Posted by Abhijeet M. 2 months ago

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 confirmed to have 5.7-inch QHD (2560×1440) display

samsung-logo-feature-5

That the Galaxy Note 4 will sport a QHD (2560×1440) display resolution has already been confirmed a couple of times, most recently through exclusive insider info we published, and now it has also been confirmed by Samsung itself. Well, Samsung didn’t exactly come out in the open and say it – however, the SM-N910A, the AT&T variant of the Note 4, has showed up on Samsung’s mobile website, with its UAProf (user agent profile) listing the resolution for all to see. Furthermore, also confirmed is the screen size of the Galaxy Note 4. It was earlier leaked that it would be the same as the Galaxy Note 3′s at 5.7-inches, and the latest confirmation comes from the listing of the SM-N910A on Indian import tracking site Zauba.

Basically, the Galaxy Note 4′s display will be considerably sharper than its predecessor’s, and if rumors hold true, will also be curved to some extent, at least on one of its variants. The phablet will be powered by an Exynos 5433 CPU in some markets and by the Snapdragon 805 in others, and will feature a UV sensor on the front, a 16-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization and the Sony IMX240 sensor, and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.

sm-n910a-zauba-note-4

ViaSource [2]

12 comments on “Samsung Galaxy Note 4 confirmed to have 5.7-inch QHD (2560×1440) display

1. megalomaiac14 2 months ago said:

So no increase in screen size? Increasing the ppi will result in drastically lower battery life with little to no increase in clarity over 1080 so what’s the point other than for marketing? And the same series cortex a15 based over clocked s 800 again…whatever you wanna call the 801 and 805 these are simply over clocked snapdragon 800 wtf samsung? Do something new for once this is a note 3 with a oc kernel big deal

• wuwinso 2 months ago said:

increasing dpi does not mean that its going to decrease battery life, example: lg g2 screen 1080p uses more energy than the g3 1440p display. next 805 is not an overclocked 800. check architecture before you say smthing :)

• megalomaiac14 2 months ago said:

Dude check your facts the architecture is identical as is the micro architecture…the 800 thru 805 are all 28 nm arm v7 based architecture the only difference between them being clock speed of cpu and gpu. But they utilize the exact same cortex a15 base cpu and hexacore based gpu. So please enlighten me how this is not the definition of simply overclocking

• MastaCow 2 months ago said:

The Note 4 doesn’t hit the streets until September. Maybe it will skip the 805 and go straight to the 810.

• q8peace 2 months ago said:

i think 808 hexa note 4 neo vs exynos hexa note 4 new
            and galaxy s6 snapdragon 810 octa vs exynos 8 octa
            all 64bit 2015
            maybe no 64 bit high end this year in samsung
            thats why i have upgrade to note 3

• billyboy8888 2 months ago said:

I actually remember a credible tech analyst saying more powerful processors actually could lead to extended battery life. I know it sounds weird but when you look at it closely, it does make sense. hypothetically speaking, a 5 watt processor does consume less power per second than a 8 watt counterpart, but the 5 watt cpu might have to process it for 10 seconds. the 8 watt cpu might do the whole operation in 4 – 5 seconds. so it goes back to idle much sooner than the 5 watt cpu and end up saving 10-20% electricity in the end.

2. brianmp83 2 months ago said:

will this firmware work on my samsung galaxy tab 10.1 gt-p7500?

3. pedrodavid 2 months ago said:

As a very Fan of the NOTE series I was (I’m kind of leaving it behind soon), its a Total shame that Samsung is producing only “TAB” Series with better “everything” than was supposed to be the NOTE as the Flash Ship of the brand.

REAL SHAME FOR U Samsung.
    Now I’m probably selling all my the NOTE (smartphone, Note 8 3G, Mote 10.1, note 10.1 2014ed 3G, and my note “pro” 12.1 3G) series I have to go for the “Tab” series like this new one Galaxy Tab S…..GOSH!!!

It should’ve been named as “NOTE PRO S”

but…
    better for me so I wont keep on wasting my money on the s-pen feature and buy an unbranded pen to work with the “shame of Samsung” as I call it.

I’m disillusioned! (and want to cry tooo ;’( )

• ohnawkmik 2 months ago said:

ofc TAB S 10.5 will be better as it was just released while notes 10.1/ pro 12.2 were released months earlier, I’m sure the new notes 10.1/12.2 will be better than the newly released tab s 10.5…

4. Jb66 2 months ago said:

I just wish they made a decent spec mega. I dont want a spen or super HD screen

5. ManOfSteele 2 months ago said:

Wow. Since its still really early I hope this rumor isn’t true. If the Note 4 isn’a a 5.9″-6″ screen I will not be purchasing one.

6. MastaCow 2 months ago said:

I’m sorry but I would like a lighter, smaller, thinner 5.7 inch Note. There is a point where you can’t put it in your pocket, 5.7 is big enough.