Posted by Faryaab S. 9 months ago

Samsung rolls out Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)

???????????

It looks like Samsung wants to update its last year’s flagship devices to the latest version of Android, 4.4.2 KitKat, before the release of its next flagship device, the Galaxy S5. After the Galaxy Note 3, Samsung has now started rolling out Android 4.4.2 KitKat to the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500).

The latest Android 4.4.2 update brings minor UI changes, the most noticeable change being the use of KitKat style white status bar icons instead of the multi-colour icons Samsung has been using in all of its devices until now. The phone has also received a performance boost with the latest update and there is an increase in benchmark scores, as well. Samsung has improved the lock-screen by adding a camera shortcut directly on to the lock-screen for quick access and while playing music the album art now shows up in full screen. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved for use in landscape mode, which makes gesture typing easy and much faster. Core Android 4.4.2 changes include: wireless printing, new emojis support, choice between stock messaging app and Hangouts for SMS/MMS, option for changing default launchers under settings, and more.

The software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don’t worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device.
SAMSUNG CSCTo update your Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung Kies or simply use Samsung’s OTA (over-the-air) service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.

Model: GT-I9500
Country: Russia
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 699287
Build date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:33:19 +0000
Product Code: SER
PDA: I9500XXUFNB3
CSC: I9500SERFNB3
MODEM: I9500XXUFNA6

All new Android 4.4 KitKat Firmwares for the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) are present in our Firmware Portal, as well. You can use our Firmware Portal to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you might be using a Custom ROM or if your country has not yet received the Android 4.4 KitKat update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the new update.

Screenshots

148 comments on “Samsung rolls out Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)

1. carcaliu 9 months ago said:

and for I9505 …???

2. srlunar 9 months ago said:

Más de uno va a ser feliz… :D

3. van_1104 9 months ago said:

Hi.am i still can downgrade after this update ? Thanks

4. srlunar 9 months ago said:

Más de uno será feliz :)

5. DeCex 9 months ago said:

Is T9 Keyboard back on the release?

6. rhylie 9 months ago said:

yang cepet yang dapet yang lalai ketinggalan

7. leboreiro123 9 months ago said:

Downloading at 225 kb/s .. 1:58 hours left T.T .. im so happy :D

8. eagleouss 9 months ago said:

screanshots from i9505, the update is for russia I9500XXUFNB3

9. gogolak 9 months ago said:

i9505 should follow up in a few hours i think:D god i am so happy

10. eagleouss 9 months ago said:

Screanshots are for I9505, the update is for Russia I9500XXUFNB3

11. NationGuettaTR 9 months ago said:

Still waiting for N9000Q Galaxy Note 3

12. bartekc00 9 months ago said:

Are there any reasons to release i9500 version before KK for i9505?

13. badboys27 9 months ago said:

When will the android 4.3 update for samsung Iran.
    enough is enough.
    Why can excludes Iran?

14. badboys27 9 months ago said:

What about Update 4.3 for Iran (THR) ????

• MoradSM 9 months ago said:

hi, I have Galaxy S5 G900H THR i have problem in found the original rom , can you help me to get samsung iran firmware.
      THR is alwayes late in update software it’s problem with iran roms

15. ansarcec 9 months ago said:

I9505 shown in screenshot and i9500 in content heading.. Confusing.. I don’t get anything when I search for OTA updates? Is this rolled out only via kies?

16. funkymanas 9 months ago said:

Downloading. India. Superb news this!!

17. badboys27 9 months ago said:

very goooooooooooooood

18. mytranx 9 months ago said:

Samsung-No.1 as always! Thank you.

19. agarsal 9 months ago said:

I always updated using Kies… What happen if I updated using Odin? Will my apps and data erase?

20. sameel26 9 months ago said:

has anyone tried this? is there any major change?

21. didofrgt10 9 months ago said:

Is it OK to install it on an Egyptian device? I mean will be all in Russian and no Arabic support? GSM network will work fine or not? Etc

22. advait4444 9 months ago said:

Yess atlast
    I9505 got leak earlier but i9500 got official earlier

23. angelcohen 9 months ago said:

Whta happend if i instal it on a gs4 branded (claro)?

24. deathmarkedlove 9 months ago said:

2 test firmware for i9505 and then they drop the firmware for the i9500 or is the article wrong?

I check kies and OTA in UK and nothing! =(

25. deathmarkedlove 9 months ago said:

We get 2 test firmwares for i9505 and now i9500 gets official release! Or is the article wrong? I have tried Kies and OTA in UK and nothing. Release times are rediculous. Holding back software in the hopes people will buy the newer model and then they screw you over a year later again anyway lol

26. killer58 9 months ago said:

finally downloading 15% now fast download thanks samsung :D Will give a review after flashing btw i am from middle east and this works only through odin not kies until now

27. ralmeida 9 months ago said:

I upgrade my account to premiun user and i get 39 Kbps to download!! wtf ???

