Posted by Martin R. 1 year ago

Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean leak Galaxy Ace 2

fruity jelly beans

As reported before the Galaxy Ace 2 is going to be upgrade to Android 4.1.2. Since the first screenshots were leaked by SamMobile we knew that Samsung will upgrade the handset to Jelly Bean. As you may notice by the screenshots is Samsung going to change the whole interface, the new interface will be Samsung’s own Nature UX interface. Of course is this a lighter version of the Nature UX interface than by the Galaxy S3.

Today we present to you one of the latest pre-released firmware for the Galaxy Ace 2 based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean which dates February 17. Below the instructions how to install this firmware. Please remind flashing is at your own risk, our advice is to wait until Samsung released the update for the Galaxy Ace 2 by them selves.

Get ODIN
Select PDA, select CODE file.
Select CSC, select CSC file
Download Mode and flash

Information about the firmware:
Android 4.1.2
Date February 19
PDA – I8160XXMB2
CSC – I8160OXAMB4

Download the firmware here!
Ace2JB2 Ace2JB1

• No Related Posts

62 comments on “Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean leak Galaxy Ace 2

1. arkgum 1 year ago said:

in title 4.2.1 here i see 4.1.2

• karthik gowtham 1 year ago said:

See Properly It is 4.1.2

2. Pyro 1 year ago said:

If installing with ODIN will this increase the binary counter? And will it keep or wipe the apps currently installed?

• gavanid 1 year ago said:

I8160XXMB4 is out, (look for itin XDA)
      You’e counter should reset as it’s a full samsung not custom rom

3. amir_n71 1 year ago said:

samy please Mini 2 JB
    our phone need this

4. vaibhavdcool 1 year ago said:

when for galaxy ace plus?

5. JiGNeSH_DroiD 1 year ago said:

sammy please say some words on ace plus also…pls.. :(

6. ichitaka79 1 year ago said:

7. galaxymini 2 1 year ago said:

galaxy mini 2 ?? :(

8. juanmr 1 year ago said:

hola , porque si mi telefono es liberado y traido de reino unido, porque no recibe la actualizacion de jelly beam aun mi telefono es un galaxy s2 gt-i9100.

9. wilmerh20 1 year ago said:

please… somebody tell us about the release date of JB Ace Plus s7500L

10. izapd 1 year ago said:

stolen from XDA (posted there 24th feb) without credit. Nice going sammobile…

• MartinR 1 year ago said:

Stolen this was in our tipbox this morning … So maybe he leaked it there too. We are not like to steal from XDA… You should know that!

11. m7mdadel 1 year ago said:

for which country

12. TMHKR 1 year ago said:

Don’t worry amir_n71, Ace 2 is the big brother of Mini 2 so it’s only a matter of time…

13. jagonz111 1 year ago said:

is it compatible with ace 2 8160L ???

14. salence 1 year ago said:

Everything works perfectly! thank you very much :) I’m very grateful :)

15. mohdaamer 1 year ago said:

samsung is a bullshit only focusing on cheap products still no jelly bean for its premium tab 7.7 shame and even no leaks

16. mohdaamer 1 year ago said:

going for ipad atleast gets updates regularly

17. mohdaamer 1 year ago said:

if samsung dont update tab 7.7 this month im off sealing it going for ipad

18. mohdaamer 1 year ago said:

dont ever buy samsung premium and high price tablet

19. TMHKR 1 year ago said:

Only focusing on cheap products? Please tell me how many Samsung low-ends received Jelly Bean lately…

20. Neku_S 1 year ago said:

Works great for me.

21. vaibhavdcool 1 year ago said:

lol…focussing on cheap products…galaxy s3 galaxy note 2 galaxy note…are they cheap??none of samsung’s mid range phones have received the jelly bean update yet.

22. rojotloz 1 year ago said:

Its compatible with i8160l?

