Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) receives official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update

The wait is finally over! Samsung has just started rolling out Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105). It’s been a long time since Samsung updated the Galaxy Note II to a new version of Android. The Galaxy Note II launched with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box and even today the Galaxy Note II is running the exact same version of Android. Samsung never updated the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II to Android 4.2.2 and even also never internally tested a single Android 4.2.2 build for the Note II.

Galaxy Note II users will be pleased to know that the Android 4.3 update is very stable, way more than Galaxy S III’s official update, and it’s amazingly fast as well. There are quite a lot of changes and improvements in the new Android 4.3 firmware over Android 4.1.2. Samsung has completely changed the core UI to the one found on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, even the setting app has been completely overhauled with a new tabbed interface. The new update also brings support for the Galaxy Gear, Samsung KNOX and Samsung Wallet. Samsung doesn’t provide an official change log for its updates but after testing a few internal builds and this official one, we can give you folks our own list of changes and improvements we have noticed.

CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Samsung KNOX
- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- Better RAM management
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Daydream
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
- Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
NoteII-4.3-Official
The new software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don’t worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device.

To keep track of the countries and carriers receiving the new Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) update for the Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105), check out our live feed below:

To update your Galaxy Note II LTE to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.

Model: GT-N7105
Country: Nordic countries
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2118172
Build date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 02:40:44 +0000
Product Code: NEE
PDA: N7105XXUEMK5
CSC: N7105NEEEMK1
MODEM: N7105XXUEMJ9

All new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmwares for the Galaxy Note II LTE (GT-N7105) are present in our Firmware Section, as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you might be using a Custom ROM or if your country has not yet received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update.

SCREENSHOTS (N7100XXUEMK4)

Firmware news 47

Amr El Shimy
1 year 7 months ago

When does it arrive to KSA?

Brunix30
1 year 7 months ago

Hi guy’s! After updating my Galaxy Note II (GT-N7105) for android 4.3 Jelly Bean I have detected an issue, the screen turns on every minute.
Can anyone help me solve this problem? I’ve checked all the settings on my device but can not find the problem. before upgrading my galaxy note II does not happen. Will this issue be a bug?????

Phuah98
1 year 7 months ago

Have anyone got this problem?
Mine stop at(installing)36% and restart but no change

schlump
1 year 7 months ago

Problem solved. :)

schlump
1 year 7 months ago

thanks so much guys! it work’s like a charm and I love the never before seen sharpness of the display.

Just one question: How does the “Country” affect experience, and can it be changed?
I have an app which refuses to download from Google Play, and shows other strange behaviour. Do I need to flash again once a version for my actual country is available?

steve76
1 year 8 months ago

Wondering why it hasn’t been released in any other countries since this first release?

PJL170364
1 year 8 months ago

I was wondering the same thing myself. I have been running it on my phone in Australia with no issues.

steve76
1 year 8 months ago

Yep it’s working great for me in Australia too, and I added note 3 wallpapers from the app store to make it look like new.

hammad_613
1 year 8 months ago

Can I install 4.3 Indian (IDU) firmware in United Kingdom’s (BTU) NOTE II ???

sepsy
1 year 8 months ago

How can root this version of android 4.3?

sepsy
1 year 8 months ago

I used CF-Root-Auto t0lte-t0ltexx-gtn7105, but nothing, not root.

jazkuh13
1 year 8 months ago

hello sammobile, i have one question regarding this firmware upadate, can i flash this firmware update to my NOTE II N7105 HONGKONG carrier? Is it possible? please help me thanks in advance :)

bonoandu2
1 year 8 months ago

Is the galaxy note 2 (SPH-L900) Getting an update? I hear all these other versions getting theirs what about the sph-L900?

madushan92
1 year 8 months ago

Honestly for me this has been a nice upgrade. Some of the new features I saw ,
Keyboard floating mode (like Swiftkey)
Spam settings in email app
No floating browser ( i don’t know why they removed it :( )
Move to SD (very important)
Feels little bit faster

Only thing which worries me is the huge font size in messaging app. Anybody behind me can read my messages very comfortably. Tried changing the font size, but still it is too big.

Battery life is almost the same.
I had wifi issue At the beginning, but disappeared after a phone reboot.

Installed KNOX and uninstalled it again because it is useless for me.