28. munozgoncalves 9 months ago said:

GT-I9505?????????????????????????????????????

29. munozgoncalves 9 months ago said:

GT-I9505??????????????????????????????????????????????????CUANDO???????????????????IN EL VERANO 2020??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

30. munozgoncalves 9 months ago said:

In el verano 2025 saldra kitkat 4.4.2 para GT- I9505

31. reza karami 9 months ago said:

S4?
    Why doesn’t Samsung release Android 4.3 update for Iran (THR) Galaxy S4?
    It’s been 5 months since they started to release the updates. But still they did not release for Iran (THR) phones.
    For this reason I regret to buy Samsun

• mv_mao 9 months ago said:

Why don’t you use Odin?

• ashkan 9 months ago said:

عزیزم حواستون نیستا سامسونگ تحریم کرده ما رو.هنوز نوت 3 و نوت 10.1 2014 رو هم تو ایران گارانتی نکرده و فریم ور برا ایران نداره.از فیرم ور امارات و عربستان و عراق استفاده کنید فارسی هم داره هم منو فارسی هم کیبورد فارسی

• ashkan 9 months ago said:

من چون از منو فارسی استفاده نمیکنم اولین فریم ور رو دانلود میکنم و استفاده میکنم.الان از 4.3 روسیه دارم استفاده میگنم فردا هم 4.4.2 روسیه رو دانلود میکنم و نصب میکنم.منتظر رام ایران نباشید نمیاد

• bamzy1980 9 months ago said:

رام روسیه کیبرد فارسی داره؟

• ashkan 9 months ago said:

آره داره.به صورت پیشفرض روش نیست اما اگه به اینترنت وصل باشی پایین لیست زبان ها زبان فارسی و میاره که میزنی دانلود میکنه روش نصب می کنه اضافه میشه بهش.من 4.4.2 روسیه رو نصب کردم الان مشکلی هم ندارم

32. fakun20 9 months ago said:

no se puede descargar… server caido

33. ali.kaka 9 months ago said:

My product code is xxuemk8 . SER Russia. But when I check the uptades via OTA say latest firmware installed. What’s problem?

34. gonzalobici 9 months ago said:

A MI ME PARECE PERFECTO PARA NUESTRO S4 GTI 9505 SACARON TRES LEAK Y VAN BIEN Y AHORA LA OFICIAL PARA EL S4 9500, NO SE QUEJEN Y SI TIENEN PRISA PUES INSTALAN LA LEAK COMO YO DESDE ODIN

35. Joomlad27 9 months ago said:

are you fucking kidding me?? the i9500 before i9505? nice one samsung…. all we get are shitty leaks! hurry up!

• andzr 9 months ago said:

i think this is an honor thing or something like that, remember I9500 was launched first the the I9505.

• faraaz29 9 months ago said:

Sit down and shut the fuck up. Be patient. You make it seem like all of us who have the i9505 are frustrated little twats like you

36. andzr 9 months ago said:

I have 14hr dowloading, i hope this update works excellent! Someone already install the update?,if that it’s the case what are your first impressions?// 14 horas descargando, espero que fucione bien.¿Alguien ya la ha instalado, cuales son sus impresiones?

37. cnrp7777 9 months ago said:

What about for Note 2 GT-N7100 (Thailand) ? When android 4.4.2 come for note 2 ?

38. tollboy 9 months ago said:

@sammobile Some users in India reporting that, they started receiving 4.4.2 as OTA in their S4 (i9500).

Can you confirm that? I cant see the rom for India in firmware list yet.

Regards,
    A i9500 user from India

• funkymanas 9 months ago said:

Hi, yes I got the update OTA and the build number is i9500DDUFNA4. you might have to wait for a few more hours as the rollout is staggered usually and depends on the SI no.

39. ArminVB 9 months ago said:

Downloading at 550 kb/s… :))

40. fadel59 9 months ago said:

i want the AR copy ——————————————- ar

41. Eins Gaston 9 months ago said:

hi guys. This roms 4.4.2 has more fluidity, faster on and off the terminal. But it has many bugs.

42. hari2501 9 months ago said:

has ota update started rolling for i9500 in india?

a i9500 user from india hyd.

43. hari2501 9 months ago said:

if i download russian stock i9500 update and install on my indian phone after my indian updates are released can i make a switch? please reply,

44. jego03 9 months ago said:

Installed! Work in i9500 Colombia Movistar

45. haithamhaitham 9 months ago said:
  46. hisham gassoum 9 months ago said:

I hope if they fix the avilable storge 8.9 g.b

47. ivanlexpc 9 months ago said:

Where is the download link???

