Posted by Michael R. 10 months ago

Samsung’s ChatON messenger app gets SMS and MMS support

chaton-logo

Google recently added the option to view SMS on a device via the Hangouts app (which was earlier called Talk), a feature that had been requested by Android users for quite some time. Well, Samsung decided it needed to do the same for its own chat app – the Korean firm’s ChatON messaging app has received an update that adds both SMS and MMS support for Samsung devices on Android 4.0 and above.

Text messages exchanged with a user will be shown along with those sent over the internet in a combined chat list, though I was personally unable to see how this works since neither me or my friends ever use ChatON. The update is available on the Play Store and on Samsung Apps, though for now Samsung mentions that it works best on the Galaxy S III, S4, Note II, and Note 3.

Google Play Link

Via

9 comments on “Samsung’s ChatON messenger app gets SMS and MMS support

1. sdrew56 10 months ago said:

Might be useful if my S3 actually worked but since the 4.3 update just using normal functions is difficult, Come on Samsung get your finger out and sort it ASAP.

2. francis820 10 months ago said:

SMS/MMS feature is only available in Germany and Brazil.

3. Sp1tfire 10 months ago said:

Actually, if you read the “what’s new section” of ChatOn in Google Play, they say it’s only available for Germany and Brazil for now. I updated the app and I couldn’t find anything different and no option to send SMS instead of ChatOn messages.

4. syedej123 10 months ago said:

Hahahah.

” I was personally unable to see how this works since neither me or my friends ever use ChatON ”

Abhijeet Rocked , reader Shocked :P

5. marcobarcelon 10 months ago said:

Great .. now I have a reason to use this ..
    =)

6. wventura23 10 months ago said:

I already updated my S3, and is working pretty good. I thought the new version of ChatOn very useful.Finally I a reason to use it. ;)