Samsung rolling out Android 4.4 KitKat update for Galaxy Note II

Brace yourselves, Galaxy Note II owners, it looks like it’s time for that KitKat treat you’ve all been waiting for. A KitKat firmware for the international variant of the second-generation Note has shown up on Kies and is available in France, and while there’s no info on whether this is rolling out over the air just yet, it’s an official build and should soon be rolling out to other regions as well. It will bump the software version up to build number N7100XXUFND3, and should include all the goodies you expect from the newest version of Android.

These include a smoother interface and faster performance, white status bar icons, full-screen album art and a camera shortcut on the lock screen, wireless printing and NFC tap-to-pay support, options to set default messaging and launcher apps, transparent status bar, and better stability. Samsung’s own changes should be present as well, though we’ll know what those are only after we’ve updated our own devices to KitKat (which should take about 15 minutes from now.) are present as well – till now we’ve noticed the addition of Samsung Wallet and KNOX, though we’ll likely find more as we continue playing with KitKat on our Note II.

Have you received the update on your Galaxy Note II yet? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to check for the update in the Settings » About phone » Software update menu (you can also download the firmware from our firmware section and upgrade manually.)

Firmware details:

• • CSC: N7100OXAFND3
  • • MODEM: N7100XXUFND3

Screenshots:

Firmware news 170

kevin exposito
7 months 24 days ago

Ola,a mi todavia no me sale la actualizacion y por mas que busco por internet nose como actualizarlo podrian echarme una mano porfavor?

kevin exposito
7 months 24 days ago

ola a mi todavia no me sale la actualizacion mi modelo es el gt-n7100 alguien podria ayudarme?

asimsmughal
9 months 29 days ago

hi
i have note 2
i want to update to kitkat

plz help

PDA N7100ZHDMB1
CSC N7100ZZHDMB1

xlynx
11 months 11 days ago

N7100. Still waiting. Anyone else?

xlynx
11 months 11 days ago

as timestamps are apparently bugged, still waiting on 2014-09-18.

reddiesel
1 year 10 days ago

OMG, don’t install! I can’t switch languages from English to Chinese or Taiwanese for input. Please help any suggestions>?

nachote.
1 year 1 month ago

Do Anybody know when Argentine’s version of kitkat is ready to install?

arianne101
1 year 2 months ago

Do you have torrent link for the firmware?

craffty
1 year 2 months ago

Hi, i think somebody have that uploaded on torrent, but i think there is warning reason to NOT download via torrent all android platforms, cuz, it could become with virus, bitcoin virus etc, if u want original android, download it from Sammobile.

imshan khan
1 year 2 months ago

how can i go back to 4.3 or 4.1 i just want my phone network back i need ur suggestion…thank you

craffty
1 year 2 months ago

Hi, u can’t back to 4.3 or 4.1 because of android installation folder is Replaced with oryginal New one. The only way to reupload other android via Odin software.

imshan khan
1 year 2 months ago

Just now i have installed it but i lost my mobile network it’s showing emergency calls only plz help me

craffty
1 year 2 months ago

Hi mate, i think u had root before update, and ur Phone had SimLock, when updated to android KitKat 4.4.2 it comes back to You as Factory Settings

imshan khan
1 year 2 months ago

Just now have installed it b I lost my network it’s showing emergency calls only plc help me

sathishgaru
1 year 2 months ago

Bluetooth range extremely dropped after 4.4.2 update, My gear watch and Bluetooth headset drops the connectivity even the phone is in the pocket …Plz help me to fix this issue .

zapster
1 year 2 months ago

Clear cache in recovery mode fixed my problem.

hope tat helps.

craffty
1 year 2 months ago

Hi, make sure u have Set Up Bluetooth visible Time to higher u can, or u disabled the Visible Time, u can check it in Bluetooth options,

second possibility is u have Enabled “Energy Saving” please choose ur best way, turn it off or turn it on. I hope i was helpful.

chandanjktr94
1 year 2 months ago

kitkat 4.4.2 update is very bad because some issue phone like BATTERY CHARGING,SCREEN,SOFT KEY etc. charging time 8 hour and charge 40% only.charging slowly and drain fast.i will check it another battery but not its not only my problem.my friends group has 4 GALAXY NOTE II but all NOTE II have same problem.

