Posted by FaryaabS 1 year ago

Korean Galaxy S4 (SHV-E300S) to use an Exynos 5 Octa SoC with LTE

S43

It looks like the Korean variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (SHV-E300S) will be using an Exynos 5 Octa SoC with LTE onboard. Samsung has been performing network tests with the Galaxy S4 from the past 29 days and has just finished this week. To test the Galaxy S4 in public, Samsung used a square box casing on the device to prevent the design from being leaked. The Korean Galaxy S4 is scheduled to be made available in the Korean market starting from the end of April or in the first week May.

The Galaxy S4 features a 4.99” Full HD Super AMOLED Display, an Exynos 5 Octa CPU, PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU and a 13 Megapixel Camera. The device comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Samsung’s TouchWiz Nature UX 2.0 running on top of it.

(Source: Naver)

11 comments on “Korean Galaxy S4 (SHV-E300S) to use an Exynos 5 Octa SoC with LTE

1. MarioCoronado 1 year ago said:

Could you please ask Samsung to bring that version to Australia? I have SO MUCH been waiting for this phone and will be getting the less atractive version with the Snapdragon 600. Would that version be shipped to other countries later on?

• gtone339 1 year ago said:

Well, I’m from NZ and since we’re international we should get the Exynos 5 Octa w/ LTE support.

This week, I asked Vodafone NZ that if we’ll ever get the Exynos 5 Octa w/ LTE support and the answer is “yes”.

Fingers crossed. :)

2. gasterakos 1 year ago said:

I don’t know why this year Samsung has make things so confused.Why this?3 versions of Galaxy S4?Why they just publish the Galaxy S4 Octa LTE to all over the world?Those moves maybe have bad results.We all expect the Octa version with LTE and we don’t want the snapdragon.Why he uses other cpu the time that the same Samsung creates chipset.And at last exynos can use LTE so what’s the point to release a different version with snapdragon.I don’t know what kind of strategy is this.Galaxy S III had Exynos with LTE and all goes well with selling e.t.c I think you must tell Samsung that many of people not like this and they must keep in mind that we want the Exynos OCTA in our countries even without LTE.Is better to give us both versions of I9500 and I9505 like S3 I9300 and I9305 and not only the snapdragon version.If they release only Exynos LTE in Korean would be no fair for us customers….

• thenanobyte 1 year ago said:

I’m sure there are limited supplies for the exynos. I’ve also read that it costs more to produce a unit for exynos than the Snapdragon variant because the LTE requires more parts on the exynos.

• bcbllpstjkd 1 year ago said:

The reason we don’t get the same version of phone through out the world is, for phone company to produce millions of different modeled phone is money chopper. It cost a lot to make same good phone to all contury. Also, even if they make same ones, will everyone buy this? I say no. People, choose many different types of phone and minor upgraded phone does not help to increase number of costommers. It’s a brand, not the phone. It is like why many people choose Iphone dispite the lower spec. (It should include ease of use)
      Anyway, and if you look in the internet, many phones perchased are not just used for phone. look at all the ‘drop tests.’ I wouldn’t make a good phone to sell if that is the case.
      Oh well story of my life.
      So, my conclusion is It Cost Money, And they don’t want it.
      That’s it.

3. Demo-Dash 1 year ago said:

Sounds depressing

4. mikedallastx2 1 year ago said:

I will be waiting for EXYNOS in the US,but by that time the iPhone 5S should be out too,so Samsung better watch out!I might change my mind.

5. ph00ny 1 year ago said:

I hate you US carriers.

6. josephcat 1 year ago said:

I’m pretty confident that I’ll get the Exynos Octa LTE because I’m on Sprint and judging from them requiring the Epic 4G Touch to have the Exynos duel core processor instead of the Snapdragon I hope they do the same with the S4. I have my fingers crossed!!

7. georgethechef 1 year ago said:

Any Ideas about when the Exynos Octa LTE will arrive to Europe and if it will come in UK?