Posted by DannyD 1 year ago

Samsung to delay Galaxy Tab 7.7′s Jelly Bean update

tab77

There is some bad news for Galaxy Tab 7.7 users. Samsung’s first AMOLED tablet, the Galaxy Tab 7.7, will receive Android 4.1.2 later than planned. Samsung is having some problems with the Exynos processor. A good thing to know is some of the Galaxy Note 10.1 features will be included in the Galaxy Tab 7.7 premium suite update. The Update has been sceduled for May / June this year. There is no further information but we will keep you infirmed.

Samsung announced the Galaxy Tab 7.7 2 years ago at IFA in Berlin. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 is Samsung’s first tablet with an AMOLED display, Exynos processor and a 3 megapixel camera. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 is great for watching videos because black is real black as the backlight is off thanks to AMOLED technology.

26 comments on “Samsung to delay Galaxy Tab 7.7′s Jelly Bean update

1. chrisrotolo 1 year ago said:

wow, many people will be upset. This is just really unacceptable. JB has been out for nearly a year now.

Samsung is “having trouble” with the Exynos processors?
    hmmm. yeah I call BS.

since we’ve head nothing else about the tab plus 7.0, I am just going to assume it is likely the same issue.

Just release one stable build for one CSC. Most of us know how to use Odin and will all flash the same build.. and help those who can’t figure it out.

Come on, just one good build (and source code please) Sammy…

• Slipurson 1 year ago said:

unacceptable? When i bought mine there was nothing telling me that i could expect any upgrades for it whatsoever. Just because google release a new version of Android doesnt mean every manufacturer have to release it just because “we know it works” ;)

I can agree on the processor problem beeing abit strange tho.

As for the part about one CSC för each model, yeah there would be alot of us knowing what to do, but i am sure the rest of the millions of users (for hardware like SGS2/3 etc) out there dont know :)

2. rupak 1 year ago said:

People are loosing their patience. And btw the rear camera is 3 megapixles not 5 :)

3. kitten1711 1 year ago said:

I’m just pleased Samsung have confirmed there will definitely be an update for this tablet – looked for a while there like they’d forgotten us……

4. bassem.mohsen 1 year ago said:

I wonder what kind of issue they have with Exynos processors, the same processor chip is used with Galaxy S II, and Galaxy NOTE I, and their updates are out from weeks ago.

It doesn’t make any sense at all !!

5. galaxyace123 1 year ago said:

Damn! Why do people start complaining? Just wait a few more months for JB. No other OEM has extended support for a two year old tab.

6. nazyr1803 1 year ago said:

well i a little bit angry because the ttab 7 plus jelly bean is not out yet in Malaysia..i hate waiting…please give the update..i dont want to waste my money buy another phone,tab or phablet!!

7. Barton 1 year ago said:

So even Samsung has problems with Exynos. Nice.

8. galaxyguy 1 year ago said:

This is garbage, the tablet is basically an S2 in a bigger body.. Disgraceful Excuse

• uze 1 year ago said:

lol. I have daily experience with 3 Android tablets in similar portable size: SGT7.7 3G@CM10, Motorola Xoom2ME3G@Stock ICS, and Google Nexus 7 WiFi@Stock JB4.2.
      I love 7.7 most from this three ones.
      Some of Pros and Cons:
      SGT7.7: +awesome screen, +excellent battery life, +full phone funcionality, +good build quality, -poor speakers -Samsung 30pin connector
      Moto Xoom2ME: +excellent build quality, +awesome stereo speakres, +HDMI output, -battery life, -screen quality (low contrast and visible sensors grid)
      Nexus7: +Fast updates, +good screen, -Tegra3 issues (bad compatibility in many games), -lack of rear camera, -lack of uSD support

So excuse.. for me this is very good device. better than other ones

9. parasu 1 year ago said:

OK really bad news so i think my galaxy ace plus will get this update in next year :(

10. behnam_juve 1 year ago said:

s2 note s3 note2 and …… Exynos!!!!
    Shame samsung
    Samsung is having some problems with the Exynos processor !!!!!
    Shame

11. neimovirne 1 year ago said:

I hate samsung!

12. mohdaamer 1 year ago said:

Hey this tab is not 2 years old 7.7 annouced in ifa 2011 and release in later 2012 february iso 1 year old

13. darthvidor 1 year ago said:

Stock 4.0.4 is already good for the 7.7 … 4.1.2 is very much welcomed, even when late.

• vbx 1 year ago said:

You probably never touched a Jelly Bean tab before. Jelly Bean makes ICS look like DOS command prompt.

JB is smooth as butter.

14. vbx 1 year ago said:

This is complete B.S. Samsung is just trying to “buy time” because we all know Samsung has officially ditched the 7.7 tablet. They do not want to invest any resource to “push” the JB update for the 7.7. Instead they are focusing on the newer tabs and their flagship devices such as the S2, S3 and so on.

I doubt the processor has anything to do with the delay. I mean, Samsung has a record of LAGGING when it comes to OS updates. Look how long it took for ICS. So to flat out lie to us and blame it on the “processor” is complete B.S. We know is all about Samsung having a hard time keeping up with the updates because they have way too many devices.

How many freaking tablets have they released? How many phones have they released? When was Samsung ever on time with the updates?

15. sielik 1 year ago said:

What a stupid lark about update. It’s nearly the same internals as Note N7000 which receiving update now. Don’t play stupid with your customers Samsung…

16. Slutre 1 year ago said:

Wow! This is awesome news. I must say that my 7.7 tab is by far my favourite Galaxy device and the difference between Honeycomb and ICS was *MaSsIvE!*. I’m very happy with ICS, it has a couple of minor glitches here and there but for the most part runs fine. I tried a few custom roms too but went back to official for all the Samsung connectivity features and overall stability.
    After using some of my other devices with official Jellybean, I’m really looking forward to the update… Last year it was sounding like the 7.7 tab was being left to age gracefully with ICS. Samsung are finally gonna pull their finger out and give us something that will make our vivid as hell 7.7 screens shine and dance with some of that silky smooth Jellybean action!
    Thank you very much… I dont mind waiting either. ;-)

17. katarusiva 1 year ago said:

If they have a problems with exynos processor means so why they invented that always skipping the updates
    ?even though rhey r not taking about gtab p6200 i dont know why samsung is concentarting only on note 2 s3 s2 etc

18. tobit87 1 year ago said:

I love my Tab 7.7. I don’t mind waiting for JB update :D

19. mortezasharifinia 1 year ago said:

I like my galaxy tab 7.7
    I hope Samsung update that to 4.4 android (kit kat)
    I don’t waiting for Kit Kat update