Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean leak Galaxy Ace 2

As reported before the Galaxy Ace 2 is going to be upgrade to Android 4.1.2. Since the first screenshots were leaked by SamMobile we knew that Samsung will upgrade the handset to Jelly Bean. As you may notice by the screenshots is Samsung going to change the whole interface, the new interface will be Samsung’s own Nature UX interface. Of course is this a lighter version of the Nature UX interface than by the Galaxy S3.

Today we present to you one of the latest pre-released firmware for the Galaxy Ace 2 based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean which dates February 17. Below the instructions how to install this firmware. Please remind flashing is at your own risk, our advice is to wait until Samsung released the update for the Galaxy Ace 2 by them selves.

Select PDA, select CODE file.
Select CSC, select CSC file
Download Mode and flash

Information about the firmware:
Android 4.1.2
Date February 19
PDA – I8160XXMB2

Download the firmware here!
Ace2JB2 Ace2JB1

Firmware news 62

1 year 5 months ago

is there arabic language in it ?

2 years 7 months ago

when the original version come out for indonesia?

2 years 7 months ago

Hey, I’ve installed this two days ago. But I do have a question. Can I still update when the official firmware comes out, even though my phone is running on this leaked one version? Hope someone can give me an answer! :-)

Btw, I did find one bug: sometimes my phone goes black and I have to restart my phone again. It happened a couple times..

2 years 7 months ago

Sam , i have installed jelly bean XXMB2 on my galaxy ace 2 . it’s working but there’s a bug in the bluetooth . my phone need restart every time i turn it on. is this firmware like that?

2 years 7 months ago

Hi all.

Can anybody please advise if this leak can be done on a GT-I8160 galaxy ace 2 device in Indonesia? I know that the sim card and SD card are taken off prior to starting all these upgrades, so does this mean that even though regions are limited to only some of the European countries but doing this in countries not in that region will be possible? Saw the battery socket on my phone and it says “made in China”, in case this info would help to determine this.

Thanking you in advance. Any reliable info will be much appreciated.

2 years 8 months ago

Samsung forgot to update the phones mentioned in the news .i see they aren’t serious at all.

2 years 8 months ago

I can’t update with Odin, blocking in “NAND Write Start”

2 years 8 months ago

can anyone tell me if it works for my I8160p, regards from Cuba.

2 years 8 months ago

When galaxy ace plus jelly bean update? I’ve been waiting for along time. Get this when I bought this phone the salesman said when I get home I can straight away update it to jelly bean but this wasn’t the case, very angry hurry up samsung

2 years 8 months ago

I use it for a week now and it works great. I do not know why you have a problem. everything is working great.

Hey people,

I’ve updated my GT-i8160 (PDA – I8160XXM4!! btw)

and I don’t really believe anyone can prefer 2.3.6. to 4.1.2, aesthetically wise, eventhough there are some stability and performance issues:

1) sometimes there is no responsiveness and I’m stuck with a black screen, after 1 sec the keys light up, then I can hear the system bleep sound and in 4 secs we are back on :P

2) I had serious issues with my ext.SD -until I formatted it using my phone. Generally you cannot trasfer apps in there but you can tranfer evrything else like music, files etc. My camera app is using my ext SD to save the images/videos which is nice. Some apps like music palyers will not find the music on your ext SD unless you open the folder with a file manager and play it for the first time from there. Then apparently it makes an association.

3) Issues with int SD. For a strange reason when I move apps from the int SD to the phone memory the space in the int SD is still occupied and non usable. So you can fill up (as I did) your int SD for no reason. The only solution I found was to format my Int SD and install apps in the phone’s memory in the first place.

4) I have some issues with music playback. I get a lot of cracks during music playback and is not due to the file ( I’ve checked it). I feel it is also connected with the issues I had with YouTube playback.

I prefer dealing with an issue now and then than be stuck with 2.3.6. (I had it for 2 years in different Samsung phones). I can’t believe that there’ll be an official update anytime soon based on the fact that even for SII the official jelly bean update has not reach my country (Greece) yet. If there is not support for the flagships then I will not be lucky soon ;)

Waz Baz
2 years 8 months ago

I updated my ace 2 to jelly bean and i’m having the same issues as you.
Samsung is so lazy with the updates, samsung should have released the Ace 2 with jelly bean.

