Posted by 2 years ago

I9300XXDLH4 – Galaxy S III Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST firmware

We of SamMobile would like to give Samsung die-hard fans a second Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean pre-released Firmware. The firmware is I9300XXDLH4,we know that a OTA Update file of this firmware was already leaked into the wild a few days ago. We also had this OTA Update file from the start but at SamMobile we don’t provide OTA update files as they require the user to be on a specific firmware, so many people are not able to use these update files.

We really wanted to give you guys a taste of this firmware but were unable to as it was only available as an OTA Update. So, what we did was that we applied the OTA update on our own device and dumped the firmware.Then we repackaged the firmware as any other usual ODIN firmware, now we have a full ODIN I9300XXDLH4 firmware which any one can flash on their Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 no matter on which firmware or carrier they are on.

This is a PRE-RELEASE version so not official from KIES.
We want to give you BIG warnings if you want to test this firmware.
This is a PRE-RELEASE firmware so it will increase your binary counter!
You will lose your warranty so please do not try this when you are not 100% sure!
“As this is a PRE-RELEASE firmware so expect some minor bugs”

PDA: I9300XXDLH4 is based on Android 4.1.1
CSC: I9300OXADLH4
MODEM: I9300XXLH1
Build Date: August 14, 2012
You can find the firmware by OPEN Europe in the firmware download section.
We reported this firmware with WARNING code because this is a LEAK and not an OFFICIAL KIES release!

Info for Custom ROMDevelopers: You will not find the cache.img in this firmware as weimplemented the CSC directly into the system.img

ADVICE of SamMobile is wait for 15 days to get the official updates by KIES or OTA!!!!

Flashing Instructions:
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
- Add I9300XXDLH4_I9300OXADLH4_I9300XXLH1_BTU.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

22 comments on “I9300XXDLH4 – Galaxy S III Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST firmware

1. thearc77 2 years ago said:

Why different baseband? The “wild” one have XXDLH4

2. sameermg 2 years ago said:

i flash it work great

3. jcdst 2 years ago said:

If I flash this pre-release, I will receive the official update by OTA?

4. rocksmenda 2 years ago said:

plzz get the same firmware for s2 i9100 plzz!! thnx!!

5. s3d 2 years ago said:

Does WiFi-Direct work ?

6. rock1m1 2 years ago said:

The servers are awful, tried it 5 times now and getting corrupted downloads.

7. cepdukkani 2 years ago said:

this is really bad. i cant make calls got lots of “stopped working errors” lets wait for official release..

8. lelinuxien52 2 years ago said:

Cepdukkani : it is PRE-RELEASES ! Not for beginner. For developping propose only.

9. standog100 2 years ago said:

not worth the risk….will wait but if you can get a 4.1 for s2 …count me in

10. cepdukkani 2 years ago said:

Lelinuxien52 : I am not a noob bro. But i want to use my device fully functionally. When i press 5 on dialpad i got Phone Stopped Working error. How can you develop something without using or with restrictions ?

11. rock1m1 2 years ago said:

Trying it, it is buggy

12. oriol 2 years ago said:

who install this firmware lost your unlock device sim and for the moment i haven’t found solution for this

13. humanita 2 years ago said:

Is it available for the GT-T999 GS3 by T-Mobile, Dual Core based?

14. coca-cola 2 years ago said:

i flashed it on my phone there was no arabic on it!!!
    and it was buggy.

15. d191405x@yahoo.co.uk 2 years ago said:

fc and boot loop! reset all and backtostock! again ! lol

16. crowtjie 2 years ago said:

I Flashed this Rom and love it. Working great. Had problem that Playstore not downloading apps. Removed Server and port settings under APN and Playstore can download apps again. Chaton not working as I cannot add friends or reply messages when I receive one but not that critical for me. I’m sticking to this ROM till the official is released. Thanks Sammobile for this!

17. xenixas 2 years ago said:

A lots of bugs, very lagy, s note alvays stops after runing new installed app. I hope samsung will make it more smother.

18. gutomineiro 2 years ago said:

Works like a charm. some bugs with the new s note, just disable it and the rest goes smooth. the camera shows the pixils and the google camera wasnt in the build. i got it off the the xda developers, but it only goes to max 5.0MP.

the rom is silky smooth (butter that thing…!!! LOL), google now is working, very fast response, even the unlock is quick.

The best way to flash is WIPE EVERYTHING…!!! put your phone in factory mode…!!! XD

i did it and its even with root…!!! loved it

19. Slitex 2 years ago said:

DannyD is there any what so ever trace of a leaked firmware for the galaxy note N7000? i would love to test it before everyone else if u got it..

20. lkofod 2 years ago said:

do i just move the file over in windows and use install from sd card in samsung owns recovery mode? and does it require root? and will i still get the OTA official from kies ? :-)

21. aherzallh 2 years ago said: