Posted by Daniel van D. 2 years ago

Samsung Canada start Android 4.1.2 updates Galaxy Note II

jellybean-leak-Samsung-400px

Samsung updated their own Galaxy Note II in Canada to Android 4.1.2. Android 4.1.2 makes your Galaxy Note II more stable! If you have a Galaxy Note II and you live in Canada you are able to use Samsung KIES or OTA to update. The next providers received an update: Canada OPEN, Canada (SaskTel), Canada (Telus), Canada (Rogers) and Canada (Bell)

Information about the firmware:
Model: GH-I317M = Galaxy Note II
PDA I317MVLBMA3
CSC I317MOYABMA3

Some of the Android 4.1.2 new features:

• Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
  • New Additions in Notifcation Toggles
  • Notification Panel can now be customized
  • Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
  • Multi-View Can now be disabled
  • Browser Is Smoother Then Before
  • Status Bar has been changed from Grey to Black
  • Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
  • New Ink Effect On Lockscreen
  • New Group Cast Application

17 comments on “Samsung Canada start Android 4.1.2 updates Galaxy Note II

1. forelag 2 years ago said:

Android 4.2.1. Code name: Jelly Bean. Release date: November 13, 2012.

Today: February 06, 2013. Samsung updated their own Galaxy Note II in Canada to Android 4.1.2.

Hooray for Samsung!

2. ikundan 2 years ago said:
  3. m-e-o-a 2 years ago said:

And GT-7100 Note 2 When??

4. ravearamashi 2 years ago said:

4.1.2 for other countries had been for a long time already. Don’t ask when because it’s already out and Canada is one of the last country to get it

5. akmes 2 years ago said:

Russia still have no 4.1.2

6. mihaicostache 2 years ago said:

When i saw “galaxy note” and “android 4.1.2″ in one fraze i was like “yesss bi*ch”…. But then i saw the “II”….

7. gionta 2 years ago said:

GALAXY S3 POLAND update Please! 4.1.2

8. Luis Escaleira 2 years ago said:

I have had noting but problems since updated last night. The UI interface crashes each time I press the home button to get a list of running apps. Rebooting and turning off and on my Note 2 has not solved the problem. My phone is essential for my work. This is reminiscent of my regret when I went from iOS 5 to iOS 6 on my iPhone. Is anyone else having this issue?

9. akmes 2 years ago said:

I think you should try factory reset

10. m8118 2 years ago said:

It works fine for me.
    Simple update OTA, no user data lost.
    No major changes.
    I like the configurable Notification Panel.
    I had multi-window in my note 1 and never used it.

The one thing I want is the phone to wake up instantaneously when the home button is pressed – no such luck…

11. Luis Escaleira 2 years ago said:

If I do a factory reset after I have backed up my info to my PC, what about all the apps? Will there be a list of them somewhere? To re-install them? What about all my email?

12. juanmr 2 years ago said:

nojoda actualicen ya todos los paisessssss con jelly beam es mucho pedir porque demoran tanto.

13. markos_spider77 2 years ago said:

o brasil tambem vai receber essa atualizacao para o galaxy note 2? quando?

sds. marcos silva.

14. remicron 2 years ago said:

notification bar is still GRAY!!!

15. thejohnnyloo 2 years ago said:

@Luis Escaleira if you do a reset, log in to your email the same as you did when you first got the device. Then go to you google play app, hit your menu key, select “my apps”. the first page will show all the apps preloaded (and all needing updated after reset). from here slide the page to the right and it will show you a list of all the apps you’ve downloaded. As for your email they should all still show in your gmail app since you never physically erased them yourself.

Hope this helps.