Posted by Adnan F. 2 months ago

Samsung Galaxy Alpha officially announced

galaxy-alpha-large

The day that we had all been waiting for is finally here. Samsung today officially announced the Galaxy Alpha, its new metal touting smartphone that we have been consistently hearing about over the past few months. There have been countless rumors about its specifications and dozens of pictures leaked online but none looked better than the official press images that Samsung has released today.

As expected the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has a 4.7-inch 1280×720 Super AMOLED display, Samsung’s own Exynos octacore processor (Quad 1.8GHz + Quad 1.3GHz) with 2GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage (no microSD support), LTE-A support, 1860mAh battery, fingerprint sensor, 12 megapixel rear camera, 2.1 megapixel front shooter and more. Camera modes include HDR, Panorama, Selective Focus, Dual Camera, Beauty Face, Virtual Tour and others.

Software features like the Ultra Power Saving Mode, Download Booster, Quick Connect and Private Mode are also present, baked into Android 4.4.4. There’s support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 and USB 2.0. Sensors include an gyro, geomagnetic, hall, light, proximity, gesture and HR. An accelerometer is present onboard as well.

Despite its metal build the Galaxy Alpha is just 6.7mm thick and it weighs in at 115g. The Galaxy Alpha will be released in five colors: black, white, gold, silver and blue. Samsung says that the new device will be released sequentially in more than 150 countries starting September 2014.

galaxy-alpha-official-1 galaxy-alpha-official-2 galaxy-alpha-official-3 galaxy-alpha-official-4 galaxy-alpha-official-5 galaxy-alpha-official-6

galaxy-alpha-official-7 galaxy-alpha-official-8 galaxy-alpha-official-10 galaxy-alpha-official-11 galaxy-alpha-official-

Source

13 comments on “Samsung Galaxy Alpha officially announced

1. Tauras 2 months ago said:

Wow, that’s a good looking device!

2. gdskang 2 months ago said:

Samsung just release this in India. These press renders make me want it more now !!! Now say something about this you sammy haters !!

3. moogaloo 2 months ago said:

Is it just me who prefers samsung’s plastic look and these new phones look ugly? These photos together with the leaked Note 4 images, make the phones look like they are targeted at pensioners. I prefer more of a spaceage look to my phone, but I guess that is just my taste.

4. Vesta@12b 2 months ago said:

Honestly, this is a pointless phone, barring the metal frame, it is the S5, downgraded.

• Tauras 2 months ago said:

Nope, it’s an upgrade.

• Danistop 2 months ago said:

Isn’t that what you metal fans hoped for. If you want metal you’ll get weaker specifications… Just like apple and HTC have. Metal frame with 4mp camera or plastic with 13 megapixels.

5. dustinbv 2 months ago said:

If it has a 64GB storage I would definitely buy it!
    This phone is a great step to the right direction Samsung!

6. trevor7428 2 months ago said:

I don’t understand why pple complain about samsung not having metal cases. Now samsung comes out with a phone w/ metal case. that would be funny if this phone hits an all low in sales. lol

I could never purchase this phone, for one reason and one reason only. No micro SD

7. ralvarellos 2 months ago said:

I like the look and size, remembers me my beloved S2, but what about the battery life? The S4 barely last a day and has a way bigger battery. Anyway I dont have to worry, no SD not for me…

8. gtone339 2 months ago said:

If Samsung sticks with the metal-trim edge then it’s future flagship shall follow it! Good move Samsung! :)

9. aboooody 2 months ago said:

Yes it is very good
    Good luck

10. SamPDA 2 months ago said:

Looks like iPhone but it’s the most beautiful smartphone!

11. SamPDA 2 months ago said:

But I like Galaxy Note Devices because they have very powerful hardware!
    It will nice to see Next Note device in this design
    Galaxy note alpha! ;-)