[Update: SM-N9005, too] Exynos Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900) getting Android 4.4.2 KitKat in more regions

We were waiting with bated breath to see how long Samsung would take to extend the rollout of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy Note 3 after its debut in a single region for each variant, and thankfully, the company has decided not to make us wait too long. Both the Exynos and Snapdragon models are receiving the update in more regions, including India, South Korea, and Switzerland, bringing the usual KitKat goodies like white status bar icons, reduced memory usage, inbuilt wireless printing support, improved keyboard, and more.

As usual, the update is rolling out both over-the-air (sized at around 380 MB) and through Kies, and it could be a while before it reaches every device (even if you’re in the same region as someone else who has the update), though you can always do a manual check from the Settings » About phone » Software updates menu to try and speed things up a bit. Our firmware section is currently being updated with the new firmware, and once that’s done, you’ll be able to download the update and install it manually if you desire.

note-3-kitkat-switzerland

note-3-kitkat-india-update

Source [2] | Thanks Daki

Firmware news 85

doctor nader
16 days 11 hours ago

مرحبا النوت 3 عندي حدثتو ل لولي بوب و لكن لاحظت أنو صار أبطا و أرتفت حرارته بشكل كبييييير جدا .
أرجو المساعدة في حل هذه المشكلة مع العلم أني جربت النسختين الروسية و الأماراتية طبعا و عملت استعادة ضبط المصنع5.0
و سؤال آخر متى ينزل الأصدار 5.1.1

oubbbb
5 months 16 days ago

thanks

roberto kartoredjo
1 year 4 months ago

Got my Note 3 (SM-N900) yesterday. Got the restart problem. it just restarts when it likes to. i tried the Uncheck “Always allow scanning” option but no go, i even removed my SIM and SD card and still it reboots.
even factory reset/hard reset and also Wipe cache and wipe data but nada…
I also read about Google play updating a app that also causes the boot loop so i turned off Google play, still reboots when it likes to.
It has KitKat on it. i took it to the shop and they will be giving me a new one next week.
Does anyone have a stable Note 3 with KitKat on it?
I would like to know the Baseband version and build number ( Settings–> About) maybe that could help.
i had PDA: N900UBUDNB2
CSC: N900UUBDNB2
MODEM: N900UBUDNA1

Do the Note 3 now come standard with KitKat? i wish i can find one with 4.3 i read that those are stable

dan.ivan
1 year 5 months ago

My question is: if I update manually through odin, I will get updates after that?

doctor nader
16 days 10 hours ago

yes. i do it many times and i get updates after that….

hass01
1 year 6 months ago

I am owning note3 n900 when will i will get kitkat version onit??

roberto kartoredjo
1 year 4 months ago

A lot of people have complain about KitKat on the Note 3, like me I have the same Note3 as you with KitKat and it keeps restarting when it likes maybe 7-10 times daily

koelstriker
1 year 6 months ago

When will Kitkat be updated in Australia?
I’m using Note3 in AUS…

archislam
1 year 6 months ago

when 4.4.2 will be available for SM-N9005 in Saudi Arabia.

lamthanhmv
1 year 6 months ago

Updating to 4.4.2 is my huge mistake which I have done with my Note 3 (SM-N900), now my battery can last for only 12 hours, no more no less. Damn Samsung, u had better release new stability update now

roberto kartoredjo
1 year 4 months ago

Which region? I have KitKat on my Note and it keeps on rebooting when it feels like to (7-10 times daily). i have PDA: N900UBUDNB2
CSC: N900UUBDNB2
MODEM: N900UBUDNA1

patchkom
1 year 6 months ago

me asking to you (ask to samsung, google or sammobile).
you know that provider axis in indonesia?
for call, sms, mms and wcdma work in android kitkat 4.4.2 region made in malaysia? this is ask report from region indonesia. please replay it i need your answer ! thx god bless you

enisgelen
1 year 6 months ago

SM-N9000Q 4.4.2 GÜNCELLEMESİ HENÜZ GELMEDİ.GÜNCELLEME POLİTİKANIZI ANLAMIŞ DEĞİLİM.NEDEN HER YER AYNI ANDA ALAMIYOR.YOKSA HER NOTE 3 AYNI DEĞİLMİ?BU ÇİFTE STANDART NEDEN?BELKİ GELİR İLLAKİ BEKLENECEK.:((

koelstriker
1 year 6 months ago

I live in Australia. when is the update-day….I’m waiting

arjunpaliath
1 year 6 months ago

No issues here on my SM-N900.
Got the update via OTA and installation was a breeze.

