Posted by 2 years ago

I9300XXDLG4 – Galaxy S III Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST firmware

We Of SamMobile received the first firmware for the Galaxy S III based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
This is the first firmware after many rumors about Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S III.
We already tweeted that Samsung is busy with this kind of update.
The update by KIES and OTA (over the air) will start at the end of this month begin next month.
Because there are many die-hard Samsung fans we want to give you the chance to test the first Jelly Bean rom by Samsung.

This is an PRE-RELEASE version so not official from KIES.
We want to give you a BIG warning when you want to test this firmware!
You will lose your warranty so please do not try this when you are not 100% sure!

The firmware: I9300XXDLG4 is based on Android 4.1.1
The build date is July 31 2012.

We have found a few visible changes.
- A new clock (in line with JB vanilla) in the notification bar.
- A function called “Dormant mode”
- Google Now is accessed by touching the Google Search widget
- A couple of new Live Wallpapers
- “Palm swipe” lets you take a screenshot
- Reboot into “safe mode” (maybe just in test release)
- There’s probably more new features that we haven’t discovered yet. Please share your findings!

We also had some troubles, for instance the internal SDCARD got formatted and some apps can’t be installed due to problems with smdl2tmp1.asec (which can’t be found at all). These problems could also be local to the specific device. A good suggestion is to make backup of everything prior flash

Inside the download package you only will see the PDA code.
We have no CSC or MODEM file of this firmware. So please make sure you know what you do! It is possible to flash this on a csc and modem from ICS.

You can find the firmware by OPEN Europe in the download section
We reported this firmware with WARNING code because this is a LEAK and not an OFFICIAL KIES release!

ADVICE of SamMobile is wait for 15 days to get the official updates by KIES or OTA!!!!

But for developers this might be the key for a full working rom they are developing.

Flash instructions.
- Make sure to have an ORIGINAL rom before attempting to flash. (could brick if not)
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 1.85
- Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
- Add CODE_I9300XXDLG4_11164_REV00_eng_mid_noship.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back an wait a few minutes.
- Once the phone have booted, you’ll probably get into a boot loop.
- Remove the battery and put it back again.
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA!)
- Reboot. and you are good to go! (hopefully)

Screenshots:

47 comments on “I9300XXDLG4 – Galaxy S III Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST firmware

1. sam10102539 2 years ago said:

I Want JB For S2 With Nature UI to Official Rom Please .I Want no DoubleStandard UI between S2 And S3Because UI ICS S2 and S3 is Different UI-S2 tw4.0 its same GB2.3 and Galaxy S1.-S3 come with Nature UI its New and Very Smooth.This is DoubleStandard of Samsung Mobile.Please Change it Fairly.

please sammobile send this comment to Samsung Mobile

2. wlting 2 years ago said:

how sammobile can get all samsung latest firmware? r u contract with samsung?

3. sam10102539 2 years ago said:
  4. sam10102539 2 years ago said:

you see ics Samsung reason
    galaxy s1 – icebread(Value pack)
    Galaxy s2 – Ics(no New UI from gb)
    GALAXY S3 – ICS WITH NEW UI.

YOU SEE THIS IT IS not fair
    you see another brand is change UI For NEW LOOK
    But SAMSUNG NOT CHANGE FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S2
    AND MORE ROM IS DRAIN BATTERY AND BRICK MY PHONE

SAMSUNG WILL KILL OLD DEVICES FOR COSTUMER BUY NEW DEVICES
    IF NOT FIX SOFTWARE.

5. DannyD 2 years ago said:

If you want the real Google UI buy NEXUS devices! Don’t blame Samsung for things like this.
    Only 1% of all Galaxy owners cares about updates :)

How we get things is easy people at Samsung like our work so they leak information.

6. Saesch 2 years ago said:

Can anyone who installed this check whether they fixed the Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Smart) connection problems please?

7. sam10102539 2 years ago said:

What You Say DannyD
    People USE S2 Want Fair
    Send All My Comment To Samsung Mobile please.

8. Biruke 2 years ago said:

I have a colleague, who had her S2 working at 2.3.5, bought a coupe of months ago. She didn’t care about the updates, she was only worried if her “galaxy” background would stay. I updated her S2? now she’s happy, her galaxy satyed there )))))

so, the 1% looks to be a correct number :)

9. radeonxt 2 years ago said:

i’d like to request mirrors please?
    tia.

10. b3ssen 2 years ago said:
  11. mcaldeira1 2 years ago said:

I have installed and it is perfect, I can`t for the official release. After the official release we can upadte normally with this version instaled???

12. mcaldeira1 2 years ago said:

I have installed and it is perfect, I can`t wait for the official release. After the official release we can update normally with this version instaled???

13. b3ssen 2 years ago said:

Anybody else having problems with incoming and outgoing calls? Nobody seems to hear me! If i recieve a incoming call, i can’t hear the person calling me! I will reflash the rom and try again!

i9300 international version
    (Netherlands vodafone)

14. Biruke 2 years ago said:

will they fix the cell stanby battery drain issue in jelly bean? it’s not very comfortable to use EDGE only.

