Posted by Kunal G. 3 months ago

Galaxy S4 (I9505) software update adds Kids mode, KNOX 2.0

S4-kids-feature

Samsung has rolled out a new software update for the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) variant in Germany. According to All About Samsung, the new XXUGNE5 update improves overall performance and adds two features found on the Galaxy S5 – Kids Mode and KNOX 2.0.

Kids Mode brings a child-friendly UI along with a dedicated app store while the KNOX 2.0 is the secure solution Samsung recently announced to roll out on all KNOX-enabled devices.

The 130MB is available over the air, Kies or you can download the full update from our server link below.

Download Page

s4-kids-mode

40 comments on “Galaxy S4 (I9505) software update adds Kids mode, KNOX 2.0

1. faraaz29 3 months ago said:

Finally! Been wanting a kids mode for a while now

2. mobilecracker 3 months ago said:

Knox is still unbreakable

3. tomikt 3 months ago said:

pls i9305 kitkat update, or leak’s good too :D

4. sweneesh 3 months ago said:

i am updated my samsung gt-i9500
    after update it showing emergency calls only
    what should i do….?
    please help me sir

5. rmittendorff 3 months ago said:

After this update (no factory reset Don yet) my device reboots when I have an active call. Not directly, but after a while (1 or 2 minutes). Do you have the same experience?

6. dr.e 3 months ago said:

we need ultra power saving mode not kids mode.

7. drifter2048 3 months ago said:

Hi, same problem for me, reboot when it want, some lag after unlock the phone. Is there anyone try to do a factory reset ?

• hooksie 3 months ago said:

Yes factory reset and clear cache enter recovery mode by holding power and volume up when off release as soon as you see recovery booting in small blue writing

• izephyr 3 months ago said:

I don’t think Factory reset will help, because I have tried several times. However, I did not have a single reboot for the last 48 hours. I just reduced the speed of my processor to around 1600Mhz. Also, I DID NOT Disable Knox using the Superus or any other method. It’s just working fine with me.

8. mezo91 3 months ago said:

Yes you need a factory reset.

9. drifter2048 3 months ago said:

OK seems to work without it but not. Try this week-end.
    Thanks

10. wootyv 3 months ago said:

Are the bugs of the previous version worked out like force close of touchwiz when you want to show switched off apps? And are there any new bugs involved?

11. Aminshd 3 months ago said:

When this rom relase for i9500? And this rom look like s5?

12. hyena 3 months ago said:

After factory reset the phone still rebooting when i make a phone call.
    Maybe it caused by the cf auto root?
    Any idea?

13. jrazapk 3 months ago said:

Flashed on my SG4 i9505 Black Edition, Working perfect and battery life also improved.

14. Bryan Machaca 3 months ago said:

Lo instale y no pude activar el wifi, solucionen eso por favor, saludos desde Perú.

15. supr90 3 months ago said:

alternative download link? the download speed dies after 2 min ….

16. dimkit 3 months ago said:

I am also facing random reboots and I have install it with factory reset.does any one find a solution. The guys who claims that are not facing any problem are they rooted. Because I am rooted.

• izephyr 3 months ago said:

I don’t think Factory reset will help, because I have tried several times. However, I did not have a single reboot for the last 72 hours at least. I just reduced the speed of my processor to around 1600Mhz. Also, I DID NOT Disable Knox using the Superus or any other method. It’s just working fine with me.

17. imade72 3 months ago said:

i am happy if they give us official google edition firmware for gt-i9505
    i also want to enjoy pure google experience on s4

18. hyena 3 months ago said:

Maybe the cf root not compatible with the Knox 2.
    After I facing with this reboot problems also tried with no root, but the situation was the same.
    I think this rom only works well in official state phones.

19. carinfire 3 months ago said:

I updated this update but kids mode 38mb only download after that it shows could not not download try again later message. What is the problem? I reset my phone after tjat also ots same. Anybody have facing this problem. All other are quite normal. And after my reset sammsung wallet also not download.

20. lunkz 3 months ago said:

Knox cannot start.
    Knox is not working any help. Plsssssss

21. rmittendorff 3 months ago said:

I’m still having problems with the new I9505XXUGNE5. I updated with Odin, factory reset, cleared cache, but also when I do the update after a fresh install of the previous DBT release (I9505XXUFNB8), including factory reset and clearing cache to I9505XXUGNE5 by FOTA.

- Phone reboots now and then, strange thing: after reboot I don’t have to use the PIN which is installed on my sim
    - Touchwiz hangs now and then, the screen does not react on input. Putting off by short-pressing powerbutton and putting on directly helps.
    - The timeout setting for locking (with patron or simple swipe) or locking by pressing power button (actually, not locking when short-pressing power button) does not work. The device is always locked directly.
    - Knox will not start

I never experience problems after updating, this is the first time.
    For now, I went back to the previous DBT version: I9505XXUFNB8

I’m curious where these problems come from.

• marstone 3 months ago said:

Exact same problem here with this latest update XXUGNG4, had to revert back to previous firmware and no problems now

22. drifter2048 3 months ago said:

Hi,

Got the same issue. What i did is delete the Knox apps with Titanium backup. All works fine now since sunday evening.

23. javad28 3 months ago said:

I need ultra power saving mode not kids mode.android 4.3 better for 4.4.2.sorry samsung

24. macak96 3 months ago said:

Why I didn’t get the update yet? o.O

25. iwantschak 3 months ago said:

WHY ARE WE NOT GETTING 4.4.3 OR 4.4.4 ! I WILL MOVE TO A DIFFERENT PHONE IF WE DONT GET NO MORE UPDATES!!!

• ea3gcv 3 months ago said:

After weeks making a lot of testings with my nobrand S4 and the new firmware, I can confirm that the continuous restarts are due for rooted terminals and Knox 2 disabling.

SuperSu warns to disable Knox at startup and seems to work but it doesn’t really. Knox 2.0 is still working and when a rooted application is working (in my case with Cerberus), terminal restart automatically. The same happen for other rooted apps working in the background.

I still has the terminal rooted with SuperSu 2.02 but I always press Cancel when opening SuperSu and prompts to disable Knox. It works as root and the problem only happen when I disable Knox 2.0 with SuperSu.

We will have to wait for a real solution to disable permanently Knox 2.0. Meantime you’d better avoid rooting

26. ea3gcv 3 months ago said:

27. martinskirsis 3 months ago said:

Why I don’t have Kids mode on my Galaxy S4 Value Edition (I9515). I had 4.4.2 out of the box.