Posted by DannyD 1 year ago

IMG-20130320-WA0008

There are too many question about the processor of Samsung’s flagship model the Galaxy S 4. Samsung will bring the Galaxy S 4 in the most European countries with the snapdragon version but some countries will get the Octa-Core version later! Below is a list of European countries which will get the Snapdragon 600 clocked at 1.9 Ghz or get the Exynos 5 Octa-Core clocked at 1.6 Ghz. We will update the list if needed. This time we choose for Europe only, but we will add all countries later!

No information about Latin America yet.

GT-I**** = Not decided yet.
GT-I9500 = Exynos

GT-I9505 – Slovenia
GT-I9505 – Spain
GT-I9505 – Switzerland
GT-I9505 – The Netherlands
GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – United Kingdom
GT-I9500 – Ukraine

121 comments on “Your country will get Exynos or Snapdragon variant of the Galaxy S 4, we have the answer!

1. byakuya 1 year ago said:

what about Morocco ?????

2. MeZo2012 1 year ago said:

what about Saudi Arabia???

3. Basim9955 1 year ago said:

Does the exynos supports lte ?

• Kelddaug 1 year ago said:

No, it does not support LTE, according to Samsung Denmark, thats why we will get the Qualcomm version in Scandinavia.

4. Czech1201 1 year ago said:

Are you kidding me? Czech rep. will have stupid snapdragon? I´m not going to buy this shit. Cz don´t even have LTE…

5. descargaasaco 1 year ago said:

No Exynos Octa for Spain??? If so I predict that lot of geeks will be dissapointed and won’t buy the S4… They prefer Exynos Octa because they want to have a unique processor not the same processor that many other brands will have

• Nisunu 1 year ago said:

Amazon.es displays GT-I9500 on its page. I asked them and they told me it was the Exynos variant they were going to sell. So may be this is only for carriers ? I don’t know, may be DannyD could answer ?

• DannyD 1 year ago said:

codes are based on country not on provider ;)

• Nisunu 1 year ago said:

Ok thanks for the quick reply. Then they must be wrong :(

• descargaasaco 1 year ago said:

It doesn’t make sense to sell an LTE device in Spain. Spain won’t have LTE till middle of 2014!

• vavrorvav 1 year ago said:

How does it not make sense? Wait 1year then use it for the rest of your life?!

• kaung 1 year ago said:

Why Samsung doesn’t sell 32 and 64GB in Thailand? It’s too bad….. I bought 16 GB S3 and I have only 10.5GB free but when I but app and game about 8GB and it’s crappy and too hot and drink battery! If Samsung galaxy s4 32 or 64 not sell in Thailand I won’t buy Samsung anymore because that’s killing customer……

• demlasjr 1 year ago said:

I talked with then yesterday and they told me that they don’t have all the information yet. There is I9500 on the page, but is saying Quad – core in description :( I will buy it from Germany if no Octa here. LTE is bulshit, I don’t care it, I’m fine with 3G. However I’m sure later this year there will be an exynos octa with lte

• iampiti 1 year ago said:

On Samsung Spain Twitter account they said Spain would get the Snapdragon so I guess the sammobile info is correct.
      I’d prefer the Exynos but if you really want it you can always buy the other version through the Internet.

6. pulkit2692 1 year ago said:

I live in US but have family in India, and therefore, was able to get Galaxy S3 I9300 instead of the US dual core version. I hope they bring the Exynos S4 to India!

7. Kelddaug 1 year ago said:

Tnx for the list… I’ll have to get one from Germany then.

8. alongmann 1 year ago said:

No Octa, no need to upgrade from my S3! Bulgaria

9. PLUG313 1 year ago said:

can you tell me which version Portugal will get?

10. Mr_VeGa 1 year ago said:

Yes viva la Germany!!! both versions….

11. bacondesign 1 year ago said:

What about Hungary? Thats Europe too.

12. cuijknoord 1 year ago said:

What’s the reason they won’t release Exynos version in so much EU Countries? I guess I need to buy it at Germany..

13. luuxiii 1 year ago said:

what about slovenia
    it is in europe =)

have a nice day.

14. carlosm15 1 year ago said:

Whats about Latin America.?

• carlosm15 1 year ago said:

Panama to be exactly..

• alfuen00 1 year ago said:

Confirmed by America Móvil the company behind Telcel and Claro that the s4 will arrive first in all countries as the Exynos5 octa variant, and later they will offer the lte version in the countries thta already have a lte network like México, in this one is supossed to be released at the same time because the are a lot of regions still outside lte coverage in México.

