Exclusive: I9300XXUGMJ9 – Android 4.3 Jelly Bean leaked firmware for the Galaxy S III

After leaking Android 4.3 for the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note II, we finally managed to obtain a test build for the Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) – I9300XXUGMJ9. This is the first ever Android 4.3 leak for the Galaxy S III and we would like to thank our insider as this test build was really difficult to get hold of.

We have been testing the firmware for a few days and it’s very stable. However, as it’s a test build there might be a few bugs here and there, so make sure to backup all your stuff before flashing this test firmware on your device. Samsung never updated Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II to Android 4.2 and decided to update them directly to Android 4.3 instead. Do keep in mind that this is only a test build and Samsung may add or remove features in future test builds of Android 4.3.

There are quite a lot of changes and improvements in the new Android 4.3 firmware over Android 4.1.2. Samsung has completely changed the core UI to the one found on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, even the setting app has been completely overhauled with a new tabbed interface. The bad news is that even though Samsung has changed the core UI elements, it’s still using the same old original Galaxy S III launcher and widgets. Also, Samsung hasn’t implemented Samsung Knox in Android 4.3 test builds yet, but we expect Samsung to include Knox in the final build.

Model: GT-I9300
Country: Germany (Vodafone)
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 1902166
Build date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 12:24:03 +0000
Product Code: VFG
PDA: I9300XXUGMJ9
CSC: I9300VFGGMJ5
MODEM: I9300BUUGMJ3
Download: I9300XXUGMJ9_I9300VFGGMJ5_I9300BUUGMJ3_VFG.zip

NOTE
- This firmware will WIPE your device (Perform a backup before flashing)
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
- We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.

INSTRUCTIONS
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9300XXUGMJ9_1902166_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9300XXUGMJ9_1902166_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to BL
- Add MODEM_I9300BUUGMJ3_REV02_REV04_CL1413323.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_VFG_I9300VFGGMJ5_1986192_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

Screenshots

Firmware news 139

atat812
10 months 14 days ago

And the GT-I9300 ????

mine14
1 year 2 months ago

thanks i back my phone and fix bootloop thanks THANKS

sylver32
1 year 4 months ago

Can anuone tell me where to get the BL, MODEM AND CSC files from?? Thanks

dsebas
1 year 8 months ago

Hotfile is no longer working, another link to download this file?

khurrammurad
1 year 8 months ago

i have also heard that samsung has released the bug free update of 4.3 for Se & S4 in Europe.
can anybody tell me when it will be available on the sammobile/firmare section. so that we can download the ROM and flash on our phones.
at the moment i’m using my s3 as a weight papers.

shame to samsung.
I’ll never buy samsung brand again.
I wish that apple comes up iPhone 6 with 4.5 or 5 inc screen and I’ll never ever buy this shit again.

hagi-naser
1 year 8 months ago

fu …. sami. where is update for i9300 without lag & bug?

VictorAtSamsung
1 year 9 months ago

After i have flash the leaked rom.. i cant connect to my local carrier.. can you help me ? i followed every step :O

lilsam2010
1 year 9 months ago

But I think UK version is stable somehow but also late to weak up from screenlock and no light effect option .. I sugges if you wanna flash firnware UK is good overall

aparty
1 year 9 months ago

I installed this leak version.
Due to continue leak, battery drain, slow lockscreen, ecc.
I intended to return at original firmware I had before:
4.1.2 I9300XXEMC2 TIM ITALIA.
Well, can you post a guide to explain how to downgrade from I9300XXUGMJ9 to I9300XXEMC2?
Thanks.

golgaston
1 year 9 months ago

una pregunta, instalando esto por odin hay posibilidad de revivir un galaxy s3 i9300 con muerte subita no entra recovery ni prende solo entra en modo dowload. gracias!!

ihugof
1 year 9 months ago

Samsung Keyboard is always crashing, to the point I couldn’t write anything!
Already tried all released 4.3 ROMs and the problem it’s the same.

Solution: Install GAPPS for 4.3 on top and since it has Google Keyboard instead of Samsung one, it works! :)

The 4.3 ROMs seem anything but stable.
APPs crash, screen freezes, Samsung Sync Cloud always crashing.

Tried to downgrade to 4.1.2 with no luck.
It remains stuck on boot, even after wipe.
Anyone with the same problem?
Solutions?

BambuszMahmud

Hey guys!

I put this new firmware to my S3 and lock screen usually unlocks very slowly (2-8sec) Sometimes after the call is over black screen and phone is frozen. I have to take out the battery to be able to restart the device. Is anybody else has the same problem? Any idea to solve this problem?
Thank you for your help!

angelcohen
1 year 9 months ago

Hi i installed it and i had problems with the lockscreen, take so long to wake up, i ha already change to tha 4.1.2 and much better, i install the peru poe version, i hope i recive the ota version of the 4.3, will i have any problem withthat???