No major updates except UI changes and couple of options in the Settings. But performance improvements are amazing and the battery life has improved especially the Stand by time.

And BTW this is the quickest update to the latest version of android ever in a Samsung that I know off..:P

roberto kartoredjo
1 year 4 months ago

I would like to know the Baseband version and build number ( Settings–> About) maybe that would help my Note 3 to not reboot frequently
i have PDA: N900UBUDNB2
CSC: N900UUBDNB2
MODEM: N900UBUDNA1

janarthg
1 year 6 months ago

last night my phone receive 4.4.2 update.but s view cover did not work after update.how can i solve the problem?
02.when note 3 get LTE net work menu

sprex
1 year 6 months ago

I’m from the Philippines and was able to upgrade my Galaxy Note 3 via OTA!

Juppreet

This update sucks!
My Note 3 hangs a lot after the Kitkat Update :(

arjunpaliath
1 year 6 months ago

Try doing a factory reset and then check again.
No issues on my Note 3 which is BTW the SM-N900 from India.

Ssdreams75
1 year 6 months ago

Anyone tell me When my note 3 SM N9005 get kitkat 4.4.2 in Saudi Arabia?

ersinbull
1 year 7 months ago

Is there anybody in duty at Samsung?

Why don’ you answer any question? Are you all trying to solve the kit-kat problems? We are writing from Turkey and asking you the release date of Note 3 N9000Q. You will give just a date. Is it too hard for you to estimate the time you will release new Android system? Are you incapable to answer such an easy question? Your image in Turkey is desperately decreasing, but you can’t even see that.

Still waiting your answer…

AquilaSol
1 year 7 months ago

This isn’t Samsung.com. You’re in the wrong place.

johnyyforu

Purchased SM-N9005 In Saudi Arabia network lock in India how to unlock

varunkunder
1 year 6 months ago

Did u activate first in saudi arabia? using saudi sim?

johnyyforu
1 year 7 months ago

When will you update SM – N9005 firmware 4.4.2 (Saudi Arabia )

djathena
1 year 7 months ago

I don’t understand Samsung’s update politics.
Where is the update for Turkey N9000Q?
When will Turkey N9000Q firmware distribute?

Our phones are same with N900 in terms of hardware. Why do we wait?We are boring to wait it.

sheny10
1 year 7 months ago

i didnt recieve any update im in sri lanka :(

jataayu elektro

when i can update galaxy note 3 sm-n900 indonesia

mankunwar singh
1 year 7 months ago

Hey guys. There seems to be problems with the kitkat upgrade. Apps stop responding in case with the use to extsdcard. Games stop before loading. These errors need to be corrected ASAP.

GreywolfUK
1 year 7 months ago

some games and apps might work again with a re-install, otherwise we need to wait on the app/game developers updating their stuff.

mankunwar singh
1 year 7 months ago

@GreywoldUK I went with what you said. But it happens the same with those apps. There are problems still existing with the extsdcard. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling. But it didn’t work. Phone hangs on many other things. It was fine on the Android 4.3 JellyBean. Never had such issues.

id027102

Answer from developper :
Galaxy Note 3 running Android 4.4.2 does not allow non-system apps to write to the external SD card. They can read but cannot write. This problem started with Android 4.4 update and affects all apps. If Dropsync can’t write to a folder, it cannot sync it. I am sorry but it’s not fixable in Dropsync. The app cannot workaround system restrictions. Only Samsung can fix it.

GreywolfUK
1 year 6 months ago

I would not be surprised if they started releasing updates to Kitkat in the very near future.

GreywolfUK
1 year 6 months ago

As I am not an app developer, I cannot say what the problem is 100%. But I am finding myself agree with you, in that it is a problem with Android 4.4.2 itself, as I have noticed built apps/widgets, for example I use the dual world clock widget, and find that sometimes it will not update the time properly. I actually have to restart the phone to get it to update properly.

So I am thinking more and more that it is not just apps and games that are the problem, but the release itself is bugged and this is not so much Samsung’s fault, but Google’s fault in that they should not have signed off on it for release.

ayyazkhan
1 year 7 months ago

Where is this update for Pakistan

po8giler

when i can get download firmware note 3 n9005 XME Malaysia

chiebai_13
1 year 7 months ago

The Downloadable Firmware is not available yet, but you can Try doing a manual update.. My phone’s from Malaysia (N9005) and I was able to update it on the 24th of January (Please read previous comments on this post).. cheers!