Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus gets Lollipop, so does the Galaxy Note Edge in India

Remember the Galaxy S5 Plus? No? Well, we don’t blame you. The S5 Plus was launched as something of a cross between the original Galaxy S5 and the Quad HD display-toting Galaxy S5 LTE-A in a handful of countries, with the device featuring the same hardware as the former but with the faster Snapdragon 805 processor ticking away inside. If you thought such a one-off device would be ignored by Samsung as far as software updates are concerned, then you will be happy to know that isn’t the case.

Samsung has started updating the Galaxy S5 Plus to Android 5.0 Lollipop over in the Nordic region. The phone is actually getting Android 5.0.2 instead of Android 5.0.1 like most other Samsung smartphones that have been upgraded to Lollipop. The update carries build number G901FXXU1BOC4 and is currently rolling out over Kies (the entire firmware for the update can also be downloaded from our firmware section), and we’re sure an over-the-air version will also start making its way to the no doubt small number of people that bought the Galaxy S5 Plus.

Firmware Details:

Model SM-G901F
Model name GALAXY S5 Plus
Country Nordic countries
Version Android 5.0.2
Changelist 4385543
Build date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 12:01:24 +0000
Product code NEE
PDA G901FXXU1BOC4
CSC G901FNEE1BOC4

Talking of more popular devices, the Galaxy Note Edge has started getting the Lollipop update in India, so it’s pretty clear Samsung is slowly but steadily increasing the availability of the update to various regions for all its flagships. The Galaxy Note 4 still seems to be getting neglected, but let’s not look a gift horse in the mouth and just be glad that the Korean manufacturer is bringing so many devices to the latest version of Android at a pace it has never displayed before.

Firmware news 61

kennyrogers
6 months 3 days ago

works fine on s5 sm-g901f ..tnx..waiting marshmallows

choice2rejoice
1 year 2 months ago

I stupidly were going to update to the BOD6 for Nordic country’s and the same problem. Now I really wanna know, why this problem happens. This time I only deleted the hidden.img and that too works. But why? Why is there not enough space for an original image? That’s strange, is is not? Or is it because the partition table is different to the one in Kit Kat, so we need to tik repartition to get the correct installation?

Dreetje
1 year 3 months ago

Sorry for responding slow here.
But i asume now you are on Lollipop and everything working fine for you now?

choice2rejoice
1 year 3 months ago

Ok, I did delete the hidden and cache.img and it worked, bu after it I hated my phone. It was so f-ing slow. I was thinking, ‘why the hell they put a hidden and cache.img on your phone, for no reason??’, I don’t buy that. Yesterday I flashed the latest Singapore bocx and it worked flawless. After it, my phone was working normal again. Fast as it should be. So you know.

Dreetje
1 year 5 months ago

does it have the dutch language included?
Anyone from NL have flashed it? And if so, did you have to do the total commander trick yes or no?
Thnx already for helping me out here….

choice2rejoice
1 year 3 months ago

It has Dutch installed Dreetje, but I think you better stay with KitKat. This Lollipop is f-ing slow man. I’m running it for a while now but I don’t understand, what F is wrong with Android (or this phone). Deleting the image files is working, but than again I’m thinking “can’t that be the reason my phone is so slow?”. I did a factory reset after flashing, but it stays the same.

b1184593

What about I9305 evr

Phroster
1 year 5 months ago

I first got a fail without the PIT file.

I installed the ROM with the PIT file, but without using total commander to remove hidden.img and cache.img.

After booting twice my phone now runs 5.0.2

Phroster
1 year 5 months ago

It seems with the PIT file it worked, but you lose all data on internal memory.
So backup or use the other method.

nobodytrue

Now working on EE UK 901f

It’s a beast. 52000+ on benchmark. Kicking note 4s arse

Abhijit18
1 year 5 months ago

Sammobile, when will Indian version of Note 4 get lollipop update? why is getting delayed when most of its predecessors getting updates

chossen123
1 year 5 months ago

I have already mentioned but you people ignore means then what to help? anyways again for the people who are crying:
1. Download total commander
2. Extract the zip file
3. Open the extracted file via total commander and delete the files hidden.img and cache.img
4. close the total commander and cpme back to the file location you saved. delete the file extension tht is .md5 leave the file only with .tar
5. put the edited file in odin in AP
6. Dont wait just press start and be patient for sometime till odin finishes it work.
everything should work finally.
Thats it.

Is this really working??? please help

chossen123
1 year 5 months ago

it worked LIKE A CHARM!!!! DO AS HE SAID!!!!

Peeyush
1 year 5 months ago

Someone who has updated to lollipop can you please tell me if there are themes now available for note edge or galaxy s5

faisalrm3

Nordic countries (NEE) SM-G901F GALAXY S5 Plus 5.0.2 G901FXXU1BOC4 @vioman
but problem is a Predictive text feature is not work…
keyboard predictive test line is dark color thats it….
how to i fixed….. @ vioman help me…

faisalrm3

Please help me
What can I do..??…

faisalrm3
1 year 5 months ago

Error Is A Modam File Flashing Time Fail thats it….!!!…

camui.alexandru
1 year 5 months ago

Just read on the top posts.

faisalrm3

please help me
im trying to flash it
but its not success fully ending
what can i do…??.. :( :(

faisalrm3

Nordic countries (NEE) SM-G901F GALAXY S5 Plus 5.0.2 G901FXXU1BOC4
This Update Is Not Working
My samsung galaxy s5 plus G901F flash time modam file error
what can i do my cell phone is not working just displayed it connect to kies and all…..
tooo much disappointed me samsung … hhhmmm ….:(

katharsiss
1 year 5 months ago

I’ve just updated (flashed) my SM-G901f via Odin. Android Lollipop is wonderful!
PS. Be careful with security options, don’t flash before you remember your Samsung ID :D

ruzul
1 year 5 months ago

Love you samsung love you lots

viomen
1 year 5 months ago

Finally my last comment in this post please dont use PIT unless you know “wht r u dng” follow my instructions which i have posted already. cent percent your knox will not be tripped also.
Cheers.

viomen
1 year 5 months ago

deleted files should be at garbage dude. LOL
enjoy the rom.

SCORPION21
1 year 5 months ago

This firmware is OK ? Anyone tested this firmware?

viomen

1. Download total commander
2. Extract the zip file
5. put the edited file in odin in AP
everything should work finally.
Thats it.

iulian1234
1 year 5 months ago

thank you very much!you are the greatest!
it’s working!

camui.alexandru
1 year 5 months ago

10x bro. U really helped me ! Now it works.
Just for my curiosity, what does 2 files that I deleted do ?

SCORPION21
1 year 5 months ago

Normal ought to go without these changes.

nhanguyennhut

G900H in viet nam get android 5.0 when

camui.alexandru
1 year 5 months ago

Guys ! Pls help what should I do ? Anyone ?

camui.alexandru
1 year 5 months ago

Same here stuck in download mode. Odin fails at modem bin. What should I do ? What is that PIT file for ? Or is it safe to delete the hidden and cache ?