15. galaxynote22 1 year ago said:

Samsung Argentina CONFIRMED the S4 will come to Argentina in the Octa Core version, said it on the official facebook.
    S.m.bad english

16. PLANET 1 year ago said:

This is seriously strange. Not that I complain, Poland will get both version (only one out of four major operators provides LTE currently), but…

A question for you, SamMobile:
    How come Exynos version doesn’t support LTE?

The phone was supposed to be LTE international, either LTE built-in (SnapDragon) or a separate chip (Exynos). Now it turns out that LTE will only be present in the SnapDragons? WTF?

• demlasjr 1 year ago said:

True, also in the post made few days ago with the price in Italy, in the screenshot said Exynos and there was LTE connectivity specified. Why the hell Samsung didn’t have is all the information about this device?

17. amaya84 1 year ago said:

Spain obtain first i9500 not i9505

18. BartorKrajczyk 1 year ago said:

Poland gets both, fuck yea!

19. pinx0 1 year ago said:

It doesn’t make any sense to bring LTE version to Spain since we don’t and won’t have LTE for a few years at least.

20. atul4587 1 year ago said:

Do not worry guys if your country do not get octa version just order it from ebay or similar site .But yes octa core processor is the unique attractive thing in S4 rest of things we can get in other mobiles of SAMSUNG or other brands also

21. b_u_n_i 1 year ago said:

Hey Sammobile :D
    Ehm i am Afghan and I just want to mention that Afghanistan is in Asia, not Afrika ?!
    Thanks :)

22. shaq1907 1 year ago said:

Does anyone know which one will get updates first?

23. ff_cristina 1 year ago said:

The S4 will be cheaper because of the Snapdragon version?

24. Suburgatory 1 year ago said:

You say you want to buy your S4 in Germany? In here the confusion is as big as anywhere else. Even the providers don´t say anything about the processor. But most sell the s4 with LTE-contracts. Does this mean the snapdragon is the processor?
    And did I get this wrong? The octacore processor will not support LTE?

25. m4rioo 1 year ago said:

so which one is better – exynos or snapdragon ?

26. Shagon 1 year ago said:

Do you have any information about Hungary?

27. ff_cristina 1 year ago said:

The S4 will be cheaper because of the Snapdragon version? PLEASE REPLY

28. pzstm 1 year ago said:

No info about Hungary? It’s in Europe too…

29. TAT1980 1 year ago said:

comon girls.

everytime same question!!!

exynos is better. go to xda galaxy s4 forum, there you will find your answer!!!

why the exynos is better.

look in antutu: i9500 is better as the i9505.

but you have to know if you want LTE.
    snap 600is a really good too!

30. Madjid 1 year ago said:

Good for Algeria,We look forward to its release for purchase !!

31. davidmclaren 1 year ago said:

How come cyprus is not getting exynos? We dont have 4g lte here :/

32. qwertyqaz 1 year ago said:

Uzbekistan is surely not in Europe :D

33. M3HM3T 1 year ago said:

Octa Core for Switzerland ???

34. gasterakos 1 year ago said:

Guys. Tell Samsung that will be mega fail if in Greece Galaxy S4 will come only with ΓΤ-Ι9505. The Germany and France And Russia and others that have already 4G before Greece they will take both GT-I9500/GT-I9505 so that’s must be the way to Greece to things go fair. If only come the GT-I9505 i know how we are here and samsung will not sale much pieces. Already many people that i know they look forward to buy for sure the GT-I9500 with OCTA and only. So give a word to Samsung to keep the same way and bring us the both models or only the OCTA. For God Sake

35. blenky 1 year ago said:

The list says the UK will get both variants yet every other site is reporting that Samsung has confirmed that UK is to get quad core and not octa-core. So who is right here?

• DannyD 1 year ago said:

Our list is based on the test firmwares for both models.
      For exmaple the latest fw for the GT-I9500 is I9500XXUAMCD The latest firmware for the GT-I9505 is also I9505XXUAMCD.

Because Samsung still make firmwares for UK based on 2 versions we say GT-I9500 / GT-I9505.

We checked the full list based on countrycode. Which is BTU for UK.

36. bladehawk 1 year ago said:

I want to know if (at a later date) the octa-core will be available in the US.

37. JohnSweden 1 year ago said:

Can someone state the actual differences between snapdragon and exynos, except lte compability?
    Couldn’t the 1.9 ghz weigh up for the less cores? I mean, a phone shouldn’t even be able to utilize 8 cores (or 2×4 cores as some argue)

38. Ajgnd55 1 year ago said:

What about the United States? Also, when is the release date for the United States?