Hans_48

Hallo
Gestern die neue 4.3 für Österreich auf Galaxy S3 -A1 Branding mit Odin geflasht.
Vorteile: Bei Einstellungen, Firmware steht 4.3, sonst keine Vorteile!!
Nachteile:
Gerät wird viel langsamer, allein vom Stanbby braucht es einige Sekunden bis es startet, Samsung Knox geht auch nicht, Kamera kaum was Neues, ich kann damit nichts machen, danke A1 aber hier wurde schnell mal eine Firmware gebastelt, um auch mal der Erste zu sein, damit verärgert man nur die Kunden,
Heute wieder zurück auf 4.1.2 mit Odin
Der Mensch ist Jäger und Sammler und wir glauben, wenn es etwas Neues und gratis gibt, müssen wir schnell handeln, lasst es einfach ( Never change a running System )

Syn333
1 year 9 months ago

Fakt ist, dass es wohl zwischen Leak und den offiziellen Rollouts so ziemlich null Unterschied gibt. Das heißt im Klartext: Die Provider verteilen offizielle Updates in Leak-Qualität, ohne die Fehler ausgebügelt zu haben.

proof007
1 year 9 months ago

I’ve test this version on my S3 , I hope that the official version will not be as this one, I found lot of issues on this version ,

*sometimes ,make more than 5 seconds to unlock phone,
*2 or 3 reboot per days
*memory consumption raises to 700mega
*if we use a donwloaded animated wallpaper , it is very slow

pratikgharat123
1 year 9 months ago

What about Galaxy Grand(GT-I9082)?

abrigael
1 year 9 months ago

La rom va de lujo en mi I9300 la unica observacion es que primero realicen un restablecimiento de fabrica apaguen el equipo y realizan tos los wipes (factory, dalvik y battery stats)luego reinician nuevamente lo apagan… y AHORA SI REALIZAN LA ACTUALIZACION..100% garantizado que les va a funcionar sin problema.

mithunbabz
1 year 9 months ago

Android 4.3 leaked build having some bugs and lags i think, why because after flashing new build (I9300XXUGMJ9) when screen is off and when power button or home button pressed it will take 5 more seconds to screen wake up, and performance also little lags, and battery drain too fast

please fix this and update new builds it will helps to everyone to use Android 4.3 features.

thanks

edgarjsuarez
1 year 9 months ago

tengo los mismos problemas se consume la batería muy rápido también se demora en despertar…… cuando lo mejoren lo vuelvo a instalar no quiero quedarme sin bateria

ictorn

Ladies and Gentlemen
Rather than write out a barren posts may be someone here with verve legal , who wrote to the petitioner. He described to the ills and weaknesses of the proposed update 4.3 , compared to leak 4.2.2 and has requested to refer to the situation. Publish example , anyone who wants to be able to copy the petition and send it to Samsung , or put on some parts of the petition and collect signatures there . It also proposes to expose portals like Youtube videos and point out the errors and omissions in android 4.3.

Vaughn06
1 year 9 months ago

Ok I have a huge problem update my phones to 4.3 and with all the bugs I downgraded to 4.1.2 stock… and my phone says no network so i wen back to 4.3 and its working fine but how do I fix the problem on 4.3???

Delbz
1 year 9 months ago

Anyone who has been fooled by this update and the so called irish and swedish update, (they are all the same build etc) its a joke, if you want to get reception back, flash your phone with 4.12 or whatever you like, and then flash the modem file in the “leaked 4.3″, you will get reception back instantly

danixmark
1 year 9 months ago

hey man how can i repair this problem?? i can join to the network mi imei is good because I have 15 numbers and one 11 in the end im from mexico so if you can help me i gonna be eternally gratedfull a si se escribe??

Delbz
1 year 9 months ago

if you can join your network provider, then what is the problem? the problem most people would be having would no service….?

zorannrt5205
1 year 9 months ago

This version and so called ”official” version from Ireland and Swiss changes modem to V2, so you have to flash any firmvare with the modem V2, anything above MG4 modem. Or you could back to earlier firmwares but you must find V1 modem separately and flash it via Odin.

whoever_ch
1 year 9 months ago

I have the same problems, than many others:
- Lock screen feels like a pre-alpha release. Sometimes I have to wait more than 7 seconds to see sth
- battery drain really fast
- reboots during calls

But thanks to sammobile for sharing this firmware! I hope Samsung will fix this;)

Deathcrush
1 year 9 months ago

Comming from official 4.1.2 rooted, I didn’t have any problems with IMEI and did not have to factory reset. Just as a warning, the build is not too slow and it’s functional, but it’s buggy, I found that sometimes the screen has a big delay before turning on, camera lockscreen widget is missing, and battery drain is a problem, I’m losing about 10% per hour under normal/heavy usage, but this might be a Google services related problem, so turning off location on google settings and maps, and disabling google now should help, I’ll try that

JCPB

Cuidado Amigos.!
Esta Actualización según Sammobile es para Vodafone de Irlanda, yo ya lo Probé y al Actualizar el Celular se torna muy Lento, la Batería se Consume Rápido y además perdí la Señal de Red ya que esa Porquería cambió el IMEI de mi Dispositivo, las nuevas Funciones son Buenas pero el Riesgo es ALTO.!!!

danixmark
1 year 9 months ago

como lo compusiste amigo¡??? me paso lo mismo pero ami no me volo la señal si no que me dice que no se registro en la red y no me deja hacer ni recivir llamadas u.u tengo2 dias sin celu espero me puedas ayudar a mi no cambio el imei creo me termina en 11 y tiene 15 numeros ningun 0

PauliusJankus
1 year 9 months ago

Does anyone know how to change keyboard type from qwerty to 3×4 keyboard ?

Robinlman
1 year 9 months ago

And the battery drain is huge