15. b3ssen 2 years ago said:

My problem is not solved after flashing the rom a couple of times, with and without wipe data/factory reset and or wipe cache. (my microphone is not working when calling)
    I had a official stock samsung rom on my i9300. Anyways something went wrong. I will flash the jelly bean rom again after flashing an official ics rom (I9300XXBLG6). Hope this will work for me!

16. b3ssen 2 years ago said:

(my microphone is not working when calling) I not a pro or something but i was wondering if this could have been the problem! I am using baseband version I9300BULF1. Could this me a issue for flashing the JB rom? Does anybody else have an idea?

17. Slitex 2 years ago said:

For all you newbie flashers head over to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1835931

And all ur problems will be solved or die..

18. techibuzz 2 years ago said:

I think this update is awesome but there must have some problems and I am just finding those ….but after all the process and the test update both are perfect. I like the way you give the solution.

19. mascada 2 years ago said:

increible la acabo de instalar y como la mantequilla

20. ghgiraldo 2 years ago said:

Esta excelente pero igual que a b3ssen no me funciona el microfono, ya lo he reseteado 2 veces y realizado el wipe en 2 ocasiones también, lástima tocó volver a la anterior, si alguien sabe como solucionarlo por favor nos informan en este foro,, gracias

Gustav Girald

21. victorbd 2 years ago said:

contacts hangs and fc waht to do??

22. garutachi 2 years ago said:

When trying to dial a call both contacts and touchwiz crashes, also my phone is constantly sendi g little burst of vibrations any fix?

23. s3d 2 years ago said:

there is a lot of bugs in this rom

24. s3d 2 years ago said:

even wifi direct driver is not with it !

25. leerock360 2 years ago said:

You should have waited 15 days and got the finished rom

26. mogwan810 2 years ago said:

i have only one problem up will now, calendar is not syncing giving me an error. does anyone know how to sort this or has the same issue ?

27. mogwan810 2 years ago said:

i just found a new Leak: I9300XXBLH4 (JB 4.1.1) OTA dated at 2012.08.14

Anyone tried it ?

28. Anibaaal 2 years ago said:

It has some new buttons on the task manager, the Google one on the middle ;)

29. b3ssen 2 years ago said:

I’m sorry but this is a shity rom! Not sammobile worth! I had the same issue with the agenda not syncing besides my microphone issues (recieving and outgoing calls)! I never had issues with flashing a rom on sammobile.

30. Jagger86 2 years ago said:

Sorry for the stupid question but what is the version of Touchwizz on this firmware ?

Perhaps the Galaxy Note have the same.

31. Anibaaal 2 years ago said:

Yes, I agree that this ROM is shit… It freezes randomly and reboot every 10 minutes after sole little vibrations. Back to CM10 and wait 15 days for official update (if it’s true). BTW thanks SAMMOBILE for giving all the latest things to us.

32. Anibaaal 2 years ago said:

sole = *some*

33. icephantom 2 years ago said:

Installed on network locked GSIII. Works great. I also had touchwiz and contacts problem while dialing ( some numbers :) ). New feature, not available before on ICS, connect to 5G wireless networks.

34. aleksye 2 years ago said:
  35. mogwan810 2 years ago said:

I9300XXBLH4 works fine for me. feels solid however quadrant performance is really low. the quadrant performace vs the feel performance do not match.

I9300XXDLG4 worked fine for me the only flaw i had was the google calendar not syncing at all.

36. kofi_apraku 2 years ago said:

just wait not worth it for this and now

37. kofi_apraku 2 years ago said:

i tried it but reverted back

38. kofi_apraku 2 years ago said:

thanks SAMMOBILE anyway

39. Rynooo 2 years ago said:

Palm swipe for screenshots isn’t a new feature. You can do it in 4.0.4.

40. yunvit 2 years ago said:

Palm swipe for screenshots isn’t a new feature. You can do it in 4.0.4.
    i luv it

41. harkaran.vaid 2 years ago said:

I Just udated my S3 to 4.1.1 2weeks back and Im highly disappointed with it as its more lagging now. some of the apps take time to open eg. gallery, when i take a screenshot it just doesnt saves and it keeps on showing in the notification bar ‘saving screenshot’ Battery power has decreased and Ive noticed that phone is taking time to recharge.

42. Pingback: نسخه آزمایشی جیلی بیلی برای گلکسی اس 3 | گروه تخصصی موبایل فارسی

43. Pingback: Samsung Rumored to Update Galaxy S3 to Jellybean on August 29th

44. Pingback: Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (leaked) ufficiale per Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy SIII [Download + Video] | StyleTechBlog

45. Pingback: Fun47 – Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Leaked Update Available for Download

46. Pingback: Samsung Galaxy: Neues zu den Jelly Bean-Upgrades | android-hilfe.de