Posted by Kunal G. 7 months ago

Samsung ships 10 million Galaxy S5s in 25 days

s5-sammobile-feature

Galaxy S5 just became the bestselling smartphone for the Korean giant. A report by South Korea’s Hankyung claims Galaxy S5’s sales to have surpassed a figure of 10 million units. This figure, just like the previous ones, highlights Samsung shipment to channels and not to consumers but is an impressive feat, nonetheless. The phone’s shipment reached the milestone in just 25 days, beating Galaxy S4’s 27 day record and easily besting previous Galaxy S flagships – Galaxy S III (50 days), Galaxy S II (5 months), Galaxy S (7 months).

The Galaxy S5 is currently on sale in over 125 countries and it will be interesting to see if Galaxy S5 can hold the momentum like the Galaxy S III and Galaxy S4 that have sold around 60 million and 40 million units respectively.

Source | Via

7 comments on “Samsung ships 10 million Galaxy S5s in 25 days

1. shariqabideen 7 months ago said:

I’ll wait for Note 4.

2. gtone339 7 months ago said:

Make it cheap and I’d consider upgrading my aged GS3 for it.

3. johnyjackson 7 months ago said:

without south korea market

4. Huntedman 7 months ago said:

Samsung i9300 befallen the middle, when samsung is not taken.

5. Shlomo77 7 months ago said:

I bought I9000, I9100. I9300, I9305 and I9500 I use now, and my wife enjoys I9505 and my whole family enjoys Galaxy S4
    but I do not buy samsung until they will not remove the stupid regional lock because I give to their relatives every year new Galaxy and now I have to unpack it and use it to unlock it.
    very stupid idea from Samsung, they had the best record sales have not done that stupid thing
    I personally would not buy anything until they fix this lock …!

6. elusivepjo 7 months ago said:

I was going to wait for a note 4 and. Alas, my note2 met an untimely demise. I’m now kind of glad it did. Im loving the s5 and not having wait. My note 2 cracked with a slight and I mean slight run in with a counter. I lost 2 s pens and really didnt need to use it all that much.

Now, I am taking calls in the shower, using the shealth when running and once again able to text one handed. All things that were just not possible or too cumbersome with my Note2 Finding the s5 refreshing and having fun with my phone again.