Marcelo Freitas
2 years 8 months ago

Beware, does not work on GT-I8160L.

2 years 8 months ago

Now… say I want to return to stock ROM, how would I do this?
My Ace 2 is not rooted, I don’t really see the point because I don’t really need overclock and I certainly never will put a Custom ROM in it.
I want to return to stock ROM so that when Samsung release the update themselves, I can update it from them. (I’m very nervous when it comes to Warranty issues and such)

2 years 8 months ago

hi i downloaded the rom and flashed it but i didn’t like it so i downgraded to 2.3.6 but the problem is my device keeps stuck on ‘galaxy ace’ 2 and wont open !!!

ace 2

link download error

2 years 8 months ago

My i9001 just GB 2.3.6 SHAME on samsung!İ know my phone can run with ics and JB rom.Because with custom rom’s work perfet.But , samsung won’t upragade it.In my opinion its last my samsung phone!

2 years 8 months ago

Will this also work for the I8160L?? Nobody’s answering this question..
And will the I8160L also get the official update? Because you just post it with the name Galaxy Ace 2, so we don’t know if its for the I8160L too.. Please respond

2 years 8 months ago

I tried to install in GT-I8160L, but did don’t work.
Stays stuck in ODIN.
I had to install the original ROM to revive the device.

Marcelo Freitas
2 years 8 months ago

I had the same problem with the GT-I8160L. I hope the problem is resolved when the official version is released.

2 years 8 months ago

Everything works great… The new interface is really amazing! And I dont saw any bugs or something… Only the polish translation have some english words in the first steps menu. You can be sure, that this firmware works smooth and do not have any really bad issues.

+ new, better music player!
+ better lock screen, widgets and interface
+ works smooth and have some good improvements, that makes working with you ace much easier
- i think the swype keyboard from 2.3.6 was better than version included in 4.1.2

Sorry for my bad english, i am from Poland and learn english form manga, games and movies ;)

2 years 8 months ago

ah, i forgot about something – there is no issue with sharing pictures from your gallery and i do not have any bugs from described here:

ichitaka79 on 25 February 2013 at 12:06 said:
“Leak installed and found few bugs: I had to remove the antivirus as it was crashing all the time. SMS messaging (default app) doesn’t open and crash (with 3 strange vibrations). From inside any app I cannot share pictures via the gallery; first I have to go to gallery and then I can share the pictures to any app. Keep testing :)”

2 years 8 months ago

Does this version will be compatible for 8160P? If yes, how to upgrade for this variant?

2 years 8 months ago

Anyone tried it on GT-I8160L? Is it compatible?

2 years 8 months ago

If samsung galaxy music can run android 4.0.4, why can’t samsung give galaxy ace S5830i a rise to new firmware its has 830Mhz while Galaxy Music has 850Mhz that’s very small difference more to that S5830i has better hardware e.g 5MP cam, bigger display LED flash etc, HELP US

2 years 8 months ago

well if you really want to know why. You can see that galaxy ace has 256 mb of RAM and galaxy music has 512 mb of ram. ICS a minimum of 512 mb of Ram. So you can’t get an ICS on galaxy ace. And by the way why you didn’t search for any custom rom out there?

2 years 8 months ago

Kindly direct me where to get best custom ROMs for Galaxy ACe S5830i as most ROMs have seen are for Ace S5830, at the moment am using official 2.3.6

2 years 8 months ago

Please let us know if Galaxy Ace S5830i will have any update apart from 2.3.6, It still a best phone, Samsung kindly assist

2 years 8 months ago

And ya in my country they are the cheapest of all

2 years 8 months ago

Hey guys i mean galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt 2 10.1 galaxy s advance galaxy tab 7.0 plus still no jelly bean for its high end previous tab 10.1 7.7 and even they didt update gs 2 with premium suite which was sold 40 million

2 years 8 months ago

Hey guys i mean galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt 2 10.1 galaxy s advance galaxy tab 7.0 plus still no jelly bean for its high end previous tab 10.1 7.7 and even they update gs 2 with premium suite which was sold 40 million