Galaxy Note III display frame compared with Note II’s

Yesterday, images showing off the display frame of the Galaxy Note III cropped up online, revealing screen size and other dimensions of the display. It was said that the Note III won’t be much bigger than the Note II, and now an image comparing the display frames of the two devices side by side backs up that claim. The image has been manually constructed, but it does give us a good idea of the differences and similarities between the two devices.

As you can see, the new Note’s display frame seems to be just a tad taller than the Note II’s, but when it comes to the width, both seem to be the same. Samsung has achieved this by reducing the bezel around the display to just 2.2mm, so handling the next-generation Note should be similar to the Note II (no, you still won’t be able to drag down that status bar in one-hand usage).

Well, provided that display frame in the images really does belong to the Galaxy Note III. It most likely does, but better to be skeptical until official confirmation comes along.

Phones 8

2 years 1 month ago

I like the design, yes I’m still a proud owner of the “Mighty OG-Note”. I passed on the Note II because of the 16:9 ratio… I really still love the FAT 16:10 ratio of the Note 1… But I can no longer wait, I need my Note III right away… If the Note IV is made of metal, i hope Samsung makes plastic ones also, just not glossy, but still better than cold/hot Aluminum. Samsung FTW.

2 years 1 month ago

I wouldn’t really want bezels so thin that a case would end up covering the screen :S

2 years 1 month ago

Not much of visual improvement but still it is bigger and looks better than Note II :) I like this thin bezels very much ^^ As happy Note 1 user i want this one ;D

Sebastian Shaw
2 years 1 month ago

as a previous note 1 user i am very happy with the design and i think it is better for the general design to be more angular because with this way more screen can be fitted in the overall body size

2 years 1 month ago

I thing like you bro. Im too a Note N7000 User. And im very happy with my phone. But now its 2 year old and im waiting of this mini PC (Note 3)

2 years 1 month ago

For me, Note III front similar to Note I more than Note II…

2 years 1 month ago

That’s what I was thinking! Great to see Samsung going back to less-rounded corner design.

2 years 1 month ago

i think Samsung Galaxy Note III will be a better choice..!