Posted by Abhijeet M. 6 months ago

note-10.1-2014-feature

More than two months after it released the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Wi-Fi-only Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition variant, Samsung is beginning to roll out the update to the LTE model (SM-P605) of its first WQXGA (2560×1600) display toting tablet. The update carries software version P605XXUCNE2 and is currently rolling out in the Nordic region (Finland, Denmark, etc.), and will no doubt include the usual KitKat goodies - faster performance, white status bar icons, wireless printing support, full-screen album art (while playing music) and a new camera shortcut on the lock screen, options to select the default home and SMS apps, enhanced sound controls for specific Samsung apps, and general stability improvements.

The update should soon be rolling out over the air, and can also be grabbed via Samsung Kies or through our firmware section. Remember, the update will take its time to reach all users in different countries, though you can always try pulling it manually through the Settings » About device » Software updates menu.

Firmware Details:

• Model: SM-P605
  • • Model name: GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE
  • • Country: Nordic countries
  • • Version: Android 4.4.2
  • • Changelist: 1614486
  • • Build date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:43:53 +0000
  • • Product Code: NEE
  • • PDA: P605XXUCNE2
  • • CSC: P605OXACNE2
  • • MODEM: P605XXUCNE2

20 comments on “Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition LTE (SM-P605) gets its Android 4.4 KitKat update

1. roroabushanab 6 months ago said:
  2. gagaraz 6 months ago said:

Hello ! When will Samsung release Kitkat 4.4.x for S4 GT-I9506 ( i9506XXUQDNE4 ) ?

3. tomikt 6 months ago said:

When will we get i9305′s kitkat update finally?

4. sunny1011 6 months ago said:

What about SM P601 3G model of SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1 2014 EDITION.

5. sheepybach 6 months ago said:

Hey I’m still waiting for the Wi-Fi-only Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition update in The UK

6. grivera96 6 months ago said:

If someone already flashed this update. Does it really include the full screen album art on lock screen? I updated my galaxy note 8.0 and it lacks of this feature. It just shows music controls, but not album art. I don’t know if this is only a bug or they skipped this feature on my tablet.

7. pedling 6 months ago said:

Overall this is a good update, a big boost in performance..

A bit disappointed there is no Samsung UX (like Pro/note series)

One of the good news is you can download HanCom office (which I believe is the best office apps for android) from Samsung Apps…

8. santozic 6 months ago said:

what about sm-601?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. sunny1011 6 months ago said:

Updated SM-P601 India yesterday…. It’s nice & working smooth & fast.

10. Pat Smith 6 months ago said:

Well, I really like the idea of getting this device, however, considering that it rolled out like 10 months ago I’m wondering whether it wouldn’t be wise to wait just a little bit longer for a possible 2015 edition. What do you guys think? Are there any rumours on that? Do you think it’s coming soon? Thanks for your replies.

11. abdulrahim14 6 months ago said:

still not kitkat update for middle east after many months of rolling out in different countries… c’mon samsung do us a favor for once.

12. leonbrink 6 months ago said:

I have tried two different version now, P605XXUCNF2_P605VDICNF1_VDI and P605XXUCNF2_P605VFGCNE1_VD2.
    Each time exactly as the instructions. Every time Odin Fails at the end. Tablet then refuses to start up. I then have to restore via ODIN to the 4.3 P605XXUBMJA_P605OJVBMJ4_XFV version I downloaded from Sammobile to get it working again.
    Seems my wonderful SM-P605 doesn’t want to update to 4.4.

Msg after update via ODIN:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: SM-P605
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0×0
    QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
    AP SWREV: S2, T2, R2, A2, P2
    UDC START
    “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.”

13. RuVaSky 6 months ago said:

I upgraded my SM-P600 with the French version of Android 4.4.2 and all seems to work more smoothly. Just one problem: after the upgrade it’s almost impossible to use the S-pen for text input! When releasing pressure in between two letters when writing in the input screen at the bottom the device seems to think the word is finished and it shifts on to the next one, while on the actual screen the written text does not appear. No idea what could cause this issue, I couldn’t find a solution online, so if others have an idea all input or feedback is welcome. I used to use this handwriting function a lot, that’s the main reason I have chosen for a Note, but if I can’t find a solution I will be forced to downgrade the device to previous version again. Hope I can avoid this, all other things seem to work better and faster since the operation, so…

• RuVaSky 6 months ago said:

I just discovered this is only an issue in the Dutch language. When using English or French there is no problem at all. I also discovered there is no button for stylus input when using Dutch, as is the case when using other languages. Could it be possible handwriting is not supported only in Dutch ? This would be very strange since in previous versions of Android on the Note there was no problem at all. Or could it be this is because I used the firmware released for the French market?
      Anyway I will do some more research and if I would find something I will post the feedback. Maybe all will be solved when the update for the Dutch region is released, whenever that might be…

14. heliatty 6 months ago said:

WB sm605L???

15. heliatty 6 months ago said:

Is it OK to flash the 605 firmware onto the 605L model?