Posted by Danny D. 2 years ago

Broken corner around the display of the Galaxy S4

S47

Since we have the Galaxy S4 we have found out something strange. We never dropped the Galaxy S4 self but around the corner of the screen there are some open sides. Our question do you have the same problem or are we the only one with this factory build mistake? Research by our repair center found out that a screen of the Galaxy S4 will cost €140 ex VAT. Which is very expensive but OK OLED panels aren’t cheap to. If you might think why did you ask for this? Simple because Samsung gives repair centers directly  display units with new corners. This is one faster and two easier to fix.

Let us know by a comment below if you have the same problem.

41 comments on “Broken corner around the display of the Galaxy S4

1. Sp1tfire 2 years ago said:

Lol, the rim is made out of 4 pieces and the joints are visibile in all 4 corners. Nothing out of the ordinary. It’s just the way it was built.

2. Sp1tfire 2 years ago said:

Checking the pictures, you might have a faulty unit. Mine only shows joints in the 4 corners of the device. Nothing near buttons.

3. hellcool 2 years ago said:

s2 and s3 also have the same problem , not just me my friends also have and one of them went to the service and they told her its just a visual problem if she wants they can change the panel but the phone has to stay there 1 mounth.

4. alexandre.cgd 2 years ago said:

uow o.O
    Here in my S4 manufactured in Brazil is normal no amendment to sight in any corner!

5. bvandrpalen 2 years ago said:

No open sides in my s4. Strange error. I hope my S4 will survive.

6. thor2001 2 years ago said:

Shouldn’t that fault be covered by warranty?

Especially because the phone is really new (to the market) and there are no bumps from dropping visible?

Regards

7. Paolo 2 years ago said:

My S4 is ok, you might have a faulty unit. :-\

8. dnsp 2 years ago said:

There’s no need to change the screen, only the back/bezel. Unlike the SIII. The S4 is like the Note II, bezel and back inner casing are one set.

9. crowtjie 2 years ago said:

No my S4 is fine. South Africa

10. chris.0602.1999 2 years ago said:

my s4 is fine from poland…

11. vavrorvav 2 years ago said:

every f***ing generation!

12. juan1983 2 years ago said:

my s4 from mexico all ok!!!

13. joaobarroso 2 years ago said:

From Portugal, my i9505 have all joints in the corners, just all ok here.

14. gusgustavo 2 years ago said:

Hi, happened to me a note s2 1 and thought it was for something I’ve done.

15. gtone339 2 years ago said:

International version or the US version?

16. mchampeli 2 years ago said:

nope.. nothing sort of there on my S4 either..
    Mine’s international version.. India

17. hassanmir 2 years ago said:

I am ok with the plastic body.. But not with Samsung’s Rim they put on every phone. The paint on my Note 2 rim came off and it looks terrible. If Samsung cannot produce quality rims, why not just remove the damn rim.

• taife32 2 years ago said:

My Note 2 is the N7100 version and appears to have a metal rim. The reason I’m saying that is because before I bought a protective cover last year I kept it for two months with no cover and you can see my abuse on the device. The rim has scratches but it still remains hard and looking metallic. I know the S3 and S3 Mini have a plastic rim we own them as well. South Africa

• taife32 2 years ago said:

The only difference I’ve noticed is that some photos of Note 2 on the net seem to have SAMSUNG hard printed on the back cover. On my phone its just ink printed.

• hassanmir 2 years ago said:

Agree.. but scratches!! they look terrible. White material below the silver paint gets visible.

5 out of 10 note 2′s I see have these ugly scratches on the rim, rest of the phone is always in almost perfect condition.

18. dsinghkr@gmail.com 2 years ago said:

So Far my S4 is one piece rim, but s3 has developed multiple cracks.

19. addicted2088 2 years ago said:

This is what happens when these manufacturers rush to make the next flagship, leaving no time to put them through a few weeks of testing. Heat problems, display problems, now this, seems Samsung just wanted to rush to market in a hurry without checking. Assholes.

20. iom_jack 2 years ago said:

find it on my S3.

21. laserblade 2 years ago said:

My S3 had that problem with 3 months old.
    I send it to warranty and they said it was from use and i had to pay 180€ of repair.

And now with 10 months old it is in that same condition.

I love the phone and it works perfectly but the build is cheat.

22. toi1em 2 years ago said:

I have 9500 in Vietnam, and this one have no problem.

23. Little Assassin 2 years ago said:

My S3 also have the same problem. I have 3 broken corners; Left side, right side and down side.

24. ozlion 2 years ago said:

i have the similar problem with my s4.but the crack isn’t around the display.it’s on the right of my s4,between the on/off button and back cover.its a tiny crack(1 mm)i’ve never dropped it before.its almost invisible and i dont care the crack but on /off button seems effected because of this crack,when i press the button it goes deeper to its hole and u dont feel the click sound.in my opinion its the best phone in the world,but they should do the corners more solid.(like aluminium alloy or something like this)my phone is made in china.

25. lambrosn 2 years ago said:

mine from china i9500 international , no rims no joins at all, one unit

26. Dmitry P 2 years ago said:

I can barely notice a couple of joins on my UK i9505, but no cracks, gaps or anything like in the pics you posted

27. cz pida 2 years ago said:

CZ I9505 , 2 small cracks on the left side :-(

28. HexaPro 2 years ago said:

That’s what happened with plastic bezel if it gets heated or pressed just enough. The stupid bezel should be metal and it should be thicker, the S4 display corner is just too narrow and only leaves a small space for the bezel. Stupid designer must have never thought about it, all they care is just the cosmetic sides, too bad it’s not the prettiest phone. I personally hate metal coz it would feel cold in your arm and on your cheek but come to think of the durability i’d prefer metal, at least for the bezel.

29. sljfdo 2 years ago said:

I have the same problem in 2 places near the volume button like in the first picture and i never dropped it, what is the solution for it, and why is it happening like that?

30. danielmstroe 2 years ago said:

Unfortunately I have the same problem. Starting two weeks ago the cracks appeared one by one and now are eight. What is very strange is the fact that three of them are in the exact same position like the one`s in your above pictures. I bought the phone two months ago and never dropped it till now, so I cannot figure the reason for this cracks.
    I would appreciate if you would tell me if this issues might be fix under warranty.

31. hadirosi 2 years ago said:

whats bad . My S4 also have the same problem such as my pre s2 without altaught i never dropped it . I have 2 broken corners; Left side just like sample picture and next the volume down key.
    it made in Vietnam and I’m from Iran
    Samsung please replay ??? why???

32. nascar895 2 years ago said:

My s4 also has this problem when i was bought it it doesn’t look like that. But after 2 months it appeared. Samsung fail

33. vuppalasuresh 2 years ago said:

My s4 also has this problem.what shall i do do right now.will showroom change the rim or not