39. itsmylife15 1 year ago said:

Why on earth would Australia get the snapdragon? We got the exynos S3 and note 2.

40. gtone339 1 year ago said:

Please oh please!! New Zealand should get the GT-I9500/Exynos 5 Octa!!!! :)

41. carlos777 1 year ago said:

Hi, there won’t be any possibility to buy a SGS4 with the Octa Processor in Spain?
    And if it’s so, why does Samsung want to sell the SGS4 with Qualcomm in Spain, we don’t have LTE networks yet! The Octa would be much better.

42. vistarious 1 year ago said:

SGS4 for GT version will not be used in Korea but SHV-000S/K/L
    I heard SGS4 for Korean will use Octa-core with 4G LTE.

43. maxiii 1 year ago said:

y america? argentina?

44. TAT1980 1 year ago said:

I’ve just also thought about where you have the source, but as you can see every time the firmware, I thought, there must be Test firmwares, where you can see the device number.

45. codrinst 1 year ago said:

Hi everyone. Maybe DannyD will answer to my question. I see in the list that Romania will receive the Snapdragon variant of S4, my question is if it’s any difference of power between snapdragon and exynos cuz I know one of them is quad-core clocked at 1.9ghz and one of the is octa-core clocked at 1.6ghz. Maybe the snapdragon it’s overclocked so high to have the same potential as Exynos octa? I also know from you Sammobile that snapdragon supports 4G LTE and Exynos octa don’t because of some supra heating issues.

46. tam13 1 year ago said:

Very disappointed that its quad core for the UK, it was the processor and the screen that set it better than the s3, but its just the screen now and early reports are saying the HTC one screen is better so I’m not sure what phone I’ll get now whereas my heart was set on the s4. Samsung are gonna lose sales to HTC and Sony with this decision

47. JinX 1 year ago said:

In Brasil they´re saying that both variants, i9500 and i9505, will be available by april 26th.

Personaly, i think that the exynos version will be better to exchange ROMs, without having to worry too much with MODEM, the LTE version will be harder because of the different LTE frequencies.

On the other hand, Qualcomm chipsets must be easier to get the code…

48. -Grift- 1 year ago said:

Fucking kidding me? The snapdragon version for Singapore? Well done Singapore telcos total BS networks and now this… Get your 3G right before 4G ….. On a good note better support for ROMs :) no more exynos :p

49. ialeixo 1 year ago said:

Samsung Brazil has already announced that they’re gonna release both versions, 3G and LTE.

50. ThePrince 1 year ago said:

Romania will get the I9505, as i know only one carrier had LTE the rest are HSPA/3G+. Not so good news with only a variant but i think i’ll buy the unbranded one from local store, that is from Germany – DBT as my S2. Great news for some countries but bad for others.

51. willi23 1 year ago said:

what about the version of the s3 without LTE?

whats the spec code of it??

52. rs4 1 year ago said:

This was nice info.

BUT are there any info on where it will sell 64gb intern memory SGS4?
    In Norway we will only get 16Gb memory, and I would buy 64Gb version.

53. vbx 1 year ago said:

Just boycott the S4 and Samsung products. Samsung has lost touch with reality. It’s releasing way too many damn products and has offered ZERO SUPPORT for their devices.

The good thing is, Samsung doesn’t have a monopoly on android devices like Crapple does with ios. So we don’t have to be dumb sheeps like the crazy crapple fan boys.

54. Maorazoulay 1 year ago said:

What the crackk only in Israel the havent decided yet?

55. mk1980 1 year ago said:

Slovakia – Central Europe, I have bought only for EXYNOS S3 – it`s just speedier and better phone like US S3 dualcore.
    MANY people from Slovakia and from Europe also me won`t buy Snapdragon 600 version of S4, we feel cheated , if big countries like our neighbour POLAND! could decide and buy octa core and close country Germany, France, Italy – yeah the big ones could decide ! they have also more LTE possibilities and still they can decide for octacore 3G, it`s absolutelly logical to leave decision on customers only! pls wake up, no company is doing this wrong marketing high end model and absolutelly different hardware. Pls skip octacore for everyone or let us decide which one we like to buy. I would never buy Samsung S line if you will force us to buy LTE slower phones against more high tech energy efficient and more speedy Exynos machines. Pls really wake up! I`m your huge fan, but this is not fair at all, not acceptable.

• mk1980 1 year ago said:

other thing Slovakia don`t have LTE and is not building within 3 maybe more years LTE network ! we have no advantage of Snapdragon, except your distribution and Exynos capacity production, and cost issues are in the background, which is loosing reason in 3G country only. Exynos Octa for us and 3G countries pls as well.

56. Steef 1 year ago said:

Hopefully the Netherlands will get the Exynos later this year. I don’t want LTE on my phone cause its too damn expensive and only small area’s got it here.
    Besides, I won’t upgrade to the S4 Sanpdragon from my S3 Exynos. 4xA15 beast cores (and 4xA7) or no go!

57. md_rayan 1 year ago said:

Great, India will be getting the Exynos version… :)

58. doctorslim 1 year ago said:

GT-I9500 / GT-I9505 – United Kingdom………i cant wait

59. Hassan6966 1 year ago said:

My country has both!! :D

60. bjoe 1 year ago said:

What about Hungary?

61. vassbak 1 year ago said:

GT-I9505 – Macedonia : Macedonia is Greek!

62. ijnahr 1 year ago said:

and we here in the Philippines will get both? maybe because high end phones here will always be Samsung and Apple, and 2 of the carriers are offering LTE. im getting the exynos. LTE here costs $42 per 10gb and its already very hard to afford that per monthly basis.

63. bejito81 1 year ago said:

Samsung decided they sold too many phones in Europe already?
    No exynos in my country, ok no S4 for me

how stupid can they be?

• gabi_hanea2002 1 year ago said:

well as for me and is an alternative htc one

• Steef 1 year ago said:

Indeed, think I’ll go for the HTC One for a year if I can’t get an Exynos S4. Build quality and design of the One is just great, but the Exynos octa would make me pick the S4 over it.

64. melvarius 1 year ago said:

So has anyone got any ideas on the s5 specs? or will it be another s4 shambles?

The UK networks will be pushing the LTE variant so that they can charge a premium for the 4G data use (although 3 say that wont be the case)

I’m hoping lots of the dumb users will go for 4G. That should ease the congestion on 3G and I’ll see decent speeds again. 7mb/s+ is a distant memory these days. (unless I’m awake a 3 in the morning)

65. Aquaboyz 1 year ago said:

Samsung will be bringing both variants to Malaysia??? I LIKE!!!!

66. androgenium 1 year ago said:

Hi there!
    If you need the octa-core version of S4 very welcome to Ukraine!
    It’ll be more expensive than in Germany but 100% octa! :-)

67. kwn0602 1 year ago said:

How about Canada????

68. gabi_hanea2002 1 year ago said:

I’m from romania my opinion this is the dumbest thing made ​​by Samsung to make a difference. I bought samsung i9000 and i9100 and i9300 but now the shit that make me get a better htc one. I hope not to make such a stupid. thanks

69. kaung 1 year ago said:

I have been using Samsung Since Galaxy S to galaxy s3 including note but I don’t buy 16GB anymore because of only 10.5GB left to use and if you put app about 8GB and you phone is crap…. so if I buy S4 I will buy 32 or 64 but my country doesn’t sell 32 and 64 so better to go with HTC One….. Bye Bye Samsung

• atul4587 1 year ago said:

I think most of the app have capability to run from external SD card.Buy 32GB SDHC memory card keep internal phone storage free.That’s biggest advantage of SAMSUNG (provide external SD card slot)

70. dj_suca 1 year ago said:

bye samsung .. hello htc… for me in portugal…

71. Pomegranate 1 year ago said:

DannyD, the fact that your article states that Korea will get both GT-I9500 and GT-I9505 makes it just as reliable as a 5 year old claiming they saw a UFO. In the past, Samsung has always released a variant with a DMB tuner and other customization for Korean. Who knows if Samsung will release a third variant like the GT-I9100G which had TI-OMAP?

72. Lstoompy 1 year ago said:

So i’m from australia is it worth me buying an Exynos variant of the s4 from overseas or should i just take the snapdragon

73. pietergoos 1 year ago said:

UPDATE: South Africa -> GT-I9500

74. agustinrc89 1 year ago said:

Argentina -> GT-I9500 (confirmed, it’s already in pre-buy)

75. 1981 1 year ago said:

Hey guys,
    Can someone help me out here. I am in UK, but my S4 , i9505 doesnt show an LTE option in the mobile network settings, only gsm and wcdma are shown. Shouldnt LTE be shown too.
    Could it be coz I am using 3UK network?

76. niccooo 1 year ago said:

Im from the Philippines but i think my S4 is from hong kong. can i install the firmware update for the philippines in my phone?