Posted by Harish J 7 months ago

International version of the Galaxy S4 receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat

???????????

Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been available for the U.S. version of the Galaxy S4 since last month, with most carriers finalizing their rollout. While there have been indications of an imminent KitKat rollout for the international version of the Galaxy S4, it wasn’t clear as to when it would commence. We can now confirm that the rollout has begun for users in several countries. Users from Belgium, Greece, Malaysia and Poland have reached out to us and confirmed that they were able to make the switch to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via an official OTA update.

From the look of things, it looks like the update is anywhere between 362 to 424 MB in size, based on the location. Users who have downloaded the update did mention a general increase in the performance from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Are you using an international version of the Galaxy S4 and made the switch to KitKat? If so, let us know below. We do have to mention that the rollout is likely staggered, so all users might not be able to get the OTA update at the same time.

S4 KitKat

1781912_10152342714169715_2081420576_n

10013539_10152342714229715_954931273_n

1901273_10152342714254715_650881032_n

10006399_10152342715184715_1202319319_n

my6yqesu

1016572_10202157456471029_104874299_n

combine_images

Source

80 comments on “International version of the Galaxy S4 receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat

1. Bluegixxer 7 months ago said:

WOOOHOOOO my Note 2 is ready and waiting! WE ARE THE NEXT!

2. Davidson Braga 7 months ago said:

Now unfortunately after upgrading to KitKat when scrolling menus, purple spots appear on the screen, as occurred with the first version of android 4.2.2 :(
    Will there be a fix for this?
    My android version is ZTO

3. andremorata 7 months ago said:

Brazil just get it too!

4. andreilaviniu 7 months ago said:

Bulshit OS , my battery life is verry verry verry bad … with 4.3 was perfect but now …I think to buy other phone … because this OS is bulshit ..

• nkolsen 7 months ago said:

Just do a hard reset and it will be fine again….

• nkolsen 7 months ago said:

Do a hard reset and it will be fine.

• vertcam9 7 months ago said:

Relax, you just upgraded, more improvements to come. :)

• themirandaman 7 months ago said:

Disable Google’s voice recognition ‘OK Google’ command in settings.
      Also disable Samsung’s S-Voice, listening for the ‘Hi Galaxy’ command and then do a hard reset. You’ll find that your battery life has been tremendously improved.
      You can also disable ‘WiFi scanning always available’ from the advanced tab in Wi-Fi settings.

To do a hard reset: Go to Settings > Accounts > Backup and reset > Factory Data Reset.

5. vertcam9 7 months ago said:

Philippines too (all network and openline) . Yup, purple smearing is there again. Hope we get the new interface ala GS5 on the next update.

6. NemesiS2K4 7 months ago said:

Don’t forget GT-I9300 KitKat update, or bye bye Samsung

• mahmodalnajjaar 7 months ago said:
    • giochr 7 months ago said:

don’t worry there are out a lot of custom roms with original android and with a lot of features of sumsung…i have a s3 with omni rom 4.4.2. it’s great with a lot of improvements and i thing it’s better for thouchwiz of samsung…

• SamsungSon 7 months ago said:

It says: Users from Belgium, Greece, Malaysia and Poland have reached out to us and confirmed that they were able to make the switch to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via an official OTA update.” I’m from Malaysia and to date we in Malaysia have not received any update..i wonder who those “users from Malaysia” are?

7. carinfire 7 months ago said:

Today i got kitkat 4.42 update in GT-I9505, but i am not getting lockscreen camera shortcut. solve plz…

8. Formhault 7 months ago said:

The last two screenshots are taken on the I9500 (Exynos version), which didn’t get 4.4.2 yet (if I remember correctly).

Regardless, if good battery life and astonishing performance is what you are seeking, you should choose a custom ROM based on Google Edition or AOSP. It is light years ahead of TouchWiz…

9. andersonbto 7 months ago said:

i’m in Colombia, how can i get the update?

10. barrygoddard 7 months ago said:

For those that can’t see the camera shortcut on the lock screen, you need to change it in Settings>My Device>Lock Screen.

Curious as to why this is such a bonus as it’s available on Touchwiz 4.3 on my S4 i9505.

11. mnostvo 7 months ago said:

VIPnet Croatia, I9505, KitKat updating right this moment

12. DeRomance 7 months ago said:

I though international version should be I9500 instead of I9505?

