Posted by Abhijeet M. 3 months ago

Samsung Galaxy S III receiving Android 4.3 update in India (I9300XWUGML4)

S4-I9500-4.3

The Galaxy S III is finally receiving the Android 4.3 update in India, more than a month after the update started rolling out in the US and a few other regions. The OTA update (build I9300XWUGML4) comes in at around 408 MB, and brings with it compatibility with the Galaxy Gear (though the smartwatch’s high cost in the country might make this feature not-so-useful for most), improved performance, new camera modes, updated interface, and more.

Here’s the full changelog:

• - GALAXY GEAR Support
  • - TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
  • - Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
  • - New Samsung Keyboard
  • - GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
  • - New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
  • - New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
  • - Daydream
  • - Driving mode
  • - Actionable notifications
  • - Move-to-SD-card feature
  • - New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
  • - New Additions in Notification Centre
  • - Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
  • - Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
  • - New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
  • - Full screen Samsung apps
  • - New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)

As usual, it might be a few days before the update reaches your device, though the rollout should complete within a week. Those unwilling to wait can do a manual check in the Settings » About phone » Software updates menu, check through Kies, or download the firmware from our firmware section and update manually.

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Android-4.3-India1

Oh, and before you ask when the update will arrive in other countries, keep in mind that that’s something no one can tell you but Samsung, but sadly, Samsung doesn’t really offer any info on its schedule, so you’ll simply have to be patient about it.

Source

84 comments on “Samsung Galaxy S III receiving Android 4.3 update in India (I9300XWUGML4)

1. desx 3 months ago said:

Turkey is a big country in the world. It’s stated between Europe and Asia. Population of the country is 75 million. Ankara is the capital city of Turkey.

Samsung forgot our country then I wanna remember, there is a country waited for an Android 4.3 update for SGS III.

• Abhijeet M. 3 months ago said:

Um, India’s population is 1.2 billion. Sure, most of them don’t have the S3, but that holds true for Turkey as well. ;) Be patient, the update will arrive when it has to.

• berkaytunali 3 months ago said:

Well you have no idea about how popular the Galaxy S3s in here, Samsung behaves us like a 3th world country and gives nothing.

• berkaytunali 3 months ago said:
        • s14sh3r 3 months ago said:

I live in the rural US and my phone company has the i9300. We haven’t gotten updates yet either. I think Samsung is thinking the i9300 is 3rd world. Luckily, I found ArchiDroid and am running his 4.3 ROM and loving it.

• bkherallah 3 months ago said:

Buddy just accept the fact that Samsung spends more money on advertising than actually buying new servers to roll out updates as fast as Apple. They haven’t released it in all of the Middle East either, and if you go to UAE you’ll see that more than half the people there use smartphones.

Updates always take 2 months for Samsung, and it sucks, but if you’re that impatient just download another country’s version from this website and flash it on your phone.

• ysava 3 months ago said:
    • Millenium3 3 months ago said:

Now talk about Latin America… the closest Samsung has gotten is to give one firmware for Brazil, no more around… Whole South America, only 1 firmware till now.

2. desx 3 months ago said:

3. hangelov 3 months ago said:

please update for france XEF, I buy galaxy gear and i cant use.

• Yosuatel 3 months ago said:

Not that France XEF for phone companies let out of last place for all European countries outside the companies already have update. Samsun and want this update 4.3

4. umeshrajput2305 3 months ago said:

I updated this morning in India.

I wonder i never saw the Knox app support

5. fabianokbr 3 months ago said:

ANT+ support is impossible for the S3, it’s a hardware limitation. And there’s no Knox support in this ROM (information from users in XDA)

6. gtone339 3 months ago said:

I rather wait for 4.4.2 Kitkat instead…

7. zafarsajal 3 months ago said:

My s3 i9300 does not support knox security

8. mdrif9 3 months ago said:

ya got it yesterday noon. . working great. . love it .. bt one thing missing , the new weather widget :(

9. jonahan 3 months ago said:

OpenGL ES 3.0 ???

10. pawanchopra 3 months ago said:

when samsung update samsung galaxy tab 2 p3100 in india in 4.2.2 and 4.3

11. vinay007ahlawat 3 months ago said:

todays iz my birthday …nd it seems like bday gift for me…4.3 for s3 India working smoothly no crashes….nothing else …good btry life…new ui …vry hpy…waited long for 4.3 …and got updated my phone on my bday…:):):) m lovin’ it :*

• arshamatonyan 3 months ago said:

till you will notice that your phone hangs then you receive calls and cant switch to home menu because your phone is busy doing something. Happy Birthday

12. cbsmano 3 months ago said:

Small doubt i bought my s3 from oman nd using it in india ,will i get the 4.3 updte or else i should wait fr mre smetimes

13. mdmohinpasha 3 months ago said:

Everything went smooth during installation, but when playing music in inbuilt mp3 player it stucks or skips some bits of the song and resumes again after sometime……., is it a bug…!, if it is please fix it…

• zukri90 3 months ago said:

Just something to tell you. Sammobile is not Samsung Electronics. Have a good day.