48. s2insider 9 months ago said:

They said it start to roll out 19 Feb but now not a single GT-I9500 showed up on Samfirmware Twitter (except the Russian 4.4.2 first release), only 4.2 on other device and 4.3 sh*t.

49. ali.kaka 9 months ago said:

Installed. But have some bugs including : bug in gallery, compare to android 4.3 photos after loading finished , photos still loading some times, another bug: in homescreen pull the notification down and then pull it up you can see black area on the back of battery and signal and etc shown for 1 second.
    Some features that missing compared to android 4.3 : hiding apps On the app list no longer available.

• amandeepsaini11 9 months ago said:

hidding apps was a nice option, but now i think samsung has removed that feature from new touchwiz….

50. ali.kaka 9 months ago said:

Another bug: on the video player :turn on air view and go to video player then hover over videos then you can see videos that has long names mark with blue sign but videos with short names doesn’t.

51. ali.kaka 9 months ago said:

Improvement : faster and better lockscreen. Better keyboard.much faster air view feature like in gallery and etc. Faster opening apps like gallery and contacts. Less usage of RAM and internal storage. Better performance as antutu benchmark increased from 24000 to 28900. Better multitasking. Minor UI change. And internal improvement android 4.4.2

Disadvantages: it isn’t bug free but bugs aren’t too annoying. Missing hiding apps from apps list. Some hiccups in gallery and scrolling on home screen. Gallery isn’t optimize yet ( although it’s faster than 4.3 but it has few bugs ). Missing eye icon on the status bar when smart stay or other smart feature is ON.

52. amandeepsaini11 9 months ago said:

find a problem or a bug i think, i.e now all third party applications can able to write data on external sd card….?
    check if some one facing this problem?????

• ali.kaka 9 months ago said:

Exactly. I have same issue.third party apps can’t able to write on External SD. For example :file expert app, when you back up an app , there will create no apk file . That’s a very very annoying bug

• swapnme 9 months ago said:

it aint a bug, its KitKat, and its lame GOOGLE, it was partially there from ICS but Sammy did a workaround this time around they are going to stop messing with GOOGLE’s Android, and thus even they are launching S5 tomorrow in MWC and not in a separate event!

• mytranx 9 months ago said:

The same external SD writing error for 3rd party applications. Except for this, it works nearly perfect

53. hisham gassoum 9 months ago said:

Some time my internet explorer frozen
    I have get out and come again to make it work
    Does any one have same Problem

54. carlosandres 9 months ago said:

The phone is getting overheat, no immersive mode, no ART, BATTERY DRAIN!, Lockscreen still no have access to widgets doring pattern lock, or pin. i did a clean installation, and there is no significative changes… the only improve that i have seen is the landscape keyboard, and the color optimization.

• funkymanas 9 months ago said:

Trust me, the battery drain is due to Google Now’s latest update. trying switching it off and see the difference.

55. gautam1127 9 months ago said:

Update now available in indai

56. dhchauhan382 9 months ago said:

Guys check out update now available in india from 12 pm onwards from today through ota

57. s2insider 9 months ago said:

We’ll see from those who got India version, please report that you encountered any problem like those who use Russia version.

• mv_mao 9 months ago said:

Probably the same bugs. is basically the same version…

• s2insider 9 months ago said:

I think so too. I think I’ll wait till next week for more information, my Thailand firmware is very far in queue too but I’m thinking about flashing India firmware(Neighbor firmware) but I doubt if there’s any problem.

• s2insider 9 months ago said:

I think so too. I’ll wait until next week for more information, my Thailand firmware is very far in queue too. I’m thinking about flashing India firmware(Neighbor firmware) because I uses English language anyway but I doubts if there will be any problem.

• s2insider 9 months ago said:

Sorry for double post. Internet connection is messing up…

• mv_mao 9 months ago said:

Yeap. I’m waiting for the Brazilian OTA or any country closer. Once I tried a russian for a friand i9070 and it wasn’t ok (no Portuguese Brazil, only Portugal and another issues).

But when spain, UK, or any south america appear, I’ll try.

58. tarak_sarkar 9 months ago said:

Am from Delhi India, and I have got the 4.4.2 update on last friday from OTA

59. advait4444 9 months ago said:

Hey guys anyone here having extremely slow charging after kitkat update.
    Only 20% in 2hrs. Please help what to do

60. mhmhafniyaas 9 months ago said:

Hi guys,

I have a question for those users who have already updated their phones to the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Samsung (not custom ROMs). Are you experiencing any issues accessing your SD cards? Any problems with trying to delete or rename or modify, etcc… a file in “App B” which was created in “App A”? Any disadvantages with updating from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean to Android 4.4.2 KitKat?

• mytranx 9 months ago said:

Yes. I have the writing issue of external SD card for some of 3rd party’s applications. I have not ever experienced such thing when flashing so many stock roms from 4.2.2 till 4.3. Do hope SS will resove it soon as this is a major issue that may downgrade the value of Kitkat OS.

