Posted by 2 years ago

Samsung sold over 30 million Galaxy S III devices

Samsung introduced May this year the Galaxy S III in London. Today Samsung reached the magic number of 30 million Galaxy S III devices! Samsung sold 30 million Galaxy S III devices in only 5 months!
The Galaxy S III is Samsung’s first quad-core smartphone with an 8 megapixel camera and a Super AMOLED HD display. The Galaxy S III uses Samsung newest touch-wiz interface! The Galaxy S III is Samsung’s best sellings Android device  ever!

The Galaxy S III is available for a price around the 550 euro in the following colors…
- Marble White
- Pebble Blue
- Sapphire Black
- Titanium Gray
- Amber Brown
- Garnet Red

Samsung even sold over 3 million Galaxy Note II devices in only one month.
Samsung unveiled the next generation of the Galaxy Note at IFA 2012 in Berlin.
The Galaxy devices by Samsung are quite HOT at the moment.

Read here our full review of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II.

via

32 comments on “Samsung sold over 30 million Galaxy S III devices

1. tonyctonyc2000 2 years ago said:

I love the GS3 but I don’t like Samsung’s customer care. Still no Jelly bean in my country. Being such a popular device I would have expected a higher degree of support from Samsung. They are good at releasing their latest products with the latest operating system, but are very slow after that, if at all in some cases. The GS3 has been hugely popular yet sadly their support hasn’t been.

2. thesebastian 2 years ago said:

They gonna loose this luck when the users start liking AOSP Pure Working and/or Fast Updates like Nexus have.

I’m going to sell my S3 as soon as Nexus 4 is released since i really want AOSP.

3. thesebastian 2 years ago said:

For me…now it’s a war…between Touchwiz vs AOSP.

4. Gaspernemec 2 years ago said:

For me it WAS war between TouchWiz and AOSP, which was over when TW pulled sweet little tricks out its sleeve :)

5. bandas das 2 years ago said:

I bought one of the best and most expensive phones S3 currently on the market and what I got in return is still my OS is ICS i hate it and therefore more Samsung never in my hands, and I bought it just because a hundred I want to have the bestpresent and it is 4.1 now and 4.2,and I think that Samsung will fall down just because a hundred do not update the software on time

6. donjunito 2 years ago said:

It looks like Samsung hit the spot in terms of specs, size, and useability….does Samsung want to sell more instead of making crappy Galaxy variants….give galaxy S3 customers JellyBean 4.2 and that 30million mark will tripple….but sometimes companies don’t put their business straight…putting jellybean on the S3 and make new commercials adding this new OS will make this handset sell like hotcake….and with the same hardware….but what do I know….I’m just an 800 pound gorilla in the room!!!

7. BeyongGalaxy 2 years ago said:

This site should not just boast the sale percentage but also the firmware update (after sale support!!!!!). You guys just so up there with your ego boosted by your sale number. But please don’t forget that when you sell something, it is not just the initial purchase of product. It is everything concerning, relating, containing in that product in which you have sold to consumers. So far if you ask me, Samsung only got 35 out of 100 percent mark because consumer supports are down in the hell hole. Yes, your maching and the firmware that is loaded with it is good but that is about it. You are only good at the beginning, and not in the middle and not the end. Imagine, NASA send a shuttle into orbit without ground supports ( i.e. communications, directions), imagine that.

8. hebobo 2 years ago said:

So since you are all so not going to buy another sammy device Because of late updates. Who will you Be relying on? I dont se any other than nexus devices getting updates before we do. And they have to take their timer. Because an unfinished firmware released would cause a disaster for samsung.

Stop whining And Be happy that sammy gives you theese great devices with a huge amount posibilities.

9. bestofel 2 years ago said:

When I read that users always complaining about late update, I see that they really love the phone. If not, just sell and buy new phone with latest Android version. If compare SGS III with HTC One X, both updated to JB 4.1 at Oct 29th in almost all counties, even Samsung realised JB 4.1 in a few countries early than HTC One X. So, don’t always complaining but please be patient a bit. Samsung not really late lately, they improving actually.

10. sam10102539 2 years ago said:

I Think Samsung Devices is Good
    But Samsung Software Update of any devices IS TOO BADDD
    Because Samsung is Very Care Only New High-End Flagship
    Not Care Other Devices

YOU ARE SELLING FOR BUISNESS BUT DONT CARE COSTOMER
    YOU ARE BEST OF SELLING ,BUT YOU AREN’T THE BEST THAN APPLE
    YOU ARE NOT CARE OLD DEVICES THAN APPLE
    YOU WANT TO SELL ONLY ,NOT CARE ANYTHING ,Or NO???

I See Sammobile Said Jelly Bean For S3 Come in September and Have Very Fast Update
    But S2 ,Note1 is SLOWLY UPDATE!!! and More ,Not Infomation and Anything Update and S3 Have Second Times Jelly Bean Update (4.1 and4.1.1) ,I Think S3 Have More Update Times But 4.2 Have Coming ,and Other Devices is SLOWLY UPDATE BECAUSE SAMSUNG CARE NEW HIGH-END PHONE ONLY.

11. sam10102539 2 years ago said:

Next Year ,S3 Has Been Forget Than S2.

