Report: Samsung Galaxy S6 will be as optimized as the Nexus 6

We exclusively reported that Samsung is developing the Galaxy S6 from scratch (both hardware and software) as a part of its Project Zero initiative. Now, a report from Business Korea has reaffirmed that Samsung is indeed working hard on optimizing the software on the Galaxy S6. According to the report, Samsung is aiming to get rid of unnecessary features and simplifying the UI – the company is supposedly aiming at optimizing TouchWiz to such an extent that it would be as fast and smooth as stock Android on the Nexus 6.

That’s very welcome news if true, as optimization has been sorely lacking on Samsung’s software for a long time now. Samsung has already started removing some features, as is evident on the Galaxy Note 4, but it’s clear that there is still a lot of cruft and unnecessary functionality that needs to be removed. Hopefully, this optimized version of TouchWiz will slowly but surely trickle down to cheaper devices with lower-end hardware after the Galaxy S6 comes out, we’ll find out just how good a job Samsung has done when the Galaxy S6 gets its inevitable official announcement in the next month or so.

Source

Phones 16

Millenium3
1 year 5 months ago

For those people who still believe Samsung can bring out a much consumer-satisfying phone, please don’t screw this up…

Millenium3

Mikedee718
1 year 5 months ago

Please Samsung don’t screw this “Project Zero” up. I really don’t want to switch to the iPhone, but it’s far superior than the S5 and the note 4. I been with you since the S2, and have had the S3,and currently the S5. I have had Android since the day it was 1st released with the T-Mobile, the G1. I love the Gmail integration so much. I am as loyal as a customer as you can have. Judging by the reports coming out recently from Forbes, and business insider it’s looking like the S6 is going to be a huge disappointment. I keep reading that Samsung is going to focus on cheaper smartphones. I don’t understand this line of thinking. I know that just about every site is partial to Apple, and want Samsung to fail, so I take it with a grain of salt. I remember when the S5 was announced during the MWC last year and then reading here on SamMobile the comments and the disappointment with the specs. Unfortunately everyone was right, cause the S5 is just not that good. The speaker is terrible, the sound when I plug in the headset is subpar. I hope they read this site and what people are saying cause if the S6 is what the other sites are reporting than I am going to jump ship, and eat alot of crow in making that decision. I been knocking down the iPhone since 2008 when I got the G1,then MyTouch, then MyTouch 3G, then Galaxy S2, S3,S5. There is still time to get this right, and I am begging they do.

TAMAREXXE
1 year 5 months ago

You are seriously on crack if you think any iPhone comes close to the Note 4.

TAMAREXXE
1 year 5 months ago

From what I’ve read, Samsung are not removing all the functionality, just the gimmicky stuff that tend to slow down the phone; it’s a necessary step. The Note 3 using the new touchwiz lollipop Vietnam is reportedly faster than the Nexus 5 and still retains all functionality. Vanilla Android is not perfect and lacks some functions that Samsung intend to keep. Best of both worlds.

Lovric1

Im just waiting 4.2.2 or 4.4.2 for s3 mini

TAMAREXXE

buy a new phone.

ProdByEchelon

Everyone, update your S Health. It go the Material Design look

Sureshan
1 year 5 months ago

I’ll believe it when I see it.

ProdByEchelon

The Note 4 beat the Nexus 6 in a speed test

daydreamer01
1 year 5 months ago

That will be a backwards step. The Nexus 6 is laggy, Note 4 is much smoother. Samsung should read tech blogs which point that out.

hot_spare
1 year 5 months ago

Yea, I find this weird as well. Nexus isn’t all that smooth and butter like everyone says. I have used it a lot, and I don’t really find much difference in smoothness. Most of all, the practical usability sucks for stock Android.

denny7bg
1 year 5 months ago

Nexus 6 is one of the smoothest phones, I have personally tested an early version (non official release) and was amazed by its speed.
The benchmark itself did 49 000pts, where the Note 4 is only 44 000pts.

I can only hope Samsung can make smooth TouchWiz!

aligap

Galaxy note 4 with exynos have 52000pts
i have N910H and with some optimizing and custom kernel get 57000pts

sorg
1 year 5 months ago

I hope they will keep removable battery and microSD. Otherwise, there are many alternatives.

yeeahnick

amen to that!

Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* Join the premium experience - get 25% discount* X