Samsung sold over 30 million Galaxy S III devices

Samsung introduced May this year the Galaxy S III in London. Today Samsung reached the magic number of 30 million Galaxy S III devices! Samsung sold 30 million Galaxy S III devices in only 5 months!
The Galaxy S III is Samsung’s first quad-core smartphone with an 8 megapixel camera and a Super AMOLED HD display. The Galaxy S III uses Samsung newest touch-wiz interface! The Galaxy S III is Samsung’s best sellings Android device  ever!

The Galaxy S III is available for a price around the 550 euro in the following colors…
- Marble White
- Pebble Blue
- Sapphire Black
- Titanium Gray
- Amber Brown
- Garnet Red

Samsung even sold over 3 million Galaxy Note II devices in only one month.
Samsung unveiled the next generation of the Galaxy Note at IFA 2012 in Berlin.
The Galaxy devices by Samsung are quite HOT at the moment.

Read here our full review of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II.

via

Phones 32

[...] [Source: GSMArena.com 1| 2 | 3] [...]

keshav

where is the update for i9300 india

i m going to sue samsung for this partial behaviour

roberto.sousa.lima
2 years 8 months ago

I think the problem is not the brand at all, the master problem is google and his OS, regardless of AOSP versions other brands such as LG, MOTOROLA, HTC are giving us updates in the same speed or more slowly.
AOSP versions are way more simple to prepare an update compared with a customized Android such as Samsung.
I think that Google need to make a plan in order to change this situation, we always comparing Android updates related to IOS updates but on the other hand we have a company who has 5 to 10 different hardwares, but Android OS got more than a hundred.

Addled
2 years 8 months ago

My Quadrant scores have been a constant decline with every new version of S3 firmware. With the original factory Firmware I hit as high as the 5700′s. With Samsung’s latest JB 4.1.1 version the best I can get is 5100′s which absolutely sucks.
I thought the whole idea if new firmware was to increase features and performance not decrease them.

auksenas
2 years 8 months ago

I am Samsung s3 owner too,but oficial updates took to long to update devices.So will be nice that samsung realese samsung I9300 exynos source code for developers.Then i will be happy with fully working AOSP and CM10..

ecalejandro
2 years 8 months ago

Still waitin for jelly bean in my country.. I love my s3 but the update service of samsung sucks…

vivekmahajan

+1, like
I agree with you. Going forward I will think twice to go for sammy devices. I was planning for Note 2 but now I won’t.

nanustud
2 years 8 months ago

Unfortunately for Samsung its all about Quantity and not Quality, the products are good but somewhat cheap, they make sure to have enough devices when they launch but their Customer Service is pathetic. They release International version of phones only supported in regions their original CSC registered for. No am not an I-Diot fan i own S2,Note-1 and Note-2 but from a company trying to take over the market share from someone else they need to prove themselves somewhat better than the leader at least in certain aspects

nanustud

BeyongGalaxy
2 years 8 months ago

Besides, if a huge company like Samsung have this kind of business model, maybe it should have failed already.

BeyongGalaxy
2 years 8 months ago

Maybe they should stick to household appliances production. And please who ever said earlier that Samsung has their hand full because they have other responsibilities. What a crappy reasoning – they have designated departments handling the production of each category. So, hire more staff now that you are rich from selling S3s.

bernwong0274
2 years 8 months ago

My S3 updated to JB 4.1.1 and running very smooth..No regrets switching from iOS since then..very sastified with the new improved update from Samsung..prefer a late update than a earlier version 4.1 as I heard full of bugs.

My note II running latest JB 4.1.1 also running smoothly as expected…but my original Note still waiting for the anticipated JB but I believe Samsung will release a reliable update even if it’s late…I have full confidence in Samsung.

AlbertoBN
2 years 8 months ago

People you do realize that of 30 million users only a fraction give a damn about a new OS? I have ssen people still running 2.3.4 in their SGS2… Most of the users do not upgrade unless their devices ask them whether they wish to and even then for fear of loosing data most will decline.

