Is Samsung hinting at a quick update to Android Lollipop for the Galaxy Note 4?

That the Galaxy Note 4 will get an update to Android 5.0 Lollipop, and will be among the first Samsung phones to do so, is something that’s set in stone. But could Samsung be working on updating the Note 4 to Lollipop much faster than it has pushed out major updates in the past? The company has tweeted about the Galaxy Note 4′s Quad HD display, and the tweet shows an image of lollipops on the phone’s screen. Now, Samsung could simply have used this image because of the excitement around Android 5.0 at the moment (thanks to its very recent official announcement), but it could also be a hint that the update will arrive sooner rather than later.

We exclusively revealed earlier that Samsung is aiming for a late November/early December release for the update, and the company is already testing the latest version of the OS on the Galaxy S5, something we gave you a peek at recently. Samsung’s tweet is a good indication that that time frame could indeed be correct, though as always, we would caution against getting too excited, especially given how major an update Android Lollipop is.

What do you think? Is that tweet just a marketing gimmick, or could be hinting at something we will all await impatiently over the next couple of months?

Phones 17

thedorkknight
1 year 11 months ago

The Galaxy S5 is on the radar (Lollipop) and was already tested way before the Note 4. The S4 is iffy since it did get KK. It amazes me how many complain on this forum about updates with Sammobile has nothing to do with. They do a mighty fine job relaying everything Samsung related to us.

alastairgreen_Nexus

Good :)

androidloverbe
1 year 11 months ago

I agree not fair Samsung if you update the Note 4 to Lolypop then you have to update the S5 as well we did pay allot of money you know ????????

alastairgreen_Nexus
1 year 11 months ago

I think it will be a lot different due to optimisation and i am sure S5 will be the next in line on the NOTE 4 as i think it is similar to the line of succession of a monarchy

legacik
1 year 11 months ago

note 4 and s5 will get update at beginning.

hammamhazem

What about S4 ??

androidloverbe
1 year 11 months ago

Yes S4 should get it to complain to Samsung if you are an S4 owner.I have the impression Samsung is delaying the updates on purpes to force customers to buy new devices if they want the latest software that should be illegal in my opinion

rubiorm
1 year 11 months ago

Do you have any news of 5.0 on Galaxy S4 (I9505) ????
Just answer plsssss

thedorkknight
1 year 11 months ago

Of course it makes sense to lavish it’s Note 4 with Lollipop. The numbers alone speak for themselves how many have upgraded (myself included.) Plus those who converted to the Note from other manufactures. Samsung does in fact disappoint those with older devices hungry for a little taste of a sweet treat. It’s a business like it or not to get you to the next big thing rather than an last years handset.

legacik
1 year 11 months ago

at the beginning there will be update for Note4, S5, Tab S Series, Note 3.
later S4, Alpha (remember, not all versions at the same time f.ex. I9500/I9505 etc)

cheers

Just Saying

What about Note 3?!

legacik

in progress ;)

gbswales
1 year 11 months ago

I hope we can believe this – the note 3 is still a very recent phone (for anyone who keeps their phone for more than a few months) and it should get updates as quickly as any other “current” model. If you buy something it is in my view still current for at least 12 months even if one or more new versions come out in that period. However Samsung have a pretty poor record of releasing updates quickly on all but the very latest models

c2k01
1 year 11 months ago

Hope it will , because I’m getting this beast soon and really looking forward to use it’s touchwiz before CM12 gets in the air.

rwa66
1 year 11 months ago

I think it is just what it is: a Note 4 with a colorful picture.
Of course the Note 4 will get Lollipop first of all, but soon? Hey we all know Samsung. ;)

GidiKroon
1 year 11 months ago

Isn’t the note4′s recents UI almost like L’s anyway? Looks to me they were already aligning Touchwiz with L. But I have never seen Android Lollipop for real…

pola4real

UNFAIR
the latest frimware news about android l you said its gonna be S5 and Note together now its the note 4 ???
if it will bee like that at least I want to see the update as soon as possible in its time (November and December)