P.S. They’ll fix it with an incremental update. Just be patient.

14. snthsh2 3 months ago said:

Don’t worry… I had the same issues earlier… even the lag in the lock screen… whenever you lock the screen only music starts skipping. After a few days the problem corrected itself… It plays smoothly… Just be patient. From my S3 on 4.3 in India

15. eminem1990 3 months ago said:

hey samsung you know smart rotation not work!?

you know gallery open slowly?

please check in next roms

16. narrahari 3 months ago said:

when trying update 4.3 its showing failed to run firmware upgrade . unknown error occurred. wht i have to do now can help me with this

17. Franz54 3 months ago said:

And France?????????????

18. ysava 3 months ago said:

Turkey is developed country. Turkey is not Third Country. Be fair for us. We want update just in time

19. kunthu 3 months ago said:

I don’t know why but I did not receive any update over the air
    It says that the latest firmware had already been installed
    Any help

20. codebreaker 3 months ago said:

Everyone still waiting for their OTA android 4.3 update and here i am enjoying my 4.4 kitkat s3

21. mohdhaziqsb 3 months ago said:

For Malaysia?

22. richie7646 3 months ago said:

is it available on certain baseband version i did nt reciveved it yet on ota as well as on kies

23. hunggalaxy 3 months ago said:

Không thể tin được, Samsung họ đã đưa ra rất nhiều tin tức ve cập nhật 4.3 từ quý 2 trong năm mà đến bây giờ chúng tôi chưa hề nhận được bản cập nhật. Tôi rất thất vọng

24. jinesh12 3 months ago said:

Thank You Samsung and Sammobile…!! I was terribly waiting for 4.3 and i updated my phone the day of release itself via Kies… Till now no issues.. Good Battery Life.. Loving the new API also… <3

25. anidale99 3 months ago said:

Everything is fine, but disappointed with the same old weather widget and no light flare effect in lockscreen. was expecting light effect in lockscreen… but anyways device is running much more smoother than ever.. u can find all these in grand, why not in s3?

• rahulphillip 3 months ago said:

Same case.. i use to get excited whenevr thr was an update while on 4.1.2 just to see the light effect lock screen. That was the only feature i was waiting for, EAGERLY!
      And finally last night at 11:23 i received this update of 407.99 MB when i was just about to dose off.. and on seeing this, i managed to get up and started downloading it (thanx to the fact that i have unlimited data plan on my wifi).. and at around 12.15 i was done with it, installed it and Voilà! i dint bother to see any screen widgets, icons, wallpaper, or the new setting UI but fiddled to the lock screen settings and what a disappointment, same lock screens, and in the unlock effect, there is only:
      1) None
      2) Ripple
      I mean, wow!! WHAT THE HELL???
      Vexed!!

• anidale99 3 months ago said:

Yup thats annoying!!

• lfo 3 months ago said:

really sucks. some features really missing. Samsung does this more often we don’t the reasons. Even I thought this update will include new weather widget, lock screen and knox but they didn’t include.This features are from samsung not related to OS but no idea s duos 2 supports everything which is under 11000.00 but I bought new S3 last week but it sucks it doesn’t support this features.I hope they will include it next update but not sure. they will forget about old handsets and concentrate on new one more and the reason they didn’t provide any updates after 4.1.2 is to increase the sales of s4 so now s4 sales gone down then they release this update so that it wont effect s4 sales.

26. ashifpm 3 months ago said:

I bought my S3 from saudi arabiya. But I am in india. The csc code is JV. Indian csc code is DD. This update for india. When I would get android 4.3 update. Is it possible to receive OTA Update in india? Pls help me.

27. rehanmohammed 3 months ago said:

i updated my device to Android 4.3 via odin and it started giving me problems with the battery. takes a lot time to charge and few hours to discharge. else wise it is a great update. but this issue freaks me out cuz in Android 4.1.2 my phone’s battery was working great…

28. coolmmp 3 months ago said:

i m living in india but my phone GT i9300 form France(XEF).
    pleaseeeeeeeeeee update 4.3 in France(XEF)

• Yosuatel 3 months ago said:

Lots of desperate people waiting for this update, it is a shame that a country like France todabia no longer have the vesion 4.3.

29. coolmmp 3 months ago said:

Who one knows when S3 GT-i9300 France(XEF) getting updates 4.3?

30. deepakdeep 3 months ago said:

Its a Lie, I am from India but didnt receive the update yet.

31. jayanathkarunarathna 3 months ago said:

Hi got the update and upgraded successfully. Some impressive UI improvements.But very disappoint to see that no improvement in galaxy camera.Still broken spot metering issue exists.

32. hangelov 3 months ago said:

samsung make 1 update for all countries ,,it not fair i wait too long time for XEF

33. joyner 3 months ago said:

como puedo instalar (I9300XWUGML4)? podrian ayudarme por favor.

34. Nazrul Islam 3 months ago said:

Before I Update My S3 With First Release Of 4.3 ( United Kingdom ) Using Odin. But It Give Me Lock Screen Problem. For This Region I Go Back To 4.1.2. Now This Or Other 4.3 Have Same Problem ? Or No Problem ?