23. mohdaamer 1 year ago said:

Hey guys i mean galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt 2 10.1 galaxy s advance galaxy tab 7.0 plus still no jelly bean for its high end previous tab 10.1 7.7 and even they update gs 2 with premium suite which was sold 40 million

24. mohdaamer 1 year ago said:

Hey guys i mean galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt 2 10.1 galaxy s advance galaxy tab 7.0 plus still no jelly bean for its high end previous tab 10.1 7.7 and even they didt update gs 2 with premium suite which was sold 40 million

25. mohdaamer 1 year ago said:

And ya in my country they are the cheapest of all

26. snakah 1 year ago said:

Please let us know if Galaxy Ace S5830i will have any update apart from 2.3.6, It still a best phone, Samsung kindly assist

27. snakah 1 year ago said:

If samsung galaxy music can run android 4.0.4, why can’t samsung give galaxy ace S5830i a rise to new firmware its has 830Mhz while Galaxy Music has 850Mhz that’s very small difference more to that S5830i has better hardware e.g 5MP cam, bigger display LED flash etc, HELP US

• gerywahyu 1 year ago said:

well if you really want to know why. You can see that galaxy ace has 256 mb of RAM and galaxy music has 512 mb of ram. ICS a minimum of 512 mb of Ram. So you can’t get an ICS on galaxy ace. And by the way why you didn’t search for any custom rom out there?

• snakah 1 year ago said:

Kindly direct me where to get best custom ROMs for Galaxy ACe S5830i as most ROMs have seen are for Ace S5830, at the moment am using official 2.3.6

28. mac_kot 1 year ago said:

Anyone tried it on GT-I8160L? Is it compatible?

29. cocoe68 1 year ago said:

Does this version will be compatible for 8160P? If yes, how to upgrade for this variant?

30. karlxs3 1 year ago said:

Everything works great… The new interface is really amazing! And I dont saw any bugs or something… Only the polish translation have some english words in the first steps menu. You can be sure, that this firmware works smooth and do not have any really bad issues.

+ new, better music player!
    + better lock screen, widgets and interface
    + works smooth and have some good improvements, that makes working with you ace much easier
    - i think the swype keyboard from 2.3.6 was better than version included in 4.1.2

Sorry for my bad english, i am from Poland and learn english form manga, games and movies ;)

• karlxs3 1 year ago said:

ah, i forgot about something – there is no issue with sharing pictures from your gallery and i do not have any bugs from described here:

ichitaka79 on 25 February 2013 at 12:06 said:
      “Leak installed and found few bugs: I had to remove the antivirus as it was crashing all the time. SMS messaging (default app) doesn’t open and crash (with 3 strange vibrations). From inside any app I cannot share pictures via the gallery; first I have to go to gallery and then I can share the pictures to any app. Keep testing :)”

31. Tremor175 1 year ago said:

Will this also work for the I8160L?? Nobody’s answering this question..
    And will the I8160L also get the official update? Because you just post it with the name Galaxy Ace 2, so we don’t know if its for the I8160L too.. Please respond

• renanrs 1 year ago said:

I tried to install in GT-I8160L, but did don’t work.
      Stays stuck in ODIN.
      I had to install the original ROM to revive the device.

• Marcelo Freitas 1 year ago said:

I had the same problem with the GT-I8160L. I hope the problem is resolved when the official version is released.

32. Elishco 1 year ago said:

My i9001 just GB 2.3.6 SHAME on samsung!İ know my phone can run with ics and JB rom.Because with custom rom’s work perfet.But , samsung won’t upragade it.In my opinion its last my samsung phone!

33. ace 2 1 year ago said:

link download error

34. moustafa90 1 year ago said:

hi i downloaded the rom and flashed it but i didn’t like it so i downgraded to 2.3.6 but the problem is my device keeps stuck on ‘galaxy ace’ 2 and wont open !!!

