Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) getting Android Lollipop update in England

Samsung is rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop updates to a lot of its devices, at least the premium ones, including variants of the Galaxy S5, the Galaxy S4, the Galaxy Note 4, and the Galaxy Note 3. As you all might know, last week we saw the Galaxy S4 Black Edition getting the Lollipop update, and now it is time for the Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505), as the update is being rolled out in England. So, if you have the Galaxy S4 LTE, you can update it to the latest version of Android through Kies. You can also manually download the entire firmware from our firmware section.

Don’t forget to mention about the performance of the device, any difficulties or bugs in the software in the comments section below, so that others could know how their device would perform after this update.

Firmware Details:

Model GT-I9505
Model name GALAXY S4 LTE
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 5.0.1
Changelist 3996895
Build date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:44:46 +0000
Product code BTU
PDA I9505XXUHOB7
CSC I9505BTUHOB4

Firmware news 229

ariesjay
9 days 8 hours ago

I’m from the philippines and my s4 i9505 got update and lollipop version got many bugs.. can’t run wifi, bluetooth, hotspot, and softkey..
My question is what best firmware I used?? I want Kitkat version… F**k*ng lollipop….
pls answer me.. thankyou!! :)

rahmat naroui
1 month 4 days ago

After the update to Android 5.0.1 GPS app and GPS does not find any satellite having problems with signal reception Please find a solution to this problem.

Kyaw Swar Win
8 months 12 days ago

I need lollipop for GT-I9505

christophercloma
11 months 6 days ago

I need Android Lolipop for I9505XXUGNH8..

rootme2014
1 year 9 days ago

I need Android Lolipop for I9505XXUGNH8.. Any idea where i can get it ??

naveed689224
1 year 14 days ago

hi dear …….. any dear help me i am from Pakistan i have update lollipo 5.0.1 on my mobile Samsung galaxy gt-i9505 . and me facing some error some time me dialing the number call was runing but my voice did go the other party and his voice did not come to my side .when me redial the phone will work very will. this problem will create many time in a day plz any dear sir help me
regard

killere
1 year 23 days ago

Will somebody help me . Pls ans my question guys. Hope u could help me

GalaxyUser0001
1 year 24 days ago

So, there is no simple way to revert to an older system update? I really don’t like the new interface (and sudden error notifications on installed apps, every 5 minutes). For a starter: I’m not a digital marvel, I use the phone to well.. phone and send messages to family and friends via various apps. The new interface is something I could get used to, major bugger: I used to get an app-logo the second I got a message in the top bar BEFORE logging in (just a screentap to turn on nothing more), now I have to log in first to see if there are new notifications. Question: will re-installing apps remove all the error messages? (Hotmail app is the worst, every half hour a notification that it doesn’t work.. ok nice thanks, now go away. Nope! Here you have the same error message again. And again. And again.)

killere
1 year 24 days ago

The model is gt-i9500

killere
1 year 25 days ago

Guys need help. Actually i downloaded a 5.0.1 lolipop version (russian) Can it be fully working in the philippines. Pls help me. Need advce b4 i chane it into a new firmware

kbunnyjoel
1 year 26 days ago

When will they release lollipop to Three(3) carrier in UK??

3marlon24

Kababayan patulong naman.
My I9505 originally came from UK carrier O2.. Binigay ng tito ko sakin pero indi pa sya openline. May way ba kayo para maopenline ko si S4? The unit was already in its lollipop version.. Sana matulungan nyo ko mga kababayan..

qwerty1976
1 year 1 month ago

Anyone tested Air Gesture feature after the update? Mine not working.

christophercloma
1 year 1 month ago

Garret9090, pahingi naman ng link ng odin at saka un latest firmware. salamat ng marami

Nuhammad Ali
1 year 1 month ago

Hey guys PLease let me know this firmware works in all Countries, i mean after flash this dirmware no country code required

garret9090
1 year 1 month ago

Pinoy ako if you have questions pwede nyoko tanungin :)

christophercloma
1 year 1 month ago

boss garret pahingi naman ng link ng odin saka firmware

MAMAyTW
1 year 1 month ago

Desde que instale el 5.0.1 en mi i9505 version blanco no me guarda la contraseña de wifi, cada vez que enciendo mi dispositivo debo colocarle nuevamente la contraseña de mi casa

aj22sioco
1 year 1 month ago

are there any problems with this update? in this version in england

hemerson nikson
1 year 1 month ago

olá amigos, eu baixei o Lollipop via OTA zto Brasil ! (i9505ztohci)e ele é otimo, só que hoje (dia, 02/04/15) notei q estava faltando um recurso nessa ROM, a SMART SCREEN, já procurei em todo o celular e nada, sera que essa função foi retirada do novo android ???? gostaria de saber se vocês estão com esse mesmo problema ! fico no aguardo d resposta, obrigado.

forum11
1 year 2 months ago

NOT ULTRA POWER SAVE MODE!
I THING THAT NOT ANY REASON TO UPDATE IT.

FOR THAT REASON I WILL NEVER BUY SAMSUNG DEVICE.

ozan12345678
1 year 2 months ago

can i flash any firmware on my branding phone?

Tenczys
1 year 2 months ago

I’ve been using GS4 LTE with brand new 5.0.1 for a day and I must say it is snappy. Everyone that has doubs I must say that everything is working fine although I’ve noticed some hiccups but overall experience is buttery smooth. GPS works perfect. I’ve used with G Maps and Nike Running app. WiFi connection is not a problem as well cellular signal is very good. What about the battery life? I think today I’ve been testing and toggling around through menus and settings so at the end of the day with heavy use I’ve scored more than 17h without plugging the charger. Two year phone after this update feels fresh and nice. Colors and over all design are matter of taste so not everyone can like the new design but all in all I recommend everyone this upgrade.

Shocker747
1 year 1 month ago

Im glad it worked for you, unfortunately it didn’t for me. I downloaded the (I9505XXUHOB7_I9505O2UHOC2_O2U) File, then when i came to extract it, it wouldn’t. t said it was corrupted. Did you have the same problem? am i doing something wrong? pls help.

chirag09
1 year 2 months ago

I’ve Installed 5.0.1 a long ago. But i think there is a battery problem. I think Kitkat was ok.!!!! Give us a 4.4.4! Or Fix this….Kitkat was more batery life than Lolipop…..

Shocker747
1 year 1 month ago

Im glad it worked for you, unfortunately it didn’t for me. I downloaded the (I9505XXUHOB7_I9505O2UHOC2_O2U) File, But when i came to extract it, it wouldn’t. it said it was corrupted. Did you have the same problem? am i doing something wrong? pls help.

XxToMoXhdxX
1 year 2 months ago

I am locked to my carrier, can I flash the BTU Version?

englishl1989
1 year 1 month ago

Would be keen to know this too.

I am locked in to T-Mobile. Can I flash with this ROM to unlock it to any network?

olaf2k4
1 year 2 months ago

Its shit , don’t upgrade. I’m going to try to roll back.