Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) receives official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update

The wait is finally over! Samsung has just started rolling out Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100). It’s been a long time since Samsung updated the Galaxy Note II to a new version of Android. The Galaxy Note II launched with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box and even today the Galaxy Note II is running the exact same version of Android. Samsung never updated the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II to Android 4.2.2 and even also never internally tested a single Android 4.2.2 build for the Note II.

Galaxy Note II users will be pleased to know that the Android 4.3 update is very stable, way more than Galaxy S III’s official update, and it’s amazingly fast as well. There are quite a lot of changes and improvements in the new Android 4.3 firmware over Android 4.1.2. Samsung has completely changed the core UI to the one found on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, even the setting app has been completely overhauled with a new tabbed interface. The new update also brings support for the Galaxy Gear, Samsung KNOX and Samsung Wallet. Samsung doesn’t provide an official change log for its updates but after testing a few internal builds and this official one, we can give you folks our own list of changes and improvements we have noticed.

- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Samsung KNOX
- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- Better RAM management
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Daydream
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
- Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
The new software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don’t worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device.

To keep track of the countries and carriers receiving the new Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) update for the Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100), check out our live feed below:

To update your Galaxy Note II to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.

Model: GT-N7100
Country: India
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2099172
Build date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:55:01 +0000
Product Code: INU

All new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmwares for the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) are present in our Firmware Section, as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you might be using a Custom ROM or if your country has not yet received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update.

Firmware news 700

erick justiniano ortiz
11 months 2 days ago

DISCULPEN queria saber como reparo todas las aplicaciones que tenia de fabria de mi note 2…lo actualise al 4.4.2 omni,,,, y se cambio todo…no quedo con las aplicaciones anteriores …yo solo queria que se actualise el sotwart, pero que no cambien todo….ahora su calidad es vaja de la camara,, no tiene el reproductor de video de fabrica ,cuando saco el spen no reconoce que lo saque ,pero si da en la pantalla el spen,,bueno varias cosas que no me gustan del nuevo tema…lo actualice manual con rom manager y archivos zip,,, apps ocea aplicaciones ,la rom o firmware,y el superUSER….COMO HAGO QUE QUEDE CON LAS APLICACIONES ANTERIORES PERO ACTUALIZADO….. GRACIAS…psdta o tengo que desctualizarlo a la version que estaba 4.3??????

1 year 8 months ago

I am in Egypt and I should have received 4.3 update by 5 March 2014 but nothing. Every time I searching for update same message appeared that I have the latest version although I have 4.1.2

Please support.

1 year 8 months ago

This feed is wrong mate. It is showing the date of availability of android 4.1.2 last year. Samsung Egypt hasn’t rolled out the 4.3 update yet. Its been 4 months. Worst customer support.

1 year 8 months ago

Please support.

1 year 8 months ago

And also SamMobile is in no way related to Samsung. So if you want help directly contact Samsung.

1 year 8 months ago

when will they released for the ksa version

ahmed eltoukhy
1 year 8 months ago

can’t unzip it :S idk why iam using Jzip
it says it doesn’t support file format

1 year 9 months ago

im in sultanate of Oman until now i didn’t receive any update about 4.3 my mobile is galaxy not2 GT-N7100XXDLK7.. so please till me when i will receive the update… thank you

reza zarchi
1 year 9 months ago

does Android 4.3 Update release for Iran??

1 year 9 months ago

Have been waiting for infinity and yet there is no update from Samsung. I sent Samsung Egypt a message about it and the reply I got was ‘Every country has its own update rules’ So that means Samsung Egypt is deliberately holding android 4.3 for note 2 so that its newer products such as Note 3 sell out.

Also there has been just 1 update from Samsung Egypt. Android 4.3 for Note 10.1.
They have not released any other update.

So in my view, we either going to be one of the last countries to be receiving the update, or we won’t be receiving update at all.

All I can say is Samsung Sucks. Bigtime. The roll out of updates should be handled by Samsung Mobile And should have a centralized procedure.
By decentralizing the roll out, they have introduced a huge time gap between roll out in different regions/\.

Samsung should learn from apple. They rolled out the update in one single day to the whole world.