12. sam10102539 2 years ago said:

If Samsung Want To Sell Only ,Not Care Customer ,Many Customer will Move To Between of Samsung.

13. isifu 2 years ago said:

yea yea but where is our jelly bean update…smh i think ill never buy a samsung anymore

14. NetfreakBombay 2 years ago said:

Samsung has delayed Jelly Bean update for India. It needs to update customer service.

15. bigmason 2 years ago said:

The sad thing about that news is that 30 000 000 people around the world are experiencing the lack of knowledge and laziness of the Samsung developers who are NOT capable of bringing quality software beginning with the fact, that THERE IS a huge DELAY/LAG when turning the screen on with the power button or the home button. What a shame! And the Samsung “engineers ” and “developers” get paid about that useless piece of crap software! This is just NOT acceptable. NEVER again Samsung! My old HTC Desire was so much faster in these everyday tasks. I am so mad!

16. udayjee 2 years ago said:

even i have experienced bad customer care service from Samsung, specially when it comes to updates. But i still risked buying Note II. And i must say, i am loving Touchwiz again. Note II really makes an exception to Samsung products. Perfect device with perfect OS.

17. sam10102539 2 years ago said:

If You Are Buy Non-Hi end Flagship Phone From Samsung
    You are feel Not Fair Of SW Update ,Bug and Lag Fixed and More More More

New Phone ,New Android Version and Lag Update For Old Phone – This is Android Phone Of Samsung….

18. xarfrost 2 years ago said:

Did you realize that its not fully Samsung’s fault if they have late releases? They have to test the compatibility with their Touchwiz launcher. I am a Touchwiz user, i cant bear the pure stock. Also, Samsung is not only Mobile company, they already got full hands on their Washing machines, TV, AC, etc. issues. So be patient, it will come.

19. spike012 2 years ago said:

lol! the title should be : samsung will not update 30 million devices next year

20. AlbertoBN 2 years ago said:

People you do realize that of 30 million users only a fraction give a damn about a new OS? I have ssen people still running 2.3.4 in their SGS2… Most of the users do not upgrade unless their devices ask them whether they wish to and even then for fear of loosing data most will decline.

Granted Samsung upgrade policy sucks and my next phone will either be a Nexus or a Lumia (well their policy is yet to be seen) but OEM skinned phones are not for the hardcore user.

Get a grip.

21. bernwong0274 2 years ago said:

My S3 updated to JB 4.1.1 and running very smooth..No regrets switching from iOS since then..very sastified with the new improved update from Samsung..prefer a late update than a earlier version 4.1 as I heard full of bugs.

My note II running latest JB 4.1.1 also running smoothly as expected…but my original Note still waiting for the anticipated JB but I believe Samsung will release a reliable update even if it’s late…I have full confidence in Samsung.

22. BeyongGalaxy 2 years ago said:

Maybe they should stick to household appliances production. And please who ever said earlier that Samsung has their hand full because they have other responsibilities. What a crappy reasoning – they have designated departments handling the production of each category. So, hire more staff now that you are rich from selling S3s.

23. BeyongGalaxy 2 years ago said:

Besides, if a huge company like Samsung have this kind of business model, maybe it should have failed already.

24. nanustud 2 years ago said:

Unfortunately for Samsung its all about Quantity and not Quality, the products are good but somewhat cheap, they make sure to have enough devices when they launch but their Customer Service is pathetic. They release International version of phones only supported in regions their original CSC registered for. No am not an I-Diot fan i own S2,Note-1 and Note-2 but from a company trying to take over the market share from someone else they need to prove themselves somewhat better than the leader at least in certain aspects

25. nanustud 2 years ago said:

26. vivekmahajan 2 years ago said:

+1, like
    I agree with you. Going forward I will think twice to go for sammy devices. I was planning for Note 2 but now I won’t.

27. ecalejandro 2 years ago said:

Still waitin for jelly bean in my country.. I love my s3 but the update service of samsung sucks…

28. auksenas 2 years ago said:

I am Samsung s3 owner too,but oficial updates took to long to update devices.So will be nice that samsung realese samsung I9300 exynos source code for developers.Then i will be happy with fully working AOSP and CM10..

29. Addled 2 years ago said:

My Quadrant scores have been a constant decline with every new version of S3 firmware. With the original factory Firmware I hit as high as the 5700′s. With Samsung’s latest JB 4.1.1 version the best I can get is 5100′s which absolutely sucks.
    I thought the whole idea if new firmware was to increase features and performance not decrease them.

30. roberto.sousa.lima 2 years ago said:

I think the problem is not the brand at all, the master problem is google and his OS, regardless of AOSP versions other brands such as LG, MOTOROLA, HTC are giving us updates in the same speed or more slowly.
    AOSP versions are way more simple to prepare an update compared with a customized Android such as Samsung.
    I think that Google need to make a plan in order to change this situation, we always comparing Android updates related to IOS updates but on the other hand we have a company who has 5 to 10 different hardwares, but Android OS got more than a hundred.

31. keshav 2 years ago said:

where is the update for i9300 india

i m going to sue samsung for this partial behaviour

32. Pingback: Samsung Galaxy S III Sold 30M Units And Galaxy Note II Sold 3M To Date