Posted by Abhijeet M. 6 months ago

Concept-of-Samsung-Galaxy-S5

As we continue to inch closer to the supposed unveiling of the Galaxy S5 at MWC, the flagship phone has once again made an appearance in the wild, this time in the AnTuTu benchmark database. Well, nowhere is it mentioned that the particular device is the S5, but the presence of a 16-megapixel camera does hint at the possibility, as does the latest version of Android (Android 4.4.2 KitKat.) Unfortunately, the display is still touted as a 1080p unit, though we’re pretty sure this is just a case of Samsung testing early versions without the QHD (2,560×1,440) display, which should make it to the final version of the company’s highly anticipated flagship.

The processor used is a Snapdragon 800 with Adreno 330 graphics – again, the phone should sport a Snapdragon 805 upon launch, and the fact that the benchmark lists 2 GB of RAM is a good indication of the fact that the particular device that was tested on AnTuTu is running pre-final hardware (the Note 3 has 3 GB of RAM, and it’s pretty certain the Galaxy S5 will, too.) Even with the pre-final hardware, the handset beats the Galaxy Note 3 and other non-Samsung flagships, likely because it’s running on KitKat and (hopefully) because of some optimization that Samsung has added to its software.

antutu-s5-16-mp-7

antutu-s5-16-mp-6

antutu-s5-16-mp-5

antutu-s5-16-mp-4

antutu-s5-16-mp-3

antutu-s5-16-mp-2

antutu-s5-16-mp-1

Via | Source

10 comments on “Possible Galaxy S5 model appears in AnTuTu benchmark with 1080p display, 16MP camera

1. lilskells 6 months ago said:

this will most likely be a s4 mini or the next galaxy zoom it will only have a 4.58 inch screen

• Phoenix2 6 months ago said:

I have to agree here, the numbers do seem to suggest a screen size of <4.6 inches, which is smaller than what we expect.
      Also, if we're truly looking at the S5 here, it doesn't make much sense to me that a temperature sensor isn't supported… The S4 and Note 3 came with ambient temp sensors for S Health (if I rememer correctly), and judging from previous leaks, the S5 will still have S Health.

And finally, I'm willing to wager that Samsung would use the Snapdragon 805, not the 800, for their LTE flagship.

2. Beskovnik 6 months ago said:

I hope that they will built better processor than Tegra K1 .

3. gtone339 6 months ago said:

Could be the standard GS5 model?

4. brane871 6 months ago said:

This is not the S5 not even one of its models. It is lacking sensors. This is some new smaller device with the standard 800 processor that all of the 2014 models will have but not the high end ones.

5. descargaasaco 6 months ago said:

Abhijeet M. when you wrote “Unfortunately, the display is still touted as a 1080p unit,” you just gave a proof that shows that you don’t know much about hardware and software of mobile device.

It’s totally absurd to use a QHD panel for a device with a 5″ screen because it’s impossible to tell any difference on such small screen.
    If you see any difference between a 5″ QHD screen and a 5″ 1080p screen it’s because the kind of technology used (i.e Amoled, LCD and so on) not because the different resolution.

It would be a really good thing if they release the phone with 1080p screen instead of QHD because the performance would be better.

The only bad thing about using a FullHD panel instead a QHD one is that Samsung wouldn’t be able to brag out on advertisments

• Abhijeet M. 6 months ago said:

Uh, no, I do know about technology, and I do know 1080p is enough. But if you keep saying “this isn’t needed and that isn’t needed,” you won’t see much advancement in tech. But in this case, I meant it more as the fact that it’s a 1080p unit in test models despite the phone being expected to sport a QHD display.

• zzzaac 6 months ago said:

Have such high resolution is not worth it, especially since battery technology is so behind.

I rather they refine AMOLED, things like making the screeb Non-pentile and making it possible to see better during sunny days.

QHD is more or less a gimmick at this point, and if it does affect battery life, it’s a no for me

6. KOTya21 6 months ago said:

Good day to all. I do not see anything special in terms Tsikh benchmark because my Note 3 of Exynos 5 Octa 5420 in this benchmark gained 36,614 given in tunktah such as: Runtime (2112/3613) RAM speed (1661/2346); 2D hrafitss (1646 / 1652) and database I / O (675/685) loses Note 3 of the database. Therefore prevail that it is too early to judge the capabilities of the new flagship Galaxy series.

7. muhammadnajmi96 6 months ago said:

I don’t think this will be Galaxy S5 , beside lacking the sensors , it’s also has higher ppi which is 480 , which I know that Galaxy S5 will have a larger screen than S4 which is >5 inch , I think this will be a variant of Galaxy S5 . Smaller screen , I think whether S5 Active or S5 Zoom