Samsung Galaxy S III receiving Android 4.3 update in India (I9300XWUGML4)

The Galaxy S III is finally receiving the Android 4.3 update in India, more than a month after the update started rolling out in the US and a few other regions. The OTA update (build I9300XWUGML4) comes in at around 408 MB, and brings with it compatibility with the Galaxy Gear (though the smartwatch’s high cost in the country might make this feature not-so-useful for most), improved performance, new camera modes, updated interface, and more.

Here’s the full changelog:

• - GALAXY GEAR Support
  • - TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
  • - Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
  • - New Samsung Keyboard
  • - GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
  • - New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
  • - New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
  • - Daydream
  • - Driving mode
  • - Actionable notifications
  • - Move-to-SD-card feature
  • - New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
  • - New Additions in Notification Centre
  • - Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
  • - Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
  • - New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
  • - Full screen Samsung apps
  • - New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)

As usual, it might be a few days before the update reaches your device, though the rollout should complete within a week. Those unwilling to wait can do a manual check in the Settings » About phone » Software updates menu, check through Kies, or download the firmware from our firmware section and update manually.

Oh, and before you ask when the update will arrive in other countries, keep in mind that that’s something no one can tell you but Samsung, but sadly, Samsung doesn’t really offer any info on its schedule, so you’ll simply have to be patient about it.

Firmware news 87

1 year 3 months ago

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT I9300 FR AR TUR EN 4.3 usb debugging

1 year 3 months ago

how can i get the file name ” I9300XWUGML4_I9300ODDGML4_INU “.

1 year 5 months ago

Guys….My phones CSC is i9300OJVGNB3 runs in jb 4.3.
I bought it from middle east. Now am using it in india.
My doubt is that can I flash an INU rom into this model.
I need to reflash the phone with jb 4.3. Pls reply…

1 year 7 months ago

where is update for iran?

1 year 8 months ago

Can your Update GT-I9260 to Android 4.3?

1 year 9 months ago

4.3 Does Iran have?

1 year 10 months ago

when is samsung gonna roll out update in Australia its one largest selling samsung mobile country plezz make it fast

1 year 10 months ago

guys if you don’t know how to use a android smartphone than keep aside.
Android is a mini computer it will of course drain ur battery secondly many google support app run in background n which u r nt using that to will run so jus disabled the app which is in build and you are not using.
go into setting>>application manger>>click on app which u r nt using option will be thr disable click on it.
And samsung S3 is just simply a awesome n superb cell which samsung has launch its new android 4.3 bit laggy but exceptionally awesome.

1 year 10 months ago

can i update my i9300 in united arab emirates with india 4.3 update. please advice

1 year 10 months ago

Cyanogenmod 10.2 (android 4.3 )also has the lagging issue also camera bug………bt Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) is flaw less
4.3 is very buggy

1 year 10 months ago

I flashed 4.3(india) using ODIN. …..everything is fine…….bt UI animations are very laggy…..I think I screwed my phone …..switching to Cyanogenmod….

1 year 10 months ago

when will 4.3 update for Malaysia comes out??? Its been a long time since 4.3 for S3 released but not a single update for Malaysia’s firmware.. T-T zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Burak Mahmut

Please Turkey update

1 year 10 months ago

i got the galaxy s3 from uae as a gift and i am using it in india and looks like all the indians got the update and not me……and my product code is xsg and i like to change to any indian product code… can any1 please help me…………

1 year 10 months ago

connect with kies and download the original firmware for india.

1 year 10 months ago

Ya i am having the same problem. On day one it was fine but now i have used it for few days i hv noticed significant drainage of battery even while calling or texting smone…samsung sucks man….this is my last samsung phone….

1 year 10 months ago

After 4.3 update on S3 (I9300 – India), battery drains a lot even on Standby Mode. At night after Disabling Data & Sync, Block mode Enabled, battery drains to 16% from 65% in just 8 hours. Any of you facing same issues, please comment.

1 year 10 months ago

Got notified about the update OTA, but due to the long uncertain download I chose to download the firmware and flash via odin.

So far looks good. No issues or lag. Getting all the new features as mentioned above. Slightly disappointed with the camera. I somehow wanted more features although it was confirmed that s3 wont be getting a camera overhaul in this update.

Tabbed settings and voice controls are nice; so is Move-to-SD card feature and improvements to notification panel and lock screen. Daydream is mostly a gimmick for a phone, may be more useful on a tablet.

Cant comment on battery and performance so early but hoping to see some improvement. Phone definitely feels faster.

1 year 10 months ago

I want to check my phone when the update will come?is there any difference between checking the settings about phone and samsung kies?
Because I don’t use samsung kies.
I mean when update comes to my country does it comes earlier in samsung kies than settings about phone or they are the same?

1 year 10 months ago

Its cool… however mobile works slower when connected to wifi.
Musicplayer UI changes are good…
Apps are working smoother than before..
Touch responses are better but it has a lag when connected to wifi…
Multi window is working better….

1 year 10 months ago

I tried doing OTA update for my S3 and sfter downloading it the ph did not start at all and had to flash my phone to JB using odin and then my ph started and after that did not get network in my phone. Now again updating using kies. Wat the hell is wrong with samsung that they cant manage the updates properly like apple does.

1 year 10 months ago

1-how can i find from which country is my phone’s rom???
2-does samsung gives update for iran???

1 year 10 months ago

when you connect your phone via kies the last 3 digits in the firmware says where is ur phone from……….

1 year 10 months ago

Samsung releases updates for all countries but unfortunately not at same time like apple. So just connect the phone via kies and check if you have any updates for firmware. If not then just wait for some more time.

1 year 10 months ago

Hi frnds i am from india updated my s3 yesterday to jellybean 4.3.
There are no issues which were seen initially like battery drain, wifi problem.
Battery working normally, much more smoother and faster then before.
And yes love the new appearence…

1 year 10 months ago

I m from India and I m using Saudi Arabian s3 do should I wait till Arabian update roll out or any other solution to me plz help me guys

1 year 10 months ago

i have the same problem and trying to work on it……if i get any luk in updating my s3 i wil let you know….

PEASE HELP!!! My S3 is not starting after 4.3 upgrade! :(

1 year 10 months ago

boot in recovery mode and do factory rest. Let me know if this helps.

1 year 10 months ago

como puedo instalar el firmware de india? con que odin? ayudenme por favor.. gracias!