61. ahmed5_27 9 months ago said:

I hope the updates for uae come quickly as you can please

62. carlosandres 9 months ago said:

The phone is getting overheat, no immersive mode, no ART, exagerated BATTERY DRAINs!, Lockscreen still no have access to widgets during pattern lock, or pin. i did a clean installation, and there is no significative changes… the only improve that i have seen is the landscape keyboard, and the color optimization.

• funkymanas 9 months ago said:

63. samhakosem 9 months ago said:

This ver with a loot of bugs.

64. androidreddy143 9 months ago said:

I am facing MTP issue after upgrade to Kitkat.. PC is not detecting MTP mode.

Tried below:
    ============
    1) I have re-installed drivers (USB)
    2) I have uninstalled everything related to Kies3
    3) Tried install automatically. no luck

Please share your thoughts about this case if you have come across this.

thanks

65. GTMRhinox 9 months ago said:

Guys I’m living in Kerala and still haven’t got any OTA update! I even tried connecting to kies and still it says i’m on latest firmware!! What to do?

66. golf00962 9 months ago said:
  67. Fatal1ty87 9 months ago said:

I’ve upgraded to 4.4.2 and I’m in South Africa. After the update I can’t connect to the network. Please Help!!!

• Oxynaut 9 months ago said:

Hi.

Which network and which country version of kit kat?

I’m on vodacom running the russian on. Noticed the battery drains quicker than before. Will try and flash another one.

68. adeeb12345 9 months ago said:

When will the update be release for middle east countries. specifically in kuwait

69. mohammadreza73 9 months ago said:

Please make it available for Iran sooooon :$

70. mv_mao 9 months ago said:

Update in other countries too slow! Maybe they have some problems with this update. i9505 rolled out after and already have OTA in Brazil! i9500 nothing!

71. bhavik023 9 months ago said:

after updating to 4.4.2 kitkat, alarm notification doesn’t work with s-view cover closed. The slider to snooze/turn off the alarm doesn’t appear in the s-view window instead it has shifted just below the window (can see by opening the cover slightly)

72. Aquaboyz 9 months ago said:

Android Kit Kat for S4 (i9500) is now available in Malaysia. thanks Samsung.

73. spaneru 9 months ago said:

i didnt get kitkat update in my S4 (I9500) in Nepal yet, please confirm whether the kitkat update is available in Nepal or not?

74. aminbardfard 9 months ago said:

When the update is released for Iran?
    Model i9500
    I’m living in Tehran.

75. mv_mao 9 months ago said:

KK 4.4.2 in Brazil OTA finally!!!

76. timothy123 9 months ago said:

Hi Everybody, Im From South Africa and We all Here are having problems with note 3 Firmware version 4.3 Wifi will Not Detect and Scan And if it does Scan an Available network when we enter the password.It still Just Bombs out and Doesnt Connect.Samsung Says in South Africa That Untill Version 4.4.2 gets released here those errors will be fixed.If i Download version 4.4.2 KIT KAT from any other country over sammobile ,and load on Device using ODIN3.Will these errors be fixed??

77. gogot 9 months ago said:

hola les hago una consulta acabo de actualisarlo y me quede si señal de mi operador. pleaseee muchas graciassss

78. adolf88 9 months ago said:

BUGS:1.go to application manager then go to running tab and you see remaining RAM bottom of screen. Then touch right side of “Ram” then you can see the bug! (Swithech to cached process)
    2. In home screen ( every screen which back of notification area isn’t black) then just scroll down the notification and then scroll up you can see the black level remains for 1 second.
    Missing features: 1. Hiding apps on app drawer.
    2. Slow speed when in app drawer and pressing menu.
    3. Eye icon is shown just when smart feauturea going to active

79. adolf88 9 months ago said:

Another BUG : active multiwindow and run two apps for example chrome and whats app then tap create for creating these windows . Ok now uninstall whats app then go to multiwindow tray and you can see the bug!

80. vicmaflores 9 months ago said:

Hola que tal este post ya tiene varios días incluso meses de q salio, poseo un S4 I9500 y aun no obtengo la version 4.4.2 Kitkat ….. alguien me puede ayudar?????

Saludos….. :D

81. sweneesh 9 months ago said:

sir

my samsung gt-i900 made in vietnam
    am updated to 4.4.2 india version. After updating showing emergency calls only please help me

82. Brahim idou 9 months ago said:

June 2014 and Still unvailable in Morocco.
    Galaxy s4 (I9500)

83. ali66210 9 months ago said:

Please update Galaxy S 4 i9192 4.4.2

84. nabilove007 9 months ago said:

Please the wifi doesn’t work anymore what to do i really need it :/