The Galaxy Note 5 will be launched in these markets

It had been known for some time that the Galaxy Note 5 would not get a worldwide release, with Samsung focusing only on those markets where the Note lineup has been a huge success. However, Samsung has not been upfront about information on exactly what markets will get the Note 5, but we now know the countries where consumers will be able to buy the company’s new S Pen-toting flagship.

Here’s the full list, along with the device’s model number for each market:
(list based on available firmwares)

• AFG – Afghanistan SM-N920C
  • BRI – Taiwan SM-N9208
  • TUN – Tunisia SM-N920C
  • TUR – Turkey SM-N920C
  • USA
  • VFJ – VFJ SM-N920I
  • XXV – Vietnam SM-N920C

If your particular country isn’t on the list, it’s unlikely you will ever have official access to the Note 5. The Galaxy S6 edge+ will be the device you will have to settle for, which means you will get all the same hardware but without the convenience and productivity of a stylus.

Phones 41

harshaaithal007
1 year 8 days ago

Which version is SM-920CD is . This floating around in UAE sites, i want to know about the TDD lte bands this phone supports

HFL087
1 year 8 days ago

also PCL (PELEPHONE)

aroutis
1 year 8 days ago

I would rather switch to say HTC than another Samsung device if they stick to this decision.
This is an atrocious decision

Darkwing3
1 year 8 days ago

It seems that Samsung will release the device in Europe too. An european model of the Note 5 is listed in the certification authority Bluetooth-SIG. The model has the code SM-N920F. The letter F is usually for the european model.

That means the Note 5 is of course coming to europe. It’s just a marketing strategy not to bring the device now on the market. This concerns the sales of S6 edge plus.

I can not publish the Link of the source, because my post is not otherwise posted.

caesantos
1 year 8 days ago

Employees of a Samsung Store here in my city, Campinas (Brazil) have told me that Note 5 is going to be released here…

jonron
1 year 8 days ago

I, though I´m not a Note-user, am also very disappointed over the decision – this will open up the market for Note-wannabees. The S6 Edge+ isn´t a substitute for the Note 5, it´s only more beautiful… Not everyone is happy about the edged design! Undo and do it right for your european customers!

caesantos
1 year 8 days ago

If you’re not a Note-user, why do you care about the market for Note-wannabees?

loribear
1 year 9 days ago

i’m afraid samsung have just shot themselves in the foot & are going to lose sales by not giving europe the note5, the reason why they’re not giving us the 5.1.1 update is, that they think we’ll get fed up of waiting for it & think they can push the s6 edge on us instead , but i’m afraid they’re mistaken, alot of us like our styluses, including me, i use to to take screenshots & editing fotos , doing my sudokus , writing notes & signing forms with a form signing app, so use my stylus alot, so i for for one won’t be pushed into buying the s6 edge ,

TTSiam
1 year 9 days ago

The Note 5 is also available in Thailand. Every Samsung shop, plus all the other major retailers are selling it. It’s been here since at least Sunday 16th August. The price here is 25,900 Thai Baht and they are available to buy straight away, no waiting list!
Well Done Samsung, well at least here, not so good in other countries!

AJRimmer111
1 year 9 days ago

I currently have a Moto G2 and it’s fine. I bought it as a filler until the Note 5 was launched.
2 problems;
1) I am in Europe
2) It is full of shocking inadequacies.
I really used to love Samsung products too, such a shame but I will be unlikely to come back to Samsung unless they get back to what they have always done best, be different!

ijazali
1 year 9 days ago

why isn’t Pakistan on the list ?

pranshu.nijhawan66272

Admins! Please update the post
I just confirmed from Samsung Retailers. Note 5 will be released on 21st August in Delhi

amit rawat
1 year 8 days ago

no its not going to release, they only release edge+

jtOttawa
1 year 9 days ago

You state that: ‘Note: Not all countries are in this list yet. We will update as soon as we get the first firmware. If your particular country isn’t on the list, it’s unlikely you will ever have official access to the Note 5.’

Does this not strike you as contradictory? I would suggest you drop that second sentence, as the list is obviously incomplete, as others have noted.

One more omission to point out – Canada has the Note 5 already, and is not on this list.

Ahmedivx
1 year 9 days ago

My country is not listed and the devices are already listed at the local main Samsung retailer priced in Egyptian pounds 7000 EGP for the Note 5 and 7700 EGP for the S6 Edge Plus

warlockba
1 year 9 days ago

Well, Krapdragon 920 is comming soon – and if it does not overheat, it might be a beast.
Also Huawei has announced their new Kyrin 950, which with only a very small speed increase per core beats the current Exynos SoC by roughly 30%.

If that is true, plus the current marketing strategy … people will start rethinking soon from where they buy their phones, especially price / value / customer care will make a statement in a flooded market. It is not that I am against Samsung – but really, if that Note 5 is released past the release date of another CPU which beats it, it will hurt its market value. But most likely, as I already stated in some other post, maybe Samsung has a Note 5+ in mind in 2-3 months after releasing Note 5, so they are just doing market research now, with a “dumb version”, before they release an “improved and more expensive” one.

Thank God Samsung has UFS 2.0, so the 32GB/64GB variants run smooth … *caugh* (not), and no SD cards are necessary with that unlimited UFS 2.0 cloud, as the SD cards just slow the devices down to a crawl speed :).

PS: I am not ranting against that the phone is not available in EU, I could not care less, would not change my Note 4 for nothing in this world. I was just stating the obvious.

savantorian
1 year 9 days ago

In Afghanistan first but not in Europe? FUCK OFF!
TUR – Turkey SM-N920C — Turkey is not Europe? LOL

xednyl04
1 year 9 days ago

Turkey is not a part of Europe. Try reading Wikipedia.

MatheusARodrigues

No. Turkey isn’t Europe.
And Turkey is not in Europe.

Bw99
1 year 9 days ago

(Insert comment ranting about how to stupid samsung is by not releasing N5 releasing in
Europe here and that crapsung does not care for their european customers here).

j2001m
1 year 9 days ago

Have you noted no(f) ver of the phone, hm, that was the ver reported with 7422 and 4000 battery, hm, may be problems with the epop 7422 or a delay, may be out/nov

Bigsmoke79
1 year 9 days ago

And what about the European note 4 owners who would like to upgrade to the latest big flat screen phone? who don’t want the gimmicky curve?? Apple are gonna hurt Samsung sales with the 6s plus!

ProdByEchelon
1 year 9 days ago

South Africa is getting the S6 edge+ and Note 5 in September and November respectively

Celf
1 year 9 days ago

For me the S6+ is NOT an alternative for the Note 4 because I don’t like the curved screen of the S6+. My note 4 isn’t running smooth on Android 5.0.1.
Therefore I was looking forward to the Note 5. Now that it’s not coming to Europe I have to look somewhere else. Not only this but also the very poor update service of Samsung makes this Note 4 my last Samsung.

jameszah

One word……. UNBELIEVABLE!

Darkwing3
1 year 9 days ago

Samsung upset all customers in Europe and therefore loses more and more customers.
We are or were loyal customers. We must not accept such a lack of respect. Maybe it’s time to look at other manufacturers.

SenorSjon
1 year 9 days ago

I guess sales in torn countries like Iraq, Libya and Afhganistan are higher than sales in Europe…

pranshu.nijhawan66272
1 year 9 days ago

Like Seriously? Note 5 not even available in India. It’s one of the most loved and popular phones here and according to them they won’t collect profits from here?
I haven’t seen such a shit strategy my entire life -_-

hateftotti
1 year 9 days ago

You have forgotten to mention my country Iran