Multi-view for the Galaxy S III is coming up

Samsung has plans to update the Galaxy S III around December to  Android 4.1.2
This information has been confirmed by SamMobile Admin Danny.
(I9300XXD = 4.1.1 I9300XXE = 4.1.2 (with multi-view))
The update will make the phone more stable and will have an extra feature called multi-view.
Samsung uses this feature also in their new Galaxy Note II.

From our Galaxy Note II review
● Multi-View: This feature allows the user to truly multi-task. The user can divide screen in two pieces and select 2 apps to show at the same time. So you can follow your tweets and Facebook at the same time just “AWESOME “

Minute (5:00)

Source

Phones 23

[…] nuestro país que no han recibido la actualización a 4.1.1 y que siguen esperando. Fuente: SamMobile y PocketNow. Más información en […]

garden
2 years 8 months ago

That what i had exactly expected from samsung…..that’s great
I hope this uptade comes for all countries as fast as possible…

richardwooding
2 years 9 months ago

So when are South African’s with Galaxy SIII’s gonna get Jelly Bean 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 ? I’m still 4.0.4 :(
(Vodacom Network)

tobely2000

what about note2 galley app

ting04
2 years 9 months ago

Hopefully they will put Car Mode back in!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeyongGalaxy
2 years 9 months ago

The usual crowd!! I can see a lot of displease customers. Yeah, it is nearly the end of Q4, I don’t advise admin to make that kind of promise, especially the ones that are empty. Samsung likes to keep our hopes alive by feeding us baits now and then. SIIs can surely give up hope because Sam is too busy with new phones. I can only. wonder what kind of problems it will face should Sam keep proceeding on the path. But, of course, Sam can have a surprise planned for us by dumping the mother of all updates as a Christmas or New Year gift for us all !!! That is a big doubt and a wishful thinking. Thailand has not got the 4.1.1 on SIII yet by the way.!!! And Thai S Voice command package toonwhile you are at it.

adesirello
2 years 9 months ago

first release a stable version of Android 4.1.1 (WITHOUT LAG!) example in contacts! in TW Launcher! etc, etc, etc, then peocupate by 4.1.2. PLEASE

adesirello
2 years 9 months ago

first release a stable version of Android 4.1.1, then peocupate by 4.1.2. PLEASE

vavrorvav
2 years 9 months ago

as ex-note I user im already prepared i will not see 4.2 on my note II :-\ maybe on note III

guanyu210379
2 years 9 months ago

Yup! Bring it on..I am now running official 4.1.1 OTA since 2 days (I9300DBTLI2, unrooted phone)
December is not bad for 4.1.2…if this is really true :)

John Doe 666

sure sure :) hahahahaha

blenky
2 years 9 months ago

Its possible. 4.1.2 is a minor bug fix unlike 4.1.1 JB. Mulitview is up and running on the Note 2 so wouldn’t thought that hard to get onto S3.

Fingers crossed.

Now whether I would ever use it……

Addled
2 years 9 months ago

November is round the corner, JB 4.1.1 has yet to be seeded for most S3 owners and here Samsung talks of 4.1.2 in December! Wonder if they think people still believe the lip service they spew??

The Nexus 4 is about to be released four days from now.
It will pack more powerful hardware, it will run the latest version of Android (4.2 as opposed to 4.1.1 or 4.1.2) and it will Not be bogged down with a skin or any other bloatware.

Truth is that Samsung is probably feeling insecure. That’s why they’re whispering sweet nothings in ear of S3 owners and blitzing potential buyers with new Ad campaigns.

cuijknoord
2 years 9 months ago

S II wants also a multi-screen!

acidemic
2 years 9 months ago

I am on Portugal unbranded S3 (TPH) and still haven’t received JB 4.1.1 update. But this is good news that we will get 4.1.2. before the New Year… at least I hope so. :) Thinking to flash BTU firmware.

rondaman
2 years 9 months ago

@glenns I’m Italian with an Italian no brand gs3 and still waiting..

jayr8988
2 years 9 months ago

Coming Up??????? Is that suppose to be ………

When would that be?

2020?

Glenns
2 years 9 months ago

@rondaman you haven’t got 4.1.1 ?? oh you must be an american on some carrier specific model..best go complain to your carrier because 4.1.1 is available for the rest of us

umeshrajput2305
2 years 9 months ago

Hey Danny do you when India’s gonna get the jelly bean update. 4.1.2 will take ages to come to India.

I think Samsung is coming way down walking to India on their feets that’s why its taking so much time for the update.

If u have any idea please let me know

DannyD
2 years 9 months ago

4.1.2 isn’t special small bug fix and multi-view. :)

silviu23283

good joke! hahahah

arsh820

Hhahaahahha stop joking man. 4.1.2 in dec hahhahahahhaha

rondaman
2 years 9 months ago

December? Mmmmm… We are almost in November and we haven’t seen 4.1.1 yet. So…