35. DanielNicee 1 year ago said:

Now… say I want to return to stock ROM, how would I do this?
    My Ace 2 is not rooted, I don’t really see the point because I don’t really need overclock and I certainly never will put a Custom ROM in it.
    I want to return to stock ROM so that when Samsung release the update themselves, I can update it from them. (I’m very nervous when it comes to Warranty issues and such)

36. Marcelo Freitas 1 year ago said:

Beware, does not work on GT-I8160L.

37. YannisB. 1 year ago said:

Hey people,

I’ve updated my GT-i8160 (PDA – I8160XXM4!! btw)

and I don’t really believe anyone can prefer 2.3.6. to 4.1.2, aesthetically wise, eventhough there are some stability and performance issues:

1) sometimes there is no responsiveness and I’m stuck with a black screen, after 1 sec the keys light up, then I can hear the system bleep sound and in 4 secs we are back on :P

2) I had serious issues with my ext.SD -until I formatted it using my phone. Generally you cannot trasfer apps in there but you can tranfer evrything else like music, files etc. My camera app is using my ext SD to save the images/videos which is nice. Some apps like music palyers will not find the music on your ext SD unless you open the folder with a file manager and play it for the first time from there. Then apparently it makes an association.

3) Issues with int SD. For a strange reason when I move apps from the int SD to the phone memory the space in the int SD is still occupied and non usable. So you can fill up (as I did) your int SD for no reason. The only solution I found was to format my Int SD and install apps in the phone’s memory in the first place.

4) I have some issues with music playback. I get a lot of cracks during music playback and is not due to the file ( I’ve checked it). I feel it is also connected with the issues I had with YouTube playback.

I prefer dealing with an issue now and then than be stuck with 2.3.6. (I had it for 2 years in different Samsung phones). I can’t believe that there’ll be an official update anytime soon based on the fact that even for SII the official jelly bean update has not reach my country (Greece) yet. If there is not support for the flagships then I will not be lucky soon ;)

Enjoy!!

• Waz Baz 1 year ago said:

I updated my ace 2 to jelly bean and i’m having the same issues as you.
      Samsung is so lazy with the updates, samsung should have released the Ace 2 with jelly bean.

38. salence 1 year ago said:

I use it for a week now and it works great. I do not know why you have a problem. everything is working great.

39. Galaxyaceplus 1 year ago said:

When galaxy ace plus jelly bean update? I’ve been waiting for along time. Get this when I bought this phone the salesman said when I get home I can straight away update it to jelly bean but this wasn’t the case, very angry hurry up samsung

40. sh@d 1 year ago said:

can anyone tell me if it works for my I8160p, regards from Cuba.

41. moi59 1 year ago said:

I can’t update with Odin, blocking in “NAND Write Start”

42. flash_bboy 1 year ago said:

Samsung forgot to update the phones mentioned in the news .i see they aren’t serious at all.

43. goatcraft 1 year ago said:

Hi all.

Can anybody please advise if this leak can be done on a GT-I8160 galaxy ace 2 device in Indonesia? I know that the sim card and SD card are taken off prior to starting all these upgrades, so does this mean that even though regions are limited to only some of the European countries but doing this in countries not in that region will be possible? Saw the battery socket on my phone and it says “made in China”, in case this info would help to determine this.

Thanking you in advance. Any reliable info will be much appreciated.

44. diosaputra 1 year ago said:

Sam , i have installed jelly bean XXMB2 on my galaxy ace 2 . it’s working but there’s a bug in the bluetooth . my phone need restart every time i turn it on. is this firmware like that?

45. Ambiguous 1 year ago said:

Hey, I’ve installed this two days ago. But I do have a question. Can I still update when the official firmware comes out, even though my phone is running on this leaked one version? Hope someone can give me an answer! :-)

Btw, I did find one bug: sometimes my phone goes black and I have to restart my phone again. It happened a couple times..

46. viddin 1 year ago said:

when the original version come out for indonesia?

47. Charbelaj71 1 year ago said:

is there arabic language in it ?