Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE (SM-P605) gets its Android 4.4 KitKat update

More than two months after it released the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Wi-Fi-only Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition variant, Samsung is beginning to roll out the update to the LTE model (SM-P605) of its first WQXGA (2560×1600) display toting tablet. The update carries software version P605XXUCNE2 and is currently rolling out in the Nordic region (Finland, Denmark, etc.), and will no doubt include the usual KitKat goodies - faster performance, white status bar icons, wireless printing support, full-screen album art (while playing music) and a new camera shortcut on the lock screen, options to select the default home and SMS apps, enhanced sound controls for specific Samsung apps, and general stability improvements.

The update should soon be rolling out over the air, and can also be grabbed via Samsung Kies or through our firmware section. Remember, the update will take its time to reach all users in different countries, though you can always try pulling it manually through the Settings » About device » Software updates menu.

Firmware Details:

• Model: SM-P605
  • • Model name: GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE
  • • Country: Nordic countries
  • • Version: Android 4.4.2
  • • Changelist: 1614486
  • • Build date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:43:53 +0000
  • • Product Code: NEE
  • • PDA: P605XXUCNE2
  • • CSC: P605OXACNE2
  • • MODEM: P605XXUCNE2
Firmware news 21

agoraroja
4 months 15 days ago

Hi, I’m from Spain and I have just bought this tablet on the Internet. It seems that it come from Hong Kong. The model is SM-P605 but spanish languaje is not available. Can I flash it to a spanish firmware? I want to use spanish language and I don’t know another way to install the language.
Could anybody help me?
Thanks

heliatty
9 months 9 days ago

Is it OK to flash the 605 firmware onto the 605L model?

heliatty
9 months 9 days ago

WB sm605L???

RuVaSky
9 months 28 days ago

I upgraded my SM-P600 with the French version of Android 4.4.2 and all seems to work more smoothly. Just one problem: after the upgrade it’s almost impossible to use the S-pen for text input! When releasing pressure in between two letters when writing in the input screen at the bottom the device seems to think the word is finished and it shifts on to the next one, while on the actual screen the written text does not appear. No idea what could cause this issue, I couldn’t find a solution online, so if others have an idea all input or feedback is welcome. I used to use this handwriting function a lot, that’s the main reason I have chosen for a Note, but if I can’t find a solution I will be forced to downgrade the device to previous version again. Hope I can avoid this, all other things seem to work better and faster since the operation, so…

RuVaSky
9 months 28 days ago

I just discovered this is only an issue in the Dutch language. When using English or French there is no problem at all. I also discovered there is no button for stylus input when using Dutch, as is the case when using other languages. Could it be possible handwriting is not supported only in Dutch ? This would be very strange since in previous versions of Android on the Note there was no problem at all. Or could it be this is because I used the firmware released for the French market?
Anyway I will do some more research and if I would find something I will post the feedback. Maybe all will be solved when the update for the Dutch region is released, whenever that might be…

leonbrink
10 months 28 days ago

I have tried two different version now, P605XXUCNF2_P605VDICNF1_VDI and P605XXUCNF2_P605VFGCNE1_VD2.
Each time exactly as the instructions. Every time Odin Fails at the end. Tablet then refuses to start up. I then have to restore via ODIN to the 4.3 P605XXUBMJA_P605OJVBMJ4_XFV version I downloaded from Sammobile to get it working again.
Seems my wonderful SM-P605 doesn’t want to update to 4.4.

Msg after update via ODIN:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-P605
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0×0
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
AP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P2
UDC START
“Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.”

abdulrahim14
11 months 16 days ago

still not kitkat update for middle east after many months of rolling out in different countries… c’mon samsung do us a favor for once.

Pat Smith
11 months 29 days ago

Well, I really like the idea of getting this device, however, considering that it rolled out like 10 months ago I’m wondering whether it wouldn’t be wise to wait just a little bit longer for a possible 2015 edition. What do you guys think? Are there any rumours on that? Do you think it’s coming soon? Thanks for your replies.

sunny1011
1 year 1 month ago

Updated SM-P601 India yesterday…. It’s nice & working smooth & fast.

santozic

what about sm-601?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pedling
1 year 1 month ago

Overall this is a good update, a big boost in performance..

A bit disappointed there is no Samsung UX (like Pro/note series)

One of the good news is you can download HanCom office (which I believe is the best office apps for android) from Samsung Apps…

grivera96
1 year 1 month ago

If someone already flashed this update. Does it really include the full screen album art on lock screen? I updated my galaxy note 8.0 and it lacks of this feature. It just shows music controls, but not album art. I don’t know if this is only a bug or they skipped this feature on my tablet.

pedling
1 year 1 month ago

No, there is no Screen album art only controls (also tried with Netflix, Viaplay)

grivera96
1 year 1 month ago

Thank you. So I guess this is a phone only feature.

sheepybach
1 year 1 month ago

Hey I’m still waiting for the Wi-Fi-only Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition update in The UK

sunny1011
1 year 1 month ago

What about SM P601 3G model of SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1 2014 EDITION.

fidocampeao
1 year 1 month ago

samsung is joking on us… they’ve started updating then stopped… only russia china and panama

sunny1011
1 year 1 month ago

Samsung is really slow in updating softwares….

tomikt
1 year 1 month ago

When will we get i9305′s kitkat update finally?

gagaraz
1 year 1 month ago

Hello ! When will Samsung release Kitkat 4.4.x for S4 GT-I9506 ( i9506XXUQDNE4 ) ?

roroabushanab