I should say that I have been a Samsung galaxy user for 2+ years and I always hated TouchWiz. But now I am starting to like it :P

rca
1 year 8 months ago

I there. I also noticed the big font size on messages. Just press up or down volume on messages to choose the right size ;)

PrissyElf
1 year 7 months ago

I agree on the big font size too. Even the smallest size is too big! It hurts my eyes. :P

madushan92
1 year 8 months ago

Even the smallest size is too big for me, disabled stock messaging and installed mysms. It is nice and great

rca
1 year 8 months ago

Hangouts already support sms.

mvassu
1 year 8 months ago

One of the use less update really waste of time its not impressive in compare with galaxy grand

ryu86

Hi Guys,

So far it seem to be ok for me and it working fine & at the same time i have rooted my phone with 4.3 update.

I will upload the download link for you guys to download with the root files so please wait, uploading time total is 5hours.

rca
1 year 8 months ago

Yeah, I’m also not having any problems. Got the light effect lockscreen working fine (s3 update was having problems with this). Changes I saw: email app is now white; keyboard doesnt have clipboard anymore! This was awesome :(

madushan92
1 year 8 months ago

Are u sure about clipboard? That is weird, because I have the clipboard

rca
1 year 8 months ago

Yes, the clipboard key/button on the keyboard is missing (that key on the left side of the space bar where you choose your favorite key to be there). I have the clipboard only on some system apps, like messages and email, etc, but it shows only if I press a text field, like if i wanted to paste some text.

Do you have that clipboard button on your new Samsung keyboard?

PS: also, pop-up browser is missing :/

kleena
1 year 6 months ago

Same here on my SGS3 – that clipboard button is gone in 4.3. My wife’s S4 has it though – along with a few new features.
Is it possible that the function has been dropped on ex-flagships? That would suck since this is not something new that has not been added, but something already available that has been taken away from us…

mshadow
1 year 8 months ago

I’m using it right now and there’s an issue with the sound. When i’m listening to music using playerpro it crash. The audio enhancement is being disabled aside from that everything’s smooth. I’m from PH. Gpu drivers update as per change log is great games runs very smooth.

alaa hussin

i like that

MikeOacky
1 year 8 months ago

this will erase all files like test firmware?

wella1000
1 year 8 months ago

everytime i put the security code to download the update it tells me ..its wrong ….and iam very sure it’s right..so wats the proplem here !!

barrygoddard
1 year 8 months ago

Just downloading the ROM now.

Does anyone know if CF-Auto-Root-t0lte-t0ltexx-gtn7105.tar.md5 will root it?

ryu86
1 year 8 months ago

Yes it will still work, Tested and cfm!

steve76
1 year 8 months ago

Well thanks for the good news, has this been tested by someone at Sammobile and for how long ? want to be sure it’s all good before I get it.

miztatoby
1 year 8 months ago

Please can somone make a download mirror..I cant download from hot file..its always breaking and with no resume..please I need a download mirror as am almost out of data.thanks.

barrygoddard
1 year 8 months ago

Does anyone know a good fast mirror for 1.1GB file?

I’ll happily upload it if they do.

ryu86
1 year 8 months ago

open a dropbox account and drop there.

ljnogueira
1 year 8 months ago

It seems that the Samsung guys don’t want upgrade previous versions so they can sell more of the new galaxy models. The s3 firmware version came with many bugs and this version of note 2 don’t have all features of 4.3 firmware…

R0B3RTF1SH3R
1 year 8 months ago

screenshots from a n7100 your getting n7105 owners worried…… download is taking forever.

DEVILSVEINS
1 year 8 months ago

when the update 4.3 for sgh-i317M???

robot84
1 year 8 months ago

Is finish the update for Galaxy note1????

hsckishan
1 year 8 months ago

WOW There were many leaked versions for Note2 N7100, many N7105 guys were crying, but 1st official update has come to N7105 that too without New S-Pen features (Air Command)…Gr8 Samsung…..

Never turn to Samsung again in future, this is my last Samsung gadget….

exo_23
1 year 8 months ago

First off, Air Command is an exclusive Note 3 feature. Samsung’s not going to kill the Note 3 by giving the Note II the exact same feature..

Also, it may be limited to hardware, but I doubt it..

Although I am disappointed about the camera interface not being changed to the neater interface on the S4>

rca
1 year 8 months ago

At least you guys with n7100 were playing with more than 1 leak. We with the n7105 were just waiting… Aren’t you being a little bit selfish?!

Phoenix2