this S6 active or any S6 for that matter(even though they are stylish), no thanks.

Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* X