Lastly, I would like to request all the users to tirelessly message, facebook and tweet Samsung Egypt about 4.3 update. So that they speed things up a bit.

Thank you.

1 year 9 months ago

I am from Turkey I have a NOTE-II N7100(N7100XXDMF1) I wait update dor one year when can I take update when can u fix update in turkey?? it is big prblem for me. If I can not take update I never use samsung in my life…

Nelson Salgado
1 year 10 months ago

Here i am. At this beautiful little country call Ecuador without samsung updates.

1 year 10 months ago

Updates for turkey came too late then I’ll take samsung phones .
Samsung’s Turkey policy is very exclusive.

1 year 10 months ago

Güncellemeler türkiye’ye çok geç geldiği için bundan sonra samsung telefon almayacağım.
Samsung’un Türkiye politikası çok dışlayıcı.

1 year 10 months ago

not only samsung is the worst for body quality but also its the worst for update.
my next phone will not be Samsung without any doubt!!!
its about 13 weeks that i check for update in Iran!
samsung just losing it’s customers.
i will root my phone and shit on Samsung Rules!
just Apple!

1 year 10 months ago

When Will It Come For Iran-THR ???
Iam So Bored Of Waiting …. Please Someone Answer Me

1 year 10 months ago

how long samsung will update note for 4.3. its going to be three months. we are still waiting for update. very update management system from samsung. i am really fedup. Next phone will not be samsung. useless after sales service.

1 year 10 months ago

Thank you Sammobile, for correcting the live feed. But still Comments ara not sorted by date. It seems that last comment has been made on 22 December 2013.

1 year 10 months ago

Why is Singapore not listed in the list of pending/available countries? Will this country not get 4.3 update for N7100? I live in SG and was super excited until I saw this list which pulls my mood till the bottom. Anyone pls tell me its just SAMMOBILE which mistyped and left Singapore out. Anyone? :(

De qué región es mi Note 2

Hola amigos tengo el GT-N7100 libre, lo uso en Guatemala, lo que me da duda es que no se de que región es el firmware que tengo, ya q lo eh buscado en sammobile pero no la tienen, yo sospecho q es d Alemania, si alguien sabe como confirmarlo muy agradecido, o bien cual versión podre usar que sea compatible, lo tengo rooteado asi que no me llega actualización via OTA. Les dejo los datos: Ap: N7100XXDMC3 CP: N7100XXDLK7 Csc: N7100DBTDMB1

1 year 10 months ago

Why do the comments posted in november and december come after comments posted in january?

1 year 10 months ago

What does it mean SAMMOBILE?
this topic is for ANDROID 4.3 and you put availability for THR version with 4.1.2 in the linked address?
We are waiting for news not HISTORY………

1 year 10 months ago

there is no any update 4.3 for Iran…

1 year 10 months ago

I think there is a mistake about Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update of Turkey. It is written that the update for Turkey is avaliable since 28 December. But when you click the link, it comes 4.1.2 version of jelly bean. So Sammobile should correct this information at live feed of jelly bean update for Turkey.

What does it mean?
After 3 months, tonight you wrote that the 4.3 firmware for most of the countries like Iran is available.
So I clicked on the “available” icon and I saw this text:

Model: GT-N7100Country: IranVersion: Android 4.1.2Changelist: N/ABuild date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000Product Code: THRPDA: N7100XXDMB5CSC: N7100OJVDMB1MODEM: N7100XXDLK7DOWNLOAD: Terafile

But this update is for android 4.1.2 for last year.
I don’t know what samsung has to explain about this kind of delay.
Even Afghanistan and Iraq have given the update while we don’t!!!
Thanks for reading.

چه جوری باید آپدیت کنیم ؟ واسه ایران اومده کسی می دونه از ایرانیا؟

1 year 10 months ago

داداش این پایین رو میخوندی متوجه میشدی که هنوز برای ایران نیومده و شرکت سامسونگ انگار برای ایران اپدیت نمیده

1 year 10 months ago

Is there any mistake on live feed because it is showing future dates with 4.1.2 version for all countries however we have received already 4.3 in UAE?