AT&T Galaxy S III Premium Suite update rolling out, brings Multi-Window (Build UCDMG2)
Well, this is why carriers suck and should never be involved in the OS upgrade procedure: AT&T is finally rolling out the Premium Suite update for the Galaxy S III, bringing the fabled Multi-Window multitasking feature, a full eight months after Samsung announced the Premium Suite for its 2012 flagship. The build number of the update is I747UCDMG2, which will bump the device’s Android version to 4.1.2 (not 4.2.2, sadly).
Here’s the official AT&T changelog:
- - Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
- - Auto Share Shot with NFC: By setting the camera to “Auto Share Shot” mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
- - Camera features: Paper artist and best face options.
- - AT&T apps: AT&T services, Drive Mode, AT&T Locker; Family Map, Live TV, and SmartWifi have been loaded.
- - Other enhancements: Includes calendar, SD Card, and S-Voice enhancements.
The update will begin its over-the-air rollout today, and you can check if the update is available for your phone from the Settings » About phone » Software update » Check for updates option. If the update doesn’t appear right away, don’t fret, as the rollout is gradual and will reach more and more users as the days go by, with AT&T to begin pushing a notification from August 8 for anyone who hasn’t received it by then.
We’ll also be posting the full firmware once we get it so you can update manually, and you’ll be able to find it in our firmware section. We’ll update this post once we get our hands on the firmware.