Posted by Danny D. 1 year ago

Galaxy Mega 5.8 specifications confirmed

galaxy-mega

SamMobile just received the first specifications of Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Mega device, the Galaxy Mega 5.8. The Galaxy Mega codename GT-I9152 will be a high-end DUOS smartphone with a 5.8” qHD (960×540) TFT display. Samsung will give the Galaxy Mega 5.8 a 8 megapixel back camera and a 2 megapixel front camera. The processor would be a dual-core clocked at 1.4 GHz with 1.5 GB of RAM. Of course Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 80211 a/b/g/n and A-GPS are on the device too. Galaxy Mega 5.8 will have a 2600 mAh battery and the dimensions would be 164×83.8×9.7mm. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 will run on Android 4.1.2 / 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Samsung will use their own Nature UX interface on it.

Samsung’s latest high-end DUOS device the Galaxy Grand DUOS has a 5.0” display with a resolution of 480×800 this device has a dual-core processor clocked on 1.2 GHz. You can read the review of the Galaxy Grand DUOS by SamMobile this month!

* photo Korean Samsung Galaxy Player

7 comments on “Galaxy Mega 5.8 specifications confirmed

1. Steef 1 year ago said:

High end and a 960×540 display, I’m failing to see the connection here. This would be a high end device 2 years ago.

• Rawkusrex 1 year ago said:

I’m no expert when it comes to DUOS mobiles, but I’m guessing that these specs are considered high end when it comes to that category. I could be wrong though.

2. panacea007 1 year ago said:

I like Samsung Smartphones, I own an S II, and await for S4 and also for a high end Dualsim Phablet, I was wondering that Samsung China Launched Note 2 as dual sim and was craving that it comes to Saudi Arabia.
    But with the announcement of Mega 5.8 it seems sooner than later we can get it.
    It would have been best if a Dual Sim Note 3 comes out it would really rock

• emilcioran99 1 year ago said:

After the Samsung B7722 (last dual sim active), all the Duos line bringed us from Samsung are all… only crap.
      HTC has already the HTC One SU (T528W), a real dual sim active – dual processor.
      When Samsung will do a REAL dual sim phone, not these fake Duos?

3. bladehawk 1 year ago said:

I really hope this isn’t replacing the note 3. No true hd display, dual core instead of of oct-core. Color me let down if this is the note III. WTB high end phone with a decent size screen