Posted by Faryaab S. 2 years ago

Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152) firmwares are now available

mega5.8

Samsung announced the new Galaxy Mega series in April, and today we received first official firmwares of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152). The firmware is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Samsung’s Nature UX 2.0 (Same as the S4). The good thing is that the device isn’t yet available but as soon as it goes on sale, developers will be able to make custom ROMs immediately, thanks to rapid stock firmware releases by Samsung.

Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.2.2 – Build JDQ39
PDA: I9152XXUAME9
CSC: I9152ODDAME7
MODEM: I9152DDUAME6
Region: Asia
Country: India

The Galaxy Mega 5.8 was officially announced by Samsung, along with the Galaxy Mega 6.3, yesterday. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 packs a Dual-Core 1.4GHz CPU, 1.5GB of RAM, 8 Megapixel main shooter and a 2 Megapixel front facing camera. The device runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Samsung’s Nature UX 2.0 on top of it, out of the box. We expect the Galaxy Mega 5.8 to be made available in May or June.

All the Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152) firmwares are available for download from our Firmware Section.

7 comments on “Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 (GT-I9152) firmwares are now available

1. MPG143 2 years ago said:

I attempted to preform the installation but it keeps failing. I can’t even restore the phone back. It just tells me it encountered a problem and to do kies recovery.

This is what i get when i attempt to add the software
    Enter CS for MD5..
    Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    Please wait..
    I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    Leave CS..
    Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    File analysis..
    SetupConnection..
    Complete(Write) operation failed.
    Added!!
    All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    Enter CS for MD5..
    Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    Please wait..
    I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    Leave CS..
    Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    File analysis..
    SetupConnection..
    Complete(Write) operation failed.
    Added!!
    All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

2. Mohammad Ammad 2 years ago said:

Open the firmware (.tar.md5) file in PDA on ODIN and then install it

3. subzerosco 2 years ago said:

So? Is it working???

4. soumyansu 2 years ago said:

Hi,
    After installing the latest updates I am unable to receive calls while data is being used.
    I am using a 3G data card on SIM1 and voice card on SIM2.
    Previously I was receiving calls even when the data was being used by SIM1.
    The option under SIM Card Manager – Receive incoming calls is already ticked.
    What I have tried till now
    1) Switched SIM1 and SIM2 as in Data card on SIM2 and Voice card on SIM1 did not work.
    2) Only when I downgraded my phone to the initial firmware it was working but my battery was getting drained out twice as fast so I upgraded it again.

Current version is 4.2.2 build JDQ39.I9152XXUANA1
    Please help …

Regards,
    Soumyansu Sarkar

5. morad1984 2 years ago said:

i rooted my galaxy mega 5.8
    i want to upgrade it from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2

6. morad1984 2 years ago said:

hey i am waiting for gt-i9152 for update!!!where it is??