Posted by Abhijeet M. 12 months ago

Galaxy S5 to come with built-in multi-party conference call feature?

multi-party-conference-call-samsung-galaxy-s5

As is the case with every new flagship smartphone released by Samsung, the Galaxy S5 will likely feature numerous new software features to enhance the user experience, and we might just have a glimpse of at least one such feature – built-in conference calls capability (with video support) between multiple persons. A document filed to the Korean Intellectual Property Rights Information Service shows the interface for such a feature.

By what is shown in the app portrayed in the pictures you see, it would seem users will be able to use both the front and back camera at the same time when in a video call conference, while also being able to see the video feeds of others at the bottom of the screen. It’s possible the feature might come as an update to ChatON, which already does allow one-way conference calls – the option to have multi-party calls would give Samsung a nice feature to boast about on its messaging app, though whether it debuts on the Galaxy S5 or through a software update to ChatON before that is something that remains to be seen.

multi-party-conference-call-samsung-galaxy-s5samsung-galaxy-s5-groepsgesprek-video (1)

Via | Source

5 comments on “Galaxy S5 to come with built-in multi-party conference call feature?

1. miguelinho 12 months ago said:

Awesome, good one samsung

2. alexmax989 12 months ago said:

I hope the galaxy S5 is not so expensisive.

• themask007 12 months ago said:

Keep dreaming. Better buy Nexus.

• caclark74 12 months ago said:

I’d rather pay $600 for a S5 than $400 for a Nexus. I’d say a better camera, better/removable battery, expandable storage and more productivity features make the extra cost well worth it.

3. Sizzleboom 12 months ago said:

I sincerely hope Samsung will come up with a way to have conference calls (audio ones especially–video conferencing doesn’t interest me so much) even when the carrier doesn’t support it. My carrier doesn’t allow conference calls even though my phone (Note II) does support it, so when I try to merge two calls together, it gives me an error. If only Samsung enabled one phone to “host” a conference call–meaning it sends the other participants eachother’s audio as well, that would be absolutely fantastic in my opinion.