Posted by Abhijeet M. 10 months ago

Samsung-Logo_3

Following a leaked Android 4.3 update roadmap for U.S. variants of the Galaxy S III, S4, and Note II, and Android 4.3 firmware leaks for the S4 and (international) Note II, Samsung has officially announced the Premium Suite software package for the aforementioned devices in North America. The Premium Suite will update the devices to Android 4.3, and add features such as updated Easy Mode, Multi Window™, advanced camera options, KNOX, and additional features with new functionality.

Apart from the new features, the update will also add support for the Galaxy Gear, which Samsung announced in a separate press release a couple of days ago. The update will begin rolling out today, and will complete over the course of the next few weeks; the Galaxy S4 mini and both Galaxy Megas are also confirmed to be receiving Gear support, though Samsung didn’t mention a time frame for those devices.

Source

13 comments on “Samsung announces Premium Suite update for Galaxy S III, S4, and Note II in the US

1. demlasjr 10 months ago said:

Samsung: “In Europe we call it scheduled update, in ‘mericaaaaa we call it Premium Suite”

Samsung fail LOL

2. roeldeckers 10 months ago said:

Really Samsung? Us carriers before the international version (S3)? Then there really might be a RAM problem. All Us versions have 2gb ram i believe, while the i9300 has only 1gb.
    And all because touchwiz is such a heavy interface.

3. adrien_razvan 10 months ago said:

And what about the international version of the S3 ? …. Does Samsung really think there are more S3 users in the US ore is Samsung trying to kiss some a..es over there so they won’t ban all of they’re products…

4. ProdByEchelon 10 months ago said:

I hope the GT-N7100 will be included and I’m excited to see which S4 features are coming to it

5. AdL2012 10 months ago said:

when the hell is coming 4.3 for i9300???

the lag contacts/dialer is still there on 4.3?

6. TouchWiz 10 months ago said:

Nice… Just waiting for it to my international Galaxy S4 (i9505)in Finland (Nordic country)!

7. wiijordends 10 months ago said:

Even if it was in Europe I shouldn’t download it.

Of course I like the new note 3/s4 features on my Note 2.
    Of coure I’m happy that I finally can buy a galaxy Gear without another phone.

But there is one DISAVANTAGE that hold me back:

I can’t root my Note 2 again without increasing the Samsung Knox bootloader counter

I wish there was a way to disable the Samsung knox bootloader or there was a way to root without increase the Knox counter.

• ProdByEchelon 10 months ago said:

Don’t install it then

• ElComplotDel256 10 months ago said:

The note 3 has Knox counter since september, and about two or three weeks later, people can root the note 3 without changes in counter. I have a I9300 rooted and I hope the GS3 will root without problems in a few weeks, so I can wait some weeks without root (I hope… jajaja)

8. tester215 10 months ago said:

When we have the 4.3 actualization for the Sgh-i747m ?

9. pbm5362 10 months ago said:

Its nice to see this time around the US to be among the first to get the update. Were usually the last to get updates. Although I would have wanted to an official update, good job Samsung!!! Now lets just see how much of the features the carriers will cripple.

10. ictorn 10 months ago said:

For which Samsung does not explain on what basis it will work KNOX?. Recently I buy phones from Samsung: Wave I, II, III, now GALAXY SIII and this company always has trouble or software updates – always!!!. Or is there someone with the eggs that it directs. Or who earlier rises, then make rules?.