Exploded Galaxy S3 turns out to be microwaved
Well, do you remember these pictures?
Well it turns out that this was caused by a external source like a microwave.
The owner of the phone posted the following message on a forum:
On Samsung Tommorow the following statement was placed:
The damaged device and additionally provided devices were examined and exposed to a series to tests. The investigation summary states that “The energy source responsible for generating the heat has been determined as external to the device” and “the device was not responsible for the cause of the fire.”
Additionally, the investigation results state, “The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner’s damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave.
So you see that it wasn’t Samsung’s fault but someone tried to pull of a stunt to get a new phone or something like that.