Granted Samsung upgrade policy sucks and my next phone will either be a Nexus or a Lumia (well their policy is yet to be seen) but OEM skinned phones are not for the hardcore user.

Get a grip.

spike012

lol! the title should be : samsung will not update 30 million devices next year

xarfrost
2 years 8 months ago

Did you realize that its not fully Samsung’s fault if they have late releases? They have to test the compatibility with their Touchwiz launcher. I am a Touchwiz user, i cant bear the pure stock. Also, Samsung is not only Mobile company, they already got full hands on their Washing machines, TV, AC, etc. issues. So be patient, it will come.

sam10102539

If You Are Buy Non-Hi end Flagship Phone From Samsung
You are feel Not Fair Of SW Update ,Bug and Lag Fixed and More More More

New Phone ,New Android Version and Lag Update For Old Phone – This is Android Phone Of Samsung….

udayjee
2 years 8 months ago

even i have experienced bad customer care service from Samsung, specially when it comes to updates. But i still risked buying Note II. And i must say, i am loving Touchwiz again. Note II really makes an exception to Samsung products. Perfect device with perfect OS.

bigmason
2 years 8 months ago

The sad thing about that news is that 30 000 000 people around the world are experiencing the lack of knowledge and laziness of the Samsung developers who are NOT capable of bringing quality software beginning with the fact, that THERE IS a huge DELAY/LAG when turning the screen on with the power button or the home button. What a shame! And the Samsung “engineers ” and “developers” get paid about that useless piece of crap software! This is just NOT acceptable. NEVER again Samsung! My old HTC Desire was so much faster in these everyday tasks. I am so mad!

NetfreakBombay
2 years 8 months ago

Samsung has delayed Jelly Bean update for India. It needs to update customer service.

isifu
2 years 8 months ago

yea yea but where is our jelly bean update…smh i think ill never buy a samsung anymore

sam10102539
2 years 8 months ago

If Samsung Want To Sell Only ,Not Care Customer ,Many Customer will Move To Between of Samsung.

sam10102539
2 years 8 months ago

Next Year ,S3 Has Been Forget Than S2.

sam10102539

I Think Samsung Devices is Good
But Samsung Software Update of any devices IS TOO BADDD
Because Samsung is Very Care Only New High-End Flagship
Not Care Other Devices

YOU ARE SELLING FOR BUISNESS BUT DONT CARE COSTOMER
YOU ARE BEST OF SELLING ,BUT YOU AREN’T THE BEST THAN APPLE
YOU ARE NOT CARE OLD DEVICES THAN APPLE
YOU WANT TO SELL ONLY ,NOT CARE ANYTHING ,Or NO???

I See Sammobile Said Jelly Bean For S3 Come in September and Have Very Fast Update
But S2 ,Note1 is SLOWLY UPDATE!!! and More ,Not Infomation and Anything Update and S3 Have Second Times Jelly Bean Update (4.1 and4.1.1) ,I Think S3 Have More Update Times But 4.2 Have Coming ,and Other Devices is SLOWLY UPDATE BECAUSE SAMSUNG CARE NEW HIGH-END PHONE ONLY.

bestofel
2 years 8 months ago

When I read that users always complaining about late update, I see that they really love the phone. If not, just sell and buy new phone with latest Android version. If compare SGS III with HTC One X, both updated to JB 4.1 at Oct 29th in almost all counties, even Samsung realised JB 4.1 in a few countries early than HTC One X. So, don’t always complaining but please be patient a bit. Samsung not really late lately, they improving actually.

hebobo
2 years 8 months ago

So since you are all so not going to buy another sammy device Because of late updates. Who will you Be relying on? I dont se any other than nexus devices getting updates before we do. And they have to take their timer. Because an unfinished firmware released would cause a disaster for samsung.

Stop whining And Be happy that sammy gives you theese great devices with a huge amount posibilities.