No OTA Update For My Country. I Need To Update Using ODIN.Is It Any Problem ?

Best Regard

35. joyner 3 months ago said:

como puedo instalar el firmware de india? con que odin? ayudenme por favor.. gracias!

36. trmalhotra 3 months ago said:

PEASE HELP!!! My S3 is not starting after 4.3 upgrade! :(

37. maddy996 3 months ago said:

I m from India and I m using Saudi Arabian s3 do should I wait till Arabian update roll out or any other solution to me plz help me guys

• rayboy 3 months ago said:

i have the same problem and trying to work on it……if i get any luk in updating my s3 i wil let you know….

38. mrxyzlove 3 months ago said:

Hi frnds i am from india updated my s3 yesterday to jellybean 4.3.
    There are no issues which were seen initially like battery drain, wifi problem.
    Battery working normally, much more smoother and faster then before.
    And yes love the new appearence…

39. shmetal 3 months ago said:

1-how can i find from which country is my phone’s rom???
    2-does samsung gives update for iran???

• pranav.amrutkar 3 months ago said:

Samsung releases updates for all countries but unfortunately not at same time like apple. So just connect the phone via kies and check if you have any updates for firmware. If not then just wait for some more time.

• rayboy 3 months ago said:

when you connect your phone via kies the last 3 digits in the firmware says where is ur phone from……….

40. pranav.amrutkar 3 months ago said:

I tried doing OTA update for my S3 and sfter downloading it the ph did not start at all and had to flash my phone to JB using odin and then my ph started and after that did not get network in my phone. Now again updating using kies. Wat the hell is wrong with samsung that they cant manage the updates properly like apple does.

41. raj_s3 3 months ago said:

Its cool… however mobile works slower when connected to wifi.
    Musicplayer UI changes are good…
    Apps are working smoother than before..
    Touch responses are better but it has a lag when connected to wifi…
    Multi window is working better….

42. shmetal 3 months ago said:

I want to check my phone when the update will come?is there any difference between checking the settings about phone and samsung kies?
    Because I don’t use samsung kies.
    I mean when update comes to my country does it comes earlier in samsung kies than settings about phone or they are the same?

43. drjemshid 3 months ago said:

Got notified about the update OTA, but due to the long uncertain download I chose to download the firmware and flash via odin.

So far looks good. No issues or lag. Getting all the new features as mentioned above. Slightly disappointed with the camera. I somehow wanted more features although it was confirmed that s3 wont be getting a camera overhaul in this update.

Tabbed settings and voice controls are nice; so is Move-to-SD card feature and improvements to notification panel and lock screen. Daydream is mostly a gimmick for a phone, may be more useful on a tablet.

Cant comment on battery and performance so early but hoping to see some improvement. Phone definitely feels faster.

44. priteshpalan 3 months ago said:

After 4.3 update on S3 (I9300 – India), battery drains a lot even on Standby Mode. At night after Disabling Data & Sync, Block mode Enabled, battery drains to 16% from 65% in just 8 hours. Any of you facing same issues, please comment.

45. mrxyzlove 3 months ago said:

Ya i am having the same problem. On day one it was fine but now i have used it for few days i hv noticed significant drainage of battery even while calling or texting smone…samsung sucks man….this is my last samsung phone….

46. rayboy 3 months ago said:

i got the galaxy s3 from uae as a gift and i am using it in india and looks like all the indians got the update and not me……and my product code is xsg and i like to change to any indian product code…..so can any1 please help me…………

47. Burak Mahmut 3 months ago said:

Please Turkey update

48. shawfiq88 3 months ago said:

when will 4.3 update for Malaysia comes out??? Its been a long time since 4.3 for S3 released but not a single update for Malaysia’s firmware.. T-T zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

49. akash561 3 months ago said:

I flashed 4.3(india) using ODIN. …..everything is fine…….bt UI animations are very laggy…..I think I screwed my phone …..switching to Cyanogenmod….

50. akash561 3 months ago said:

Cyanogenmod 10.2 (android 4.3 )also has the lagging issue also camera bug………bt Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) is flaw less
    4.3 is very buggy

51. dipeshbhatt 3 months ago said:

can i update my i9300 in united arab emirates with india 4.3 update. please advice

52. chirag90 3 months ago said:

guys if you don’t know how to use a android smartphone than keep aside.
    Android is a mini computer it will of course drain ur battery secondly many google support app run in background n which u r nt using that to will run so jus disabled the app which is in build and you are not using.
    go into setting>>application manger>>click on app which u r nt using option will be thr disable click on it.
    And samsung S3 is just simply a awesome n superb cell which samsung has launch its new android 4.3 bit laggy but exceptionally awesome.

53. yahiyakhan69 3 months ago said:

when is samsung gonna roll out update in Australia its one largest selling samsung mobile country plezz make it fast

54. fardin1369 3 months ago said:

4.3 Does Iran have?

55. RothThana 3 months ago said:

Can your Update GT-I9260 to Android 4.3?

56. ferdig 3 months ago said:

where is update for iran?