Samsung wins EISA awards for best smartphone camera and more
Samsung’s fortunes might have taken a hit recently, but that doesn’t mean the company’s technological prowess has been negatively affected. The Korean manufacturer has been awarded multiple awards by the European Imaging and Sound Association – these awards include European Smartphone Camera 2014-2015, European Connected Camera 2014-2015 and European Multiroom System 2014-2015, for the Galaxy K zoom, the Samsung NX30 and the M7 Multiroom System.
The Galaxy K zoom was launched earlier this year and brought along a 20-megapixel camera with 10x optical zoom, an upgrade over the 16-megapixel camera on the Galaxy S4 zoom from last year. The device was awarded the European Smartphone Camera 2014-2015 thanks to its impressive image quality, especially in low-light, and for the fact that it offers a higher megapixel count than many dedicated cameras. Meanwhile, the NX30 was recognized for its high-quality images, though its tiltable electronic viewfinder, which can pivot upwards to 80 degrees to allow different viewpoints was what earned it the Connected Camera award.
Here’s the full press release:
SAMSUNG WINS MULTIPLE EUROPEAN IMAGING AND SOUND ASSOCIATION AWARDS ACROSS SMARTPHONE, CAMERA AND MULTIROOM SYSTEM CATEGORIES
Products awarded this year include the Samsung Galaxy K zoom, the Samsung SMART CAMERA NX30 and the Samsung M7 Multiroom System
London, UK – 14 August, 2014 – Samsung Electronics announced today that the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) has awarded the company multiple awards in the following categories: European Smartphone Camera 2014-2015, European Connected Camera 2014-2015 and European Multiroom System 2014-2015.
The products awarded this year are the Samsung Galaxy K zoom, the Samsung SMART CAMERA NX30 and Samsung M7 Multiroom System, all of which received recognition from the judging panel for their innovative features and impressive design.
“At Samsung, we strive to lead innovation and are persistent in making new discoveries designed to enhance consumers’ lives,” said Sunny Lee, President of Samsung Electronics Europe. “To receive multiple EISA awards from such an illustrious panel of judges really reaffirms to us that we are succeeding in creating market leading products that are truly enriching consumers’ lives.”
The EISA Awards recognise products that demonstrate a winning combination of innovative technology, sleek design and desirable features. The EISA Awards panel of judges comprises editors from 50 consumer electronics magazines across 20 European countries.
Judges highlighted the following reasons for why the winning products were chosen:
EUROPEAN SMARTPHONE CAMERA 2014-2015 – Samsung Galaxy K zoom
- The Galaxy K zoom is the new camera specialised smartphone that blends advanced digital camera technology with Samsung’s industry-leading Galaxy experience.
- The Galaxy K zoom is equipped with cutting-edge retracting lens technology that provides 10x optical zoom in a remarkably slim and chic design
- It also features 20.7 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, Optical Image Stabiliser, Xenon Flash and 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED Display to ensure crisp and sharp photos, even in low light
- The compact and highly portable Galaxy K zoom also features an ergonomic grip and sleek, stylish lines that feel soft and comfortable when held
As the first camera-specialised smartphone, EISA judges commented: “The 20.7‐million‐pixel BSI CMOS sensor behind the lens exceeds the resolution found in many standalone compact cameras, and it delivers great picture quality, especially in low light.”
EUROPEAN CONNECTED CAMERA 2013-2014 – Samsung SMART CAMERA NX30
- The NX30 is a professionally-inspired compact system camera, featuring high quality images with faster than ever performance
- Its advanced 20.3 megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor and NX AF System II auto-focusing creates high-quality images that burst with sharp detail and intense colour, while its Tiltable Electronic Viewfinder and 3.0-inch Super AMOLED Swivel and Touch Display lets people choose any viewpoint
- Building on Samsung’s leading SMART CAMERA technology, the NX30’s NFC and Wi-Fi capabilities offer wireless connectivity, making it is easier than ever to take advantage of a host of intuitive sharing features between the camera and NFC enabled smartphones
EISA judges recognised the Samsung NX30’s tiltable electronic viewfinder that can pivot upwards to 80 degree, allowing different viewpoints.
EUROPEAN MULTIROOM SYSTEM 2014-2015 – Samsung M7
- The M7 Multiroom speaker can not only access your music from your phone and PC but also stream millions of songs from Spotify, Deezer, Napster, and many other services through WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, and Spotify Connect. Smartphones and tablets can be used to control these speakers around your home
- The speaker itself houses twin 19mm tweeters, two 56mm midrange drivers and a 10cm woofer while Bluetooth connectivity, a touch‐sensitive volume control and the ability to decode FLAC files up to 192kHz/24‐bit only add to its appeal
EISA judges added: “And it’s no slouch when it comes to sound quality either, the M7 boasts a rich, weighty and room‐filling presentation that is able to punch hard when appropriate.”