Samsung working on a major update for the Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ and Note 5

Is Samsung working on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for its 2015 flagships? We’re not sure if that’s the case, but we have learned that the Korean manufacturer is currently preparing a major update for the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ and the Galaxy Note 5. We are working on getting more information from our sources, but at this point all we know is that the next update for the four devices will be bigger than the usual updates we see every now and then.

This new update might be Android 6.0 considering that is the only big thing on the horizon in the Android world, but it could also be focused at bringing more stability to Android 5.1.1. For the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, we could see more features from the Note 5 and S6 edge+ making a debut, in addition to the ones that Samsung has already backported to the 5.1-inch S6 duo. The firmware version for the S6 edge will change from G925FXXU2COH2 to G925FXXU3COI6, where the jump from U2 to U3 in the build number is a good indication that we will be seeing considerable user-facing changes.

Android Marshmallow is our best guess since all four flagships are included in the list, or an update with new features for each phone. We were also told that Marshmallow will be making it to the Galaxy Note 4, but it’s unclear as to when the oft-neglected device will get the upgrade. Since Marshmallow hasn’t even been officially released by Google yet, we will need to wait for more details to get a better picture of Samsung’s plans.

Firmware news 39

Faisal 123
7 months 7 days ago

Plz make 5.1.1 and 6.0 for s5 900h plzz with new touch wiz and support themes.. waiting why samaung silence

sirsmokesalot
8 months 24 days ago

My Note4 did not even see Lollipop 5.0.1. Still running kitkat cause Santa didn’t bring me the OTA. I am already thinking to switch to Nexus 6P or Iphone6s. Atleast I will get timely OS updates.

jcal07
9 months 14 days ago

hello where can i find the firmware for the sm-g925a

elfstones65
9 months 20 days ago

I will have to say this if my Note 3 doesn’t get Marshmellow I will not be buying another Samsung Device. I mean the new version is out and and the Note 3 is stuck on 5.0. If Samsung is going to copy Apple concepts like no SD card, and no removable battery then copy their software support practices too! I mean the Iphone 4s can install IOS 9 that is the equivalent of the S3 and the Note 2 getting Marshmellow!

gregzeng
9 months 8 days ago

There are now 3rd party cases for Samsung, with extra power-bank builtin, and removable m-SD card. I commented in my name on a Youtube video on this product.

If you want miniaturization, they cannot put EVERYTHING in, unfortunately.

han.eliteskw
10 months 1 day ago

Samsung always forget older devices :(

Ray Yarrell
10 months 1 day ago

Definitely ready

deejaywilly
10 months 1 day ago

i think that samsung is doing a dirty game here
as every one can notice that on every old model phones they update they actually downgrade to force costumers to leave there phones and get the new ones
for example the note 4 with kitkat was great till the lolipop 5.0 it got worst in ram management and battery draining then the 5.1.1 its the worst of them all
more lagging ram management at its worst and battery draining was fast as lightning
i thing this is the company way to force you to abandon your old phones to get the new ones

jayraj
10 months 1 day ago

We want major update for note3 n900

elfstones65
9 months 20 days ago

Which idiots downgraded your post… dumbasses. I agree we’re still stuck on 5.0. WTF How can Apple still support the iphone 4s with IOS 9 and my note 3 probably won’t even get Marshmellow

raj.rra
10 months 1 day ago

I agree with Nemir. Samsung neglects its current and old handsets in providing software upgradation. I had migrated from Nokia to Samsung in 2012 and have been observing it. I am currently using A5 and am not expecting Android 6.0.

Perhaps I will make switch to iPhone, which provides software updates to all its handsets without discrimination.

nemir
10 months 1 day ago

We need new updated TouchWiz UX for Note5 S6 Note4 and S5 . As always for years, we see just Android ( 6.0 ) itself and nothing is gonna be change in terms of TouchWiz UX version! .

Samsung always makes new interface for a new device and neglects current devices in order to force customers to buy a new device . Other companies always updated the UI .

jhayzt
10 months 2 days ago

And here I’m, still waiting for any of the above updates. COH2/9 …. :( Regret bandwagon, here I come.

Hammerfest
10 months 2 days ago

ya… about that GNote 4… still waiting on v5.1.1!

Sheldor1967
10 months 2 days ago

What about the S6 Active??? Bastard-Child of the line!

bcik
10 months 2 days ago

I hope resolves the problem of late opening keyboard.

osman05050505
10 months 2 days ago

Samsung gercekten rezil bi guncelleme sorunu var s5 vardi guncelleme geldi rezil ettiler s5 I uzuluyorum verdigim paraya not 4 aldim bu seferde guncelleme zaten ayni yenilik yok aha not 5 cikti not 4 cope inan birakcam seni haketmiyorsun by verdigim paralari

MStuart
10 months 2 days ago

I doubt it will arrive this year, but you know what, as long as they release quick security updates I don’t mind waiting a bit for the big releases. What they need to do it to get it right the first time, with as few bugs as possible.

Titandan
10 months 2 days ago

I just got an update for my T-mobile S6. It’s not marshmallow but I got Samsung Pay now. I guess they’re launching it soon in the US :)

andres ross

That been out for my tmobile S6 in cali

ProdByEchelon
10 months 2 days ago

It’s kind of depressing that when I get the Note 6, after 6 months it will be neglected like the Note 4 was after just 3 months

elusivepjo
10 months 2 days ago

Sammy has come out numerous times saying updates would be quicker and security-related ones would occur monthly. I have no clue if this update will be 6.0 or when it arrives. However if they are serious then by Christmas for a major update is my idea of quicker updates. If not I’ll live with it.

HoneyManni
10 months 2 days ago

Maybe it’s Marshmallow with new lite touchwiz. i’m waiting samsung

andres ross
10 months 2 days ago

S6,S6EDGE,S6EDGE+,NOTE 5 RUNNING THE NEWER PROCESSORS SOUNDS LIKE HOPEFULLY WILL GET THESES RAM MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS FIX SENSE ALL THESE DEVICES ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS. WILL BE GREAT TO GET THIS B4 6.0…BATTERY LIFE IS COOL ON NOTE 5 BUT ANY IMPROVEMENTS WILL WELCOME ..

viomen
10 months 2 days ago

Definitely this south Korean company will not update within this year. Note 5 and Edge plus may be updated in March 2016 and then they will update S5 note 4. Make the users of S6 and S6 edge to crush their mind “will it come or not” like how they did to S5 during lollipop. Especially the G900H users. Should not believe these OEM on a promising date. Well I love sammies theme and hardware always hence I am using it. So what I conclude is don’t believe on a perfect ETA of android marshmallow from Sammy.

andres ross
10 months 2 days ago

Well u didn’t mention the note 4 in that update so sounds like this will be a fix for a more stable 5.1.1 with ram management and better battery life..hopefully cell standby and Google services drain wen on wifi…if so these still will be the best devices on the market in My opinion…S6 AND NOW MY NOTE 5 IS A BEAST!!!!!

Asaduzzaman Abir
10 months 2 days ago

G925FXXU3COI6 in this Version #I6 indicate that it will be available next Month.#I6 Means Firmware Build Month is September 18.So, hope that this update will be available soon :D

viomen
10 months 2 days ago

But if it as you said how come it will be marshmallow were Google is yet to release still.

SquallLeo
10 months 2 days ago

Samsung needs to treat better its consumers

Exclusively for SamMobile members Exclusively for SamMobile members X