plz fix it …..

craffty
1 year 2 months ago

make sure that u had 100% charged ur battery before Update to KitKat, we all know that battery must be in 100% charged because the update requires a lot of time, if u had less than 60% ur update not be correct, anyway, make full wipe/reset to factory ur Phone, some applications can’t be updated because of this android, Sammobile was informed us of this.

craffty
1 year 3 months ago

Everything okay, I am a happy owner of Samsung Galaxy Note 2, there was an information from Sammobile or from Samsung, the Android 4.4.2 for this Phablet will come to our’s device at the end of March, Now We have May, and? No Update yet.

When we will receive an General information about this Update? We still Waiting and Waiting and there is no new information about this. Im confused, Samsung is a big Firm and they like to care about new customers etc. But why do you keep us in suspense.. i don’t know.

Sorry for my bad English im only Polish Person.

darkshiner
1 year 3 months ago

Does anyone experienced bluetooth problems?
On 4.4.2 (old and new France) I’m having terrible bluetooth signal strength.
While playing music via bluetooth the soudnd gets interrupted frequently, especially when I scroll web pages.
This rom is useless for me as I use bluetooth a lot (headphones, speakers, in the car), so I reverted to 4.3 :(

zapster
1 year 2 months ago

Clear cache in recovery mode fixed my problem.

hope tat helps.

rohitdhavade

HI guys .. ..
I Updated my samsung galaxy note-2 GT-N7100 to 4.4.2 via ota .
Now Im facing a few issues -
1.MX PLAYER IS NOT WORKING AND the phone’s video player too is not playing .x264 videos
2. AUDIO manager ( aka hide it pro ) application is not working .

Have any one of you faced this issue ?? ??
Please let met know !

francis820
1 year 3 months ago

Finally, local carriers in the Philippines gets the update… thanks!

rikik
1 year 3 months ago

Alors à quant la mise à jour 4.4 pour le galaxy note 2 lte ???
Samsung continue à faire traîner les mises à jour pour ce smartphone tout comme il a fait avec le S3 et à la fin des fins ils nous diront que le note 2 lte ne pourra pas supporté la mise à jour kit kat. ..
En tous cas sa sent l’embrouille croyez moi !!!!
Ces cons de chez samsung nous prennent vraiment pour des billes !

yanantabona
1 year 3 months ago

I’ve just updated mine and it works really well here in Indonesia. A little disappointment though i thout google now launcher is available for any kitkat devices :(

waywardyouth

C’mon SAMMOBILE!!!
WHY YOU GOT PISSED OFF ???
WHY DID YOU DELETE MY COMMENT?
I’VE JUST WROTE THE TRUTH.
THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS PAINFUL.
SAMSUNG IS CHEATING US WITH THESE POOR UPDATES WHICH CONTAINS FULL OF NOTHING.
CHANGING THE CAMERA ICON IS NOT A NEW FEATURE FOR US.
SAMSUNG CAN GIVE MANY USEFULL FEATURES FOR US.

ALSO YOU SAMMOBILE !!! BEHEAVE YOURSELF !!!
DO NOT TRY TO PROTECT SAMSUNG. BECAUSE SAMSUNG IS CHEATING ALL OF THEIR CUSTOMERS WITH THESE SHITTY UPDATES.

mhr74
1 year 3 months ago

You are very boo boo Because did not relase 4.4.2 & 4.3 for IRAN.

——-> sam <——

victor86

Instale el firmware frances en mi note 2 mexicano y no piedo realizar llamadas

ijonet
1 year 3 months ago

Where the FW for Note II XSE???

rocka garcia
1 year 3 months ago

update my note N7100 but there is no change in the interface, why not change the interface? I had installed the version 4.3…. some help please…

rocka garcia
1 year 3 months ago

update my note N7100 but there is no change in the interface, por que no cambio la interface?, yo tenia instalada la version 4.3… some help please!!!

Valhandro

Косячная жестко ))))

aung kyaw kyaw
1 year 3 months ago

Any Error ? android 4.4.2 kit kat for GT-N7100 ?