Samsung announces Premium Suite update for Galaxy S III, S4, and Note II in the US

Following a leaked Android 4.3 update roadmap for U.S. variants of the Galaxy S III, S4, and Note II, and Android 4.3 firmware leaks for the S4 and (international) Note II, Samsung has officially announced the Premium Suite software package for the aforementioned devices in North America. The Premium Suite will update the devices to Android 4.3, and add features such as updated Easy Mode, Multi Window™, advanced camera options, KNOX, and additional features with new functionality.

Apart from the new features, the update will also add support for the Galaxy Gear, which Samsung announced in a separate press release a couple of days ago. The update will begin rolling out today, and will complete over the course of the next few weeks; the Galaxy S4 mini and both Galaxy Megas are also confirmed to be receiving Gear support, though Samsung didn’t mention a time frame for those devices.

Source

Phones 13

ictorn
1 year 10 months ago

For which Samsung does not explain on what basis it will work KNOX?. Recently I buy phones from Samsung: Wave I, II, III, now GALAXY SIII and this company always has trouble or software updates – always!!!. Or is there someone with the eggs that it directs. Or who earlier rises, then make rules?.

pbm5362
1 year 10 months ago

Its nice to see this time around the US to be among the first to get the update. Were usually the last to get updates. Although I would have wanted to an official update, good job Samsung!!! Now lets just see how much of the features the carriers will cripple.

tester215
1 year 10 months ago

When we have the 4.3 actualization for the Sgh-i747m ?

wiijordends
1 year 10 months ago

Even if it was in Europe I shouldn’t download it.

Of course I like the new note 3/s4 features on my Note 2.
Of coure I’m happy that I finally can buy a galaxy Gear without another phone.

But there is one DISAVANTAGE that hold me back:

I can’t root my Note 2 again without increasing the Samsung Knox bootloader counter

I wish there was a way to disable the Samsung knox bootloader or there was a way to root without increase the Knox counter.

ElComplotDel256
1 year 10 months ago

The note 3 has Knox counter since september, and about two or three weeks later, people can root the note 3 without changes in counter. I have a I9300 rooted and I hope the GS3 will root without problems in a few weeks, so I can wait some weeks without root (I hope… jajaja)

ProdByEchelon

Don’t install it then

ProdByEchelon

Don’t install Knox*

TouchWiz
1 year 10 months ago

Nice… Just waiting for it to my international Galaxy S4 (i9505)in Finland (Nordic country)!

AdL2012
1 year 10 months ago

when the hell is coming 4.3 for i9300???

the lag contacts/dialer is still there on 4.3?

ProdByEchelon
1 year 10 months ago

I hope the GT-N7100 will be included and I’m excited to see which S4 features are coming to it

adrien_razvan
1 year 10 months ago

And what about the international version of the S3 ? …. Does Samsung really think there are more S3 users in the US ore is Samsung trying to kiss some a..es over there so they won’t ban all of they’re products…

roeldeckers
1 year 10 months ago

Really Samsung? Us carriers before the international version (S3)? Then there really might be a RAM problem. All Us versions have 2gb ram i believe, while the i9300 has only 1gb.
And all because touchwiz is such a heavy interface.

demlasjr
1 year 10 months ago

Samsung: “In Europe we call it scheduled update, in ‘mericaaaaa we call it Premium Suite”

Samsung fail LOL