13. AzevedoAugusto 7 months ago said:

Mas poxa sera que se eu fazer um hard reset, as manchas rochas irão sumir ou so cm uma nova atualização?

• Davidson Braga 7 months ago said:

Creio que somente com uma nova atualização… Estou com o mesmo problema.
      Coisa que já veio desde a 4.2.2, foi corrigida na 4.1 mas que agora retornou com a KitKat.
      Provavelmente algum patch de correção deve ser disponibilizado.

• pcapello 7 months ago said:

Manchas roxas? Eu atualizei e não tive nenhum problema com relação a isso mas eu notei que o rastro negro ficou mais evidente no kit kat do que no 4.3…

• Davidson Braga 7 months ago said:

Pois é… Isso meio que incomoda :(
          Será um defeito no aparelho, ou do sistema?
          Se não me engano, ano passado a Samsung tinha lançado um patch para fazer a correção desse bug, mas porque não manter essa correção no KitKat? :/

14. erduarte 7 months ago said:

En nicaragua ya esta disponible via ota con un tamaño de 439mb. Banda base I9500UBUNFA2, hasta el momento corre bien y rapido. Haber que pasa!

15. Life In Revenge 7 months ago said:

Where is the update for the french bouygues i9505?!

16. guy.hindle 7 months ago said:

Nothing in UK it appears :-(

• SamsungSon 7 months ago said:

don’t worry you are not alone. we in malaysia are still waiting for it too although it says: “Users from Belgium, Greece, Malaysia and Poland have reached out to us and confirmed that they were able to make the switch to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via an official OTA update.”

17. piolon 7 months ago said:

Spain upgrading too! International version GT9505

18. MarciNNexT 7 months ago said:

Polish XEO didn’t get any kitkat yet. :-(

19. hotmasilva 7 months ago said:

Brazil Ota Ok gt-19505 411 mg.

20. abol7orouf 7 months ago said:

i have 9505 model spanish room and i d´ont get anything … i have checked serval times for update … no result !

21. kobra23 7 months ago said:

Poland have the update to 4.4.2 to day XEO

22. pcapello 7 months ago said:

I see some bugs such as the blinking status bar every time I pull it down…

The ram usage is higher now…

The battery life is good…

Nothing changes visually except for the status bar icons and the phone app and the Google Play widget now is full screen…

23. Edvinoo 7 months ago said:

Updated but lost network connection. WiFi worked fine but couldn’t make any calls

sgs4 in Sweden (3)

24. van_1104 7 months ago said:

Hi can I downgrade after this update ? Thanks

25. Mohamed Rabi 7 months ago said:

I have kies 3 when I connect my s4 . It says kies doesn’t support GT-I9505. And sometimes says the laste version is already instaled???!! How can I update. ?

26. cnrp7777 7 months ago said:

When note 2 international version get android 4.4.2 ? Anyone know please tell me.

27. cnrp7777 7 months ago said:

My Note 2 GT-N7100 are waiting for android 4.4.2…………………….

28. afrohead1 7 months ago said:

Hi, I’m from Malaysia but it seems that I haven’t receive any OTA update for my GT-I9500 Galaxy S4… I wonder why is it taking so long. :(

29. hasanpb 7 months ago said:

Czech Republic – upgraded ;)

30. giochr 7 months ago said:

Greece updated…but nothing new…pls Samsung do something better for your touchwiz…the same things happen.
    Also pls note that the update is suitable also for the s3 in case that the rumors that not be updated you gonna lost customers…long live to custom roms take lessons

31. syamsul irma 7 months ago said:

i just upgrade 4.2.2 iran (THR) model. to 4.4.2 kitkat rusia. just use official OS and odin… now my s4 run great and more faster..

32. calugaru_ionut 7 months ago said:

Hi. 4.4.2. available for Vodafone Romania!!!

33. vodafone2013 7 months ago said:

In Romania, for Orange version, when can we update to KitKat? Thanks

34. barrygoddard 7 months ago said:

Still waiting in the UK.

I’m giving it til the weekend then I’m using the Brazil one :D

35. ginomatic 7 months ago said:

Philippines got the update. Updated it from Globe Telecom, but it updated and pre-intalled LINE and ROOTMASTER. WTF? Rootmaster?

36. smiladk 7 months ago said:

And when will the i9506 get kitkat

37. AzevedoAugusto 7 months ago said:

me ajudem pelo amor de Deus, eu sem querer desistalei o s health mas eu n acho ele pra ativar ou insatalar novamente em lugar nenhum nem msm na google play ou no samsung apps… pfvr…:(

38. AzevedoAugusto 7 months ago said:

com o android 4.4.2, quando no menu vamos na opcçao editar as paginas ficam mudando sozinhas… passando pro lado… percebam..

39. harunkunt 7 months ago said:

HTC One updated 4.4.2 a month ago and now for lower phone of HTC rolling out 4.4.2 and SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 I9500 Still waiting what the *suck :) Im from TURKEY and still waiting , One more time Samsung ? NEVER !

40. AdiSz 7 months ago said:

Strange – still nothing. No upgrade for Polish XEO (i9505XXUEMK8) :-/

41. Joanna Alas 7 months ago said:

I just updated mine and its very disappointing becasue I can no longer connect to a wifi. please help.

42. corduroysack 7 months ago said:

still nothing in the UK was going to stick dbt germany on it. i thought sony was bad at updates but this is something else!

43. SamsungSon 7 months ago said:

44. SamsungSon 7 months ago said:

after reading all those negative reviews in the net about the kitkat, it looks like i wont be updating my firmware any sooner. i can’t afford another samsung phone if I damage the one i have now. so, i will just have to make do with what i have in the phone. better be safe than sorry! or go for other brand.

45. zakariyawangde 7 months ago said:

S4 getting 4.4 and i m still waiting for 4.3 for my S3 (iraq-MID) y so slow samsung… y cant u release updates for all the devices at the same time.. country wise updates sucks

46. celalettin 7 months ago said:

Turkey samsung s4 i9500 kitkat ???????

47. mateusz1807 7 months ago said:

Still nothing in poland :(

48. celalettin 7 months ago said:

Samsung s4 9500 kitkat guncelemesini neden bu kadar yavaş dağıtıyor. Yazık verdiğimiz paralara bundan sonra samsung benim için bitmiştir. Türkiyedeki internet sitemde artık samsung yer verilmeyecektir.

49. skynet6000 7 months ago said:

Still waiting in UK
    i9505.

50. bedooo 7 months ago said:

Fuck you samsung

51. abian33 7 months ago said:

cuando sale 4.4 para los galaxy s4 (btu)??????

52. Rami Rasikh 7 months ago said:

when it will arrive to KSA ..?? i am still getting nothing. i am tired of waiting and checking it every day.

my model is GT-i9500 .

53. Rami Rasikh 7 months ago said:

did anyone notice that there is so much battery drain after updating to Kitkat..??

Samsung Mobile…. there is a real battery drain problem. please fix it…!!!!

54. woner 7 months ago said:

What about Open Austria? We still waiting..

55. juanytoo 7 months ago said:

la actualización cuando llegara a colombia tengo mi I9505

56. himanshup 7 months ago said:

Would like to know if anyone has idea of when could I expect to see update for S4 I9505 for India. I bought the phone in USA.

57. mateusz1807 7 months ago said:

And still no update to open Poland :/

58. ahmedharb87 7 months ago said:

Hello i have Galaxy S4 JDQ39.I9500XXUBMG9 and i still 4.2.2 software and no update reach to my phone can anyone help me to explain why i couldn’t update me phone

59. tdrbgd87 7 months ago said:

When will get the 4.4.2 update my s4
    Model: GT-I9505
    Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
    Country: Unknown
    Version: Android 4.3
    Changelist: 2082040
    Build date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 06:20:53 +0000
    Product Code: XSB
    PDA: I9505XXUEMK9
    CSC: I9505OJVEMK4
    MODEM: I9505XXUEMK9

60. hoi_roy 7 months ago said:

There is still no upgrade for the Polish XEO i9505XXUEMK8.
    I see that some countries already get a second kitkat update.
    Any idea when the XEO update is to be expected or why it takes quite long?

61. indra1101 7 months ago said:

I tried to upgrade my S4 I9500 Indonesia (XSE), the phone is very very HOT than before (4.3), Battery drained crazily, and now I can’t overwrite my SDCard… Very very disappointed with this. Please, FIX theese SAMSUNG…

62. rcastilloec 7 months ago said:

Where can I find the official firmware for the international version of the galaxy I9500?

63. koseng1 7 months ago said:

fuck this upgrade, MEss up my wifi and BLuetooth and battery drains so fast. Bullshit!!!!! FIX THIS!!! im gonna throw my phone and switch to HTC instead!